If we come out flat against Arkansas

lost

All bets are off.. They are getting better.  They are at Home..   They are starving for a win.    And Bo is still a freshman

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if we come out flat we still win. from what i have heard from different people talking arkie just does not have the joes to seriously compete with almost any team with a pulse. i think ol bert messed them up pretty good.

They had a chance against Texas AM. It's College football and even though down, even Arky can beat anybody on any given Saturday. I would still bet on a win and a handily one at that, but nothing is a given. 

they are getting better, but the one thing in our favor is that the Guster treats this as his Super Bowl and he'll throw everything he has at them....if he loses to ARKIE, he should be fired on the spot and left in Fayetteville

23 minutes ago, lost said:

All bets are off.. They are getting better.  They are at Home..   They are starving for a win.    And Bo is still a freshman

Big part of what happened at Florida. Defense got caught looking flat for a big TD and then we had a 3-and-out. After that the crowd and momentum was theirs. 

I am not calling for an upset.  Ii am just saying, look at S Carolina/Ga if you think it will not happen.   We are working some kinks out, and Gus is just dadgum hardheaded

We've come out pretty flat most games this season except MSU.  I think Arkansas will give us the margin for error that we need.

I think we probably will look flat. Our RB position is going to be very different. Maybe, eventually  better , but new. And after the game Bo had..... who knows how he responds. Not much would surprise me Saturday but I gotta still think we win. I think we could come out of an ugly win and still improve for LSU. 

We are going to have to play some kind of awful for that game to be close. Even then, I'd still pick AU. Hard to see us losing this weekend. Certainly could be wrong, but just don't think we're going to have a ton of issues.

I don't have any evidence because it's not important enough to me but my (beer)GUT tells me....

Seems that for noon (11am/CST) games our beloved Tigers do better away than home.  Often for early kicks, it's the fans who are flat and it does trickle down to the field of play.  However, a flat Away crowd works in the Visitors' favor.

Again, just my feeling...

Gus never comes out flat against Arkansas. This is his vendetta game. Remember a couple years ago when we beat a RANKED piggy team 56-3? This is personal, and we will stomp them Saturday.

How could any of us know how we're going to come out?  Nothing would surprise me with Gus as coach.

13 minutes ago, fishepa said:

How could any of us know how we're going to come out?  Nothing would surprise me with Gus as coach.

Gus is my problem.  I can see him riding the Sr RB who is not built for that....  He has got to see that....  

1 hour ago, lost said:

I am not calling for an upset.  Ii am just saying, look at S Carolina/Ga if you think it will not happen.   We are working some kinks out, and Gus is just dadgum hardheaded

South Carolina moved the ball against Bama, Arky almost lost to portland state 

30 minutes ago, lost said:

Gus is my problem.  I can see him riding the Sr RB who is not built for that....  He has got to see that....  

25 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

they lost to a WR playing QB

I dont think the world of Bo but cmon now lol 

Again   It ain't Bo.  It is Gus.    I hope i am plum wrong.  It has happened time and time again.   We went to Ga and laid an egg. We got beat by Tn.   OVER AND OVER i have seen him refuse to make adjustments and continue the foolishness.  The foolishness this time is ride Bo and put all the responsibility on him with his play calls and usage of players

41 minutes ago, lost said:

Again   It ain't Bo.  It is Gus.    I hope i am plum wrong.  It has happened time and time again.   We went to Ga and laid an egg. We got beat by Tn.   OVER AND OVER i have seen him refuse to make adjustments and continue the foolishness.  The foolishness this time is ride Bo and put all the responsibility on him with his play calls and usage of players

Well we didnt lose the Florida game because of Gus. Im not gonna beat a dead horse but we left at least 2 TDs and a potential field goal on the field, Gus cant execute the calls himself. The only game Gus has had this season where the playcalling was suspect is the Oregon game, and it wasnt that bad. We didnt lose to UT because of Gus either

edit: I hope you watched that Florida first half and was able to come to the realization that UF was easily able to stuff the OL and make the running game frustrating for any play caller...that's a situation where you're going to have to have the QB win the day. Its not like Gus can just will the running game to work bc that'd bail out the QB

Quite frankly, I think we come out strong in this one. We lost two weeks ago to a team that we should have beat. Our OL played with no energy. Our skill players were dropping passes and making mistakes. Our quarterback didn't seem like his head was in the game. Our defense gave up uncharacteristic explosive plays.

The players have had two weeks to think about it. If I were a player, I'd come out mad. We played flat against Florida, and they spoiled what was starting to feel like an impressive season. Personally, I think the players will bounce back this week and annihilate Arky. I'm curious to see how the running backs get used now. I think they are all talented, and maybe this will force Gus to rotate them more.

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Well we didnt lose the Florida game because of Gus. Im not gonna beat a dead horse but we left at least 2 TDs and a potential field goal on the field, Gus cant execute the calls himself. The only game Gus has had this season where the playcalling was suspect is the Oregon game, and it wasnt that bad. We didnt lose to UT because of Gus either

If one player looks bad, it is on the player. If one unit looks bad, it is on the position coach. If one side of the ball looks bad, it is on the coordinator. Every unit but our defensive line played arguably their poorest game against Florida (okay, maybe second worst for the OL). That's on Gus. He failed to mentally prepare the team for that game. The game plans looked good, but our players were not ready to play.

8 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

If one player looks bad, it is on the player. If one unit looks bad, it is on the position coach. If one side of the ball looks bad, it is on the coordinator. Every unit but our defensive line played arguably their poorest game against Florida (okay, maybe second worst for the OL). That's on Gus. He failed to mentally prepare the team for that game. The game plans looked good, but our players were not ready to play.

I can see where you coming from, but I dont see how the receivers or RBs looked unprepared to play. The OL and QB looked like how they have in other pressure situations, for the most part. I blame it on Gus that those units are what they are now, but blaming the play calling... I can't agree with that. And the guy who I had quoted, his logic implied that there was something Gus could've done to avoid the situation leading up to this game, that's what I was also disagreeing with. 

In a hyperbolic, hindsight discussion, theres alot that should be different

36 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

edit: I hope you watched that Florida first half and was able to come to the realization that UF was easily able to stuff the OL and make the running game frustrating for any play caller...that's a situation where you're going to have to have the QB win the day. Its not like Gus can just will the running game to work bc that'd bail out the QB

How can you say that was not on Gus?  Yes Florida made 4 turnovers that gave us the opportunity to win-- but..  He went from a game plan against Ms state where he used all his backs, and QB'S IN NEW formations and blew out ( a weak) yes, i know- but blew out neverthelessMs state...back to Oregon where he put all the responsibility on Bo and  Boobie and refused to  use his speed and team he had because once again he had no confidence in himself or his players.   It cost us the game and Boobie

That is my opinion and i am still afraid he has not learned .. I hope i am wrong and he proves me an idiot

1 minute ago, lost said:

How can you say that was not on Gus?  Yes Florida made 4 turnovers that gave us the opportunity to win-- but..  He went from a game plan against Ms state where he used all his backs, and QB'S IN NEW formations and blew out ( a weak) yes, i know- but blew out neverthelessMs state...back to Oregon where he put all the responsibility on Bo and  Boobie and refused to  use his speed and team he had because once again he had no confidence in himself or his players.   It cost us the game and Boobie

Same ol story man. I was under the impression that any loss was on the head coach. UF was an awful game plan from the start. Very first play was stupid. I’m not blaming the true freshman qb in the swamp...I’m blaming the guy who was responsible for the game plan for the true freshman qb in the swamp. 

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Gus never comes out flat against Arkansas. This is his vendetta game. Remember a couple years ago when we beat a RANKED piggy team 56-3? This is personal, and we will stomp them Saturday.

I agree Arky is usually his best game because it makes him look good to the Arky folks, remember they were instrumental in getting Gus his 49 million pay day. Also it will be the place he goes when he leaves AU. Plus Gus usually wins after a bye week. That said if Gus lays an egg at Arky he might not make it thru the year. It would be likened to the UT loss last year that almost got him fired then. Believe or not Gus came close to being let go the week after the UT game people were that mad. But as I said I think he wins at Arky. Right now I’m afraid of a beat down a LSU though unless we make great progress. LSU is way better than UF and Death Valley is rarely good for us. 

Archived