Oregon and Tulane since AU

AU-24

5 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

On offense from the first quarter till the end of the game Gus continually couldn’t get a play in to Bo.

That couldn't have anything to do with playing in an extremely hostile environment, could it?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once Jay Jay got up to speed Joiners pt was reduced.  Not really sure why we sign GTs with only one year of eligibility.

8 minutes ago, autan said:

Once Jay Jay got up to speed Joiners pt was reduced.  Not really sure why we sign GTs with only one year of eligibility.

Depth I imagine 

17 hours ago, Zeek said:

They geared their offense towards their strengths... imagine that lol

They completely overhauled their offense...left the stone age.  They've always had fantastic talent on offense.

9 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

My concern is more about pass blocking by them. I also want Gus to roll Bo more intentionally . 

Gus didn't want his freshman QB and O line to be overwhelmed and went protective in Florida field by forcing Bo to get the ball out quickly...eliminated half the field pre-snap.  You didn't like what our offense showed, based on the dozens of comments to that end.  Now, you say you want Gus to roll Bo...effetively eliminating half (or more) of the field.  I don't follow.

4 hours ago, Rednilla said:

That couldn't have anything to do with playing in an extremely hostile environment, could it?

What's the point of the signals and all the poster faces on the sideline?  Does Gus yell the play in to the QB? If he didn't have a plan to deal with the noise, then I don't know what to say.

7 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I'm trying to figure out why our SOS is so important right now?

Looking at the SOS gives us a barometer of what type of team we have. We haven't been playing cupcakes every weekend.

Pretty sure Kent is winning their division right now too

20 hours ago, nixtosanders94 said:

What good would a response do with you? I have a response.  But its not worth it, Im gonna find another thread. I’ll send you my posts in pm first for your approval before I post them.

I think you may be jumping to quick to say to people to put you on ignore.  I have seen you do it a few times when they just want to converse with you.  I don't think DAG meant any harm in what he was saying to you my friend.  Nothing wrong with a respectful discussion, just like you and I have.

To your original point, I think this may have been before your time on here earlier in the year but many people were saying that they would be happy if we beat the people we should beat and make it competitive against the tougher competition.  Well, we have done that so far and even in our wins against those we should beat, they are pretty darn good teams.  But those same people that said the above are now going back on what they said.  So if they did not mean what they said in the first place, why even say it?

20 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I think you may be jumping to quick to say to people to put you on ignore.  I have seen you do it a few times when they just want to converse with you.  I don't think DAG meant any harm in what he was saying to you my friend.  Nothing wrong with a respectful discussion, just like you and I have.

To your original point, I think this may have been before your time on here earlier in the year but many people were saying that they would be happy if we beat the people we should beat and make it competitive against the tougher competition.  Well, we have done that so far and even in our wins against those we should beat, they are pretty darn good teams.  But those same people that said the above are now going back on what they said.  So if they did not mean what they said in the first place, why even say it?

Me and Nix are good.

We talked like grown men and hashed it out. Simple miscommunication ! 

Also I do agree with your post. A lot of posters did not expect us to be in this position prior to the season. 

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Yeah I sent DAG a PM apologizing for being a d***...Was having a bad morning I guess. Thanks abw.

To your other point I see where you are coming from. I think the UF game was frustrating because most felt like we would win it and some of the old offensive frustrations reared their head again. That game won’t make or break the season though. The upcoming stretch of Amen Corner on steroids will and we’ll see how that comes out. I feel like one win out of three and beating the ones we should would make Gus safe for this year.  Now, next year.....

23 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I think the UF game was frustrating because most felt like we would win it and some of the old offensive frustrations reared their head again.

Yup! Once again... somehow... Gus went into a big time game completely unprepared on offense and had absolutely no answers when Plan A didn't work. Oh, sorry. He strung together a few big runs by Whitlow on one drive. (He didn't really let anyone else touch the ball much. Whitlow's hurt again. What are the chances?)

It's not like uga the other day, with over 400 yards of offense while holding the other team to less than 300 and only allowing 10 points to their offense in regulation. Put another way, you take out the turnovers and the actual score and anyone who looks at the remaining stats assumes that uga won and won big. Conversely, if you look at us against UF, it looks like a game we deserved to lose. Replace Derrick Brown with a mere mortal and it's probably not close.

Our offense suuuuuuuuuuuucked against Florida. The fact that our defense didn't doesn't mean that our head coach did a good job. He didn't. It was MSU 2018 all over again. Major, major coaching fail. So hell yeah, most reasonable fans are pissed about it. 

College football fans love to puff out their chests and say that CFB is the best because every game matters. Welp, we lost a game that mattered, and we lost it stupidly. Again. I stand by everything I said before the season. 

I dunno. Maybe it's that good ol' LBS kicking in. Whew. Now we're an underdog again. Back where we belong. 

15 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Gus didn't want his freshman QB and O line to be overwhelmed and went protective in Florida field by forcing Bo to get the ball out quickly...eliminated half the field pre-snap.  You didn't like what our offense showed, based on the dozens of comments to that end.  Now, you say you want Gus to roll Bo...effetively eliminating half (or more) of the field.  I don't follow.

Do you really have a reading problem or just interject what you want it to say anyway? I said ( please follow closely and I’ll type slowly so you can read) Bo actually seems to read and throw better on the run. Was obvious during highschool has been obvious since he has been here. Now that is what I said . Try to inject your sore feelings in some other discussion I don’t really have time to waste with someone just looking for a point to flap his wings like a peacock.

1 hour ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Yeah I sent DAG a PM apologizing for being a d***...Was having a bad morning I guess. Thanks abw.

To your other point I see where you are coming from. I think the UF game was frustrating because most felt like we would win it and some of the old offensive frustrations reared their head again. That game won’t make or break the season though. The upcoming stretch of Amen Corner on steroids will and we’ll see how that comes out. I feel like one win out of three and beating the ones we should would make Gus safe for this year.  Now, next year.....

Yeah I am hoping, praying Gus learned his lesson and comes to his senses with urgency in playcalling from now on

UF is certainly a better offense with Trask and they have an NFL tight end. Franks going down was just bad luck for us. Their defense however is very overrated, like many in here suggested before we played them. We played a bad game more than Florida beat us. Oh well.... time to move on. We still control our destiny and I’m excited to see DJ 

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

praying Gus learned his lesson and comes to his senses

I’ll take “What every Auburn fan has said for the last 5 years” for $500, Alex

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’ll take “What every Auburn fan has said for the last 5 years” for $500, Alex

True but every once in a while he does something amazing and the same fans who say this disappear for a week or so lol. It goes back and forth. Of course until he loses in a mind numbing way again. But a lot of people, mocking did not think we would be 5-1 at this point. So there is a reason for some positivity. Like I said, I hate to belabor this point, but I remember preseason when people thought Texas A&M would be on the uptick and now they are 3-3.  I haven't heard anyone reference that point since. We beat Arkansas and we set ourselves up for a top ten match up against #2 LSU.

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

Looking at the SOS gives us a barometer of what type of team we have.

SOS is really not set in stone until the end of the year when everything has played out. Playing a top 10 team in September is much different than playing one in December.

7 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

SOS is really not set in stone until the end of the year when everything has played out. Playing a top 10 team in September is much different than playing one in December.

You mean that TAMU win isn't looking like the defining moment of the 2019 college football season anymore? :(

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

True but every once in a while he does something amazing and the same fans who say this disappear for a week or so lol. It goes back and forth. Of course until he loses in a mind numbing way again. But a lot of people, mocking did not think we would be 5-1 at this point. So there is a reason for some positivity. Like I said, I hate to belabor this point, but I remember preseason when people thought Texas A&M would be on the uptick and now they are 3-3.  I haven't heard anyone reference that point since. We beat Arkansas and we set ourselves up for a top ten match up against #2 LSU.

This is all true, however, every week bring a new reality.  I didn’t notice you were gone from the board for a week or so, I was in Maine and promised my wife I would limit my screen time, so I didn’t notice.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

This is all true, however, every week bring a new reality.  I didn’t notice you were gone from the board for a week or so, I was in Maine and promised my wife I would limit my screen time, so I didn’t notice.

I am not talking about you at all. But I am talking about the very vocal folks who were absolutely assured we wouldn’t be in this position. I just think 5-1 is a great spot, considering what the pre-ideal was prior to this season. This does not mean we can’t be frustrated about losing to Florida. I was super frustrated about but , now we have another week as you have said. With our schedule the season is far from a dead shot. I am excited for what is to come, whether it is in victory or defeat, the next big three will tell a lot. I truly think Gus gets to 9 wins (not counting the bowl game)this year and if so, you can’t do nothing but salute him , IMO.  We will see if my prediction is wrong or right. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I am not talking about you at all. But I am talking about the very vocal folks who were absolutely assured we wouldn’t be in this position. I just think 5-1 is a great spot, considering what the pre-ideal was prior to this season. This does not mean we can’t be frustrated about losing to Florida. I was super frustrated about but , now we have another week as you have said. With our schedule the season is far from a dead shot. I am excited for what is to come, whether it is in victory or defeat, the next big three will tell a lot. I truly think Gus gets to 9 wins (not counting the bowl game)this year and if so, you can’t do nothing but salute him , IMO.  We will see if my prediction is wrong or right. 

I didn’t think you were talking about me as I have not been posting too much this year.  I have been taking the wait and see approach, but did not think we would be 5-1. The hopes were high going down to Gainesville, but, alas now we re-evaluate. UGA looks beatable, LSU, well I hope Borrow has a bad night as a result of our front 5/7.  If he pulls off a W against Bama and UGA the world will be in it’s correct orbit.

On 10/13/2019 at 4:12 PM, Rednilla said:

I think he said from Gus to Bo. Hostile environment wouldn’t hamper that much cause they  use signs and hand signs to send them into Bo. The problem was Gus couldn’t decide on a play then when at the last moment to send one in Bo had a hard time trying to pass it along to his folks because of the noise. Would have been better for Gus to make the decision faster and have given Bo more time to pass it along.

5 hours ago, DAG said:

So your saying 9 would be ok for uat and LSU ?  I mean a lot of folks have tough schedules in the SEC west and They still seem to play for championships . How come it is ok for AU not to win the tough games like LSU and Uat? Just seems every year with Gus we have built in reasons why it’s ok for him to lose tough games and even not so tough games. Maybe that why we don’t play for championships because we are always working with conditions that other teams don’t seem to have. 🤔

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

So your saying 9 would be ok for uat and LSU ?  I mean a lot of folks have tough schedules in the SEC west and They still seem to play for championships . How come it is ok for AU not to win the tough games like LSU and Uat? Just seems every year with Gus we have built in reasons why it’s ok for him to lose tough games and even not so tough games. Maybe that why we don’t play for championships because we are always working with conditions that other teams don’t seem to have. 🤔

I feel like you intentionally overlook the content I write. 

1. Yes, 9 wins for this squad is a great achievement. We have brand new starters at QB. We have unknown talent at WR. This team at some of the most important positions is green. So yes, with what was considered one of the hardest schedule in the nation, 9 wins would be an accomplishment. 2017 was a championship quality team, 2014 was a championship quality team, 2015 was a championship quality team. This year, there was a lot of unknown. I don't see how anyone can overlook that.

I can't speak for  what LSU is okay with, but they haven't been to the SEC championship since 2011. In fact, they haven't beat Alabama since 2011, if you really want to keep things in perspective. There have been only three teams playing for championships since Gus tenure at Auburn as HC: Auburn, UGA and Bama. And Auburn is the only one who has actually beaten the King to get those opportunities. So that is a blatant falsehood you just said. Now, I have said continuously Gus needs to win 9 games this year and he needs to beat teams he should beat. I have criticize him continuously for losing to teams he shouldn't lose to. But come on. UF has a good chance to go to the SEC Championship game. LSU and Bama are considered two of the top teams in the nation. UGA, who really should be dominating the SEC east, has top tier talent. If he can at least win 1 OUT 3 of those games this year, have a 9 game season and potentially a ten win season with this squad, then how possibly can you be upset with Gus?

I am curious to see what your preseason predictions were for this season. But as it looks right now: We played Oregon (Possible Pac 12 champion), UF AND UGA (Two  of the SEC East big dogs) & Bama/LSU ( Considered two of the top teams in the nation). That is a hell of a resume for any school in the nation to go against. 9 wins with that resume is quite the achievement. If this squad were to run the table, I would consider that an overachievement.

Archived