Trump green lights freeing ISIS fighters

TexasTiger

All this is a sad situation and I have mixed feeling about Trump's decision to  withdraw all our troops. But with Turkish forces coming from the North and Syrians from the South, our troops were in the middle. The whole mess is not worth the life of one American. If you had a brother there would you want him pulled out?

44 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

All this is a sad situation and I have mixed feeling about Trump's decision to  withdraw all our troops. But with Turkish forces coming from the North and Syrians from the South, our troops were in the middle. The whole mess is not worth the life of one American. If you had a brother there would you want him pulled out?

You miss the point that Erdogan initiated this immediately after talking to Trump and having it supported. You missed the fact that Trump talked to Erdogan, but no one in our military. You missed Trump rationalizing why we should let the Kurds be slaughtered. Really, anyone who wants to actively defend Trump should spend more time following what he says than critiquing those who do. Follow him on Twitter. Take in what he says. Understand exactly what you’re defending. 

36 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You miss the point that Erdogan initiated this immediately after talking to Trump and having it supported. You missed the fact that Trump talked to Erdogan, but no one in our military. You missed Trump rationalizing why we should let the Kurds be slaughtered. Really, anyone who wants to actively defend Trump should spend more time following what he says than critiquing those who do. Follow him on Twitter. Take in what he says. Understand exactly what you’re defending. 

yeah I missed some of that. Guess I need to watch CNN more:drippingsarcasm7pa:

I'm not defending Trump here. I have already said I don't know enough to know what was the right thing to do. Do you have all the info or just what you see/read in the media? Even before all this we were getting our guys killed. Do you think we should have just continued down that road?

15 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

yeah I missed some of that. Guess I need to watch CNN more:drippingsarcasm7pa:

I'm not defending Trump here. I have already said I don't know enough to know what was the right thing to do. Do you have all the info or just what you see/read in the media? Even before all this we were getting our guys killed. Do you think we should have just continued down that road?

I think we had minimal troops there, but if the US maintained a small presence coupled with a clear stance that the US supported the Kurds as our allies in the fight against ISIS, that had kept Turkey at bay. Erdogan is an autocratic thug whom Trump likes. If Trump made clear he was opposed to this, it wouldn’t happen. He communicated just the opposite. Many Trump supporting Republicans see this. This is not a partisan stance.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

I think we had minimal troops there, but if the US maintained a small presence coupled with a clear stance that the US supported the Kurds as our allies in the fight against ISIS, that had kept Turkey at bay. Erdogan is an autocratic thug whom Trump likes. If Trump made clear he was opposed to this, it wouldn’t happen. He communicated just the opposite. Many Trump supporting Republicans see this. This is not a partisan stance.

I understand. But I ask again, if one of those troops that have been getting killed there frequently was your brother would you feel differently?

I understand. But I ask again, if one of those troops that have been getting killed there frequently was your brother would you feel differently?

That can be said of most any deployment. Seems like you’re mostly interested in deflecting from the substance of the situation. I will say if my brother were serving there and got artillery fire from a rogue “ally” I’d expect a strong response from the commander in Chief.

15 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

That can be said of most any deployment. Seems like you’re mostly interested in deflecting from the substance of the situation. I will say if my brother were serving there and got artillery fire from a rogue “ally” I’d expect a strong response from the commander in Chief.

I don't know why you say I'm deflecting. I will just say if my brother was there I would have wanted him out a long time ago. The real mistake IMO was sending troops to Syria in the first place.They have been fighting ethnic, religious, oil. etc., wars in the ME forever and it's not going to change. We can't be the world's protector. We apparently have forgot Viet Nam.

22 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

I don't know why you say I'm deflecting. I will just say if my brother was there I would have wanted him out a long time ago. The real mistake IMO was sending troops to Syria in the first place.They have been fighting ethnic, religious, oil. etc., wars in the ME forever and it's not going to change. We can't be the world's protector. We apparently have forgot Viet Nam.

Hadn’t heard you make that argument until Trump did the other day. Guess you cheered on Obama leaving Iraq the first time. BTW, the mission in Syria was quite a bit different than Vietnam. The next day Trump committed more troops to Saudi Arabia than we’re removing from Syria. Do you oppose that, too? How do you square Trump’s supposed reasoning for those 2?

32 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Hadn’t heard you make that argument until Trump did the other day. Guess you cheered on Obama leaving Iraq the first time. BTW, the mission in Syria was quite a bit different than Vietnam. The next day Trump committed more troops to Saudi Arabia than we’re removing from Syria. Do you oppose that, too? How do you square Trump’s supposed reasoning for those 2?

You forget I am a Libertarian so yes I  agreed with Obama and definitely oppose sending troops to Saudi Arabia. Contrary to what you believe I don't agree with everything Trump does.

4 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

You forget I am a Libertarian so yes I  agreed with Obama and definitely oppose sending troops to Saudi Arabia. Contrary to what you believe I don't agree with everything Trump does.

Okay. Do you also consider yourself an isolationist?

18 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

This action is ending nothing. 

Guess Rand and I see it differently. How long do you want to stay in Syria? How long do you want to stay in Afghanistan?

29 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

Guess Rand and I see it differently. How long do you want to stay in Syria? How long do you want to stay in Afghanistan?

Don’t know. How long do you want ISIS?

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Don’t know.----then why are you criticizing someone who makes that decision for you

How long do you want ISIS?---not at all obviously. But they are rudderless now and let Europe worry about them.

13 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

Don’t know.----then why are you criticizing someone who makes that decision for you

How long do you want ISIS?---not at all obviously. But they are rudderless now and let Europe worry about the

Because he’s doing it badly. I don’t know because it’s premature. 

You have no idea how freedom and the rule of law work. We don’t live in a vacuum.

52 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Because he’s doing it badly. I don’t know because it’s premature. ---You said you didn't know what to do so how can you say he's doing it badly?

You have no idea how freedom and the rule of law work.---what is the rule of law in this case?

We don’t live in a vacuum.--not sure what you mean here.

I said I wasn’t sure how long to stay, not what to do now. I know he’s doing badly because of the immediate consequences that have followed.

You seem unconcerned if ISIS attacks our closest allies. The bigger the free world is, the easier it is to maintain. It is shrinking under Trump and he is contributing to that problem.

1E0A2680-9FBD-4259-8F95-AD4C6FAA4961.jpeg

Archived