Prayers please

bigbird

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the updates. I'm not a softie by any means but it tears me up inside reading your words of your son going through this. Sending positive thoughts and prayers 

Still praying for your entire family Bird. Keep us posted when possible. ❤️

Praying that James will get relief from the pain very soon. Also praying for Mrs. Bird and Big Bird too. 🙏 I am a father and it breaks my heart to hear the pain  James is having to endure....and mom and dad as well.

Bird I’m sorry I’m late seeing this. I will definitely pray for James and for your family. Stay strong he needs you. There is a light ahead and God will be with you every step of the way as will all of us . God bless 🙏🙏🙏

On 10/15/2019 at 12:02 PM, bigbird said:

Short update...

Exhaustion has set in. Thankfully he was able to sleep for 4 hours straight last night and he just fell asleep again about 10 minutes ago. Swelling is still present and significant but not any worse however the pain is just as bad, maybe worse. James has literally been climbing his bed with all the squirming and writhing he has done. It's just so unbearable to hear him crying out, "daddy it hurts so bad" or "daddy, please make it stop" and not being able to do a damn thing for him. I just hold him as he buries his head in my chest and cries, trying not to breakdown myself. 

Please continue to pray for his pain relief and our strength.

Lifting you all high.  It sounds impossible to hear this, but I truly believe your "all you can do" is the BEST thing you can do.  Touch and silence when words won't suffice work wonders. He will look back and remember your sweetness in the awfulness.  I am so sorry for this trial.  I look forward to hearing the victory chapters emerge...and all of the Panda Express he feels like eating in the near future!  

Bird, all positive things I can think and hope for are sent your way.  I hope the news for your son and your family is the best possible and healing with relief from suffering is upon you,

Prayers lifted.

Update:

He slept for about 6 hours last night. No change this morning in the pain. Being sent to PICU to begin a low-dose ketamine drip for 24 hours to try and "reset" the pain cycle. Waiting for a bed to open up there. 

Thanks again, everyone.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Update:

He slept for about 6 hours last night. No change this morning in the pain. Being sent to PICU to begin a low-dose ketamine drip for 24 hours to try and "reset" the pain cycle. Waiting for a bed to open up there. 

Thanks again, everyone.

Glad that he slept better last night, continuing to pray that God would intervene on his behalf and remove the suffering each of you are going through. We serve an Awesome God and He is in the healing business.  Love you Brother.

Praying that James can get relief now that his Drs are trying a different approach. Thank goodness he was able to get some sleep.

Hope you and your wife were able to get a little rest too bird. 

Praying - for his general health - and - specifically for

his pain to abate,

for his rest,

for his, you and your families strength and 

for the Lord to provide His strength and love and for our community and family to surround you with our love and care. 

There is nothing tougher than having a sick child. He and your family has my prayers and the prayers of my whole family.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. One of the reasons I didn’t go into a pediatric field was I am not strong enough to deal with ailing children and the family hurt that goes with it( too much of a wimp to handle innocents suffering). Infinitely harder when it is your own I know.

Matthew 19:26; Psalm 121

Prayers sent my friend! May God provide true healing.

Archived