stop the suffering, let's get rid of Tuberville

TigerJS

Or you can fire him and begin the suffering.

Just to play devils advocate.

You fire Tubberville at the end of the season.

1) Your gonna have to find a coach that will want the job. You start firing people for having the kind of seasons Tubberville is having then you aren't gonna have many people wanting the job. Remember people like Stoops and Davis have turned down the Auburn job. So there is no garuntee that your gonna get someone good to replace him.

2) Pretty much count on any player that is toying with the decesion of going pro doing it. You fire Tubberville players are not gonna stay when they can go pro. Brown and Carnell are gone for sure in this scenario. Don't forget that some players may want to transfer also.

3) Any commitments we have will rethink them, and any of the big ones that we might have on the line who will commit come Feb will more than likely go elsewhere.

4) Auburn has noone recruiting for them through the month of Dec and probably most of January. You have the worst recruiting class Auburn has had since the days of Bowden.

5) More than likely the new coach is gonna have to start working on making connections for recruiting, so you can pretty much figure on a drop in talent for about two years of recruiting classes.

6) There will probably be a total turnover in the coaching staff. You spend your spring learning a new offense (which is probably what is gonna happen anyway) and learning a new defense (which LSU is the only bad game they have had this year). Also you have players learning coach's and coach's learning players.

Then you don't even know if the new coaching staff will pull out a winning season.

Tubberville knows his offense is messed up and he knows its either Campbell (how many underthrown passes did he have tonight?) or Nall/Emsfinger. Neither of which he can fix until the season is over by either hiring new coordinators or recruiting a new QB with the intents of him taking the starting job.

Great post!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read some stats. They tell the case.

OM AU

First downs 17 16

Rushes-yards 37-84 33-158

Passing yards 218 231

Return yards 20 17

Passing 30-19-0 26-14-0

Punts-Average 7-43.4 5-46.4

In the SEC

#1 Scoring............Ole Miss............38.0

Tonight OM only 24

#1 Passing O.........Ole Miss............63.4% 309.0 YPG

Tonight 63% only 218 yards!!!!!!!!!!!

#5 Rushing O........Ole Miss.............168 YPG

Tonight only 84 yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Rushing D........Ole Miss............ 90 YPG

Tonight AU got 158 yards!!!!!!!!!!

#1 Total O............Ole Miss............ 477 YPG

Tonight only 302 yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11Total D...........Ole Miss............ 398 YPG

Tonoght we got 389 yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Sacks Allowed..Ole Miss............12 in 9 games

We got 4 tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Basically our kids out played, out muscled, out hustled, out performed OM all night.

We have the talent.

We have the cash.

We have the facilities and are upgrading them.

We have the fan support. Tonight was the loudest I have heard JHS in a long time. Really like AU support and the kids.

What we do not have in any abundance is Offensive coaching talent. The D played excellently. The O played well enough to win. The problem is not the execution. It is that when the braintrust goes to select a play in a special situation, thye usually hamper the athletic nature of the team.

Against LSU we had 6-7 passes for completion. not one for a first down! Folks that is horrible. Tonight the glaring stat is when we need crucial coaching input, we just inhale. We were only 3-10 in 3rd down conversions. :blink:

You can argue that the plays were there to win the game also. In the first half McIntyre has his man beat to the endzone and the pass is underthrown and the Ole Miss defender gets a hand on it. Think we settled for 3 right there. Then even the play to Obamanu for the long TD was underthrown. Then the potential game winner was on the money and dropped. I can name about 4 other passes that players went down on their knees to either catch or attempt to catch that they shouldnt have had to.

The D did play excellent and lets remember Tubbervilles (From the official AU University site) roots:

1980-84: Coached defensive ends and linebackers at Arkansas State University where the Indians advanced to the Division 1-AA Playoffs in 1984.

1986-93: Various capacities on defensive staff at University of Miami from graduate assistant to defensive coordinator (1993). The Hurricanes were 87-9, including a 55-0 mark at home, and won three national titles during his tenure there.

1994: Defensive Coordinator at Texas A&M where the Aggies finished with a 10-0-1 mark and were among national defensive leaders. (Emsfinger was the QB coach at ATM this year btw)

Sometimes its best to just let the coordinators do their job. Look at Solich at Nebraska, he was the offensive coordinator for Nebraska under Osbourne and they were juggernauts offensively. When he took the head coaching job though their offense started to struggle. This year he hired a OC and stays away from the offense totally. I think this is Nall, trying to run the offense and the line at the same time. Tubberville might keep his nose out of the offense cause its not his strong point, he is a defensive coach. Heck as a Texas fan I wish that Mack Brown would keep his nose out of the offense.

The players have to execute the plays, tonight we had two TD's that were there but the players didn't execute. We missed that field goal also. I gotta tag tonight on the players.

I do agree that we arent getting what we should out of the offense except in the running back department. Nall should just be OC with a new line coach or hire a new OC. WR and QB coach's need to be reevaluated.

I should know better than to check this board after a loss, the negativity is just horrible.  We had the chance to win the game, the pass was dropped, CTT can't catch it for him too.

Thank you.

There are at least two of use who agree.

Maybe it takes someone who faces death - an Army Ranger - to put things in perspective

...i'm with you tarheel, tommy can't make the kicks and catches too. but some fans think he should do everything, including being oc and dc. if a new oc or dc is needed at the end of the season, i'm certain he will make the right decision.

...as far as having great talent, i'm not certain because i've seen much better talent on many auburn teams in the past.

Please tell us just what can Tommy do? I would really like to know...what is his strong point besides his recruiting ability?....does he have his teams in the running for the NC? Does he have his teams WINNING the SEC? Enlighten us on his COACHING talents....

WDE!!

Karen :au:

KKsmith... I've been asking this for a least three years and the best anyone can offer is "well look at where he brought us from after "tater tot" and he runs a clean program."He can't do everything" is usually the peoples statement.He can't be the OC and the DC"they say" :rolleyes: .....BUT he's not even attempting to DO either one.WE need a head coach that will be the OC and the QB best friend that way when we do get and OC that's good they won't be running off after the first season and leave a confused QB.

Also Texan for Auburn I read your list of bad things that can happen if CTT is fired.Did you notice that all of your list was recruiting except one was about coaching.That's the frame of mind that we have stumbled upon.....I tell you right now if we actually hired a COACH with substance (NFL breed with a name) players will come and forget all about Tubs.Winning will make you forget the past.Auburn WILL rise again past the average with proper direction.

KKsmith... I've been asking this for a least three years and the best anyone can offer is "well look at where he brought us from after "tater tot" and he runs a clean program."He can't do everything" is usually the peoples statement.He can't be the OC and the DC"they say" :rolleyes: .....BUT he's not even attempting to DO either one.WE need a head coach that will be the OC and the QB best friend that way when we do get and OC that's good they won't be running off after the first season and leave a confused QB.

Also Texan for Auburn I read your list of bad things that can happen if CTT is fired.Did you notice that all of your list was recruiting except one was about coaching.That's the frame of mind that we have stumbled upon.....I tell you right now if we actually hired a COACH with substance (NFL breed with a name) players will come and forget all about Tubs.Winning will make you forget the past.Auburn WILL rise again past the average with proper direction.

A head coach shouldn't "try to do" either the OC or the DC job, that's micromanagement and it will prevent you from ever getting the types of OC's or DC's you need. What good OC or DC would come to a school that has the head coach doing the job for him? As for being the "best friend to the OC or QB - that doesn't work either. Petrino left because it was the right move for him, it has nothing to do with Auburn. People advance and need to be replaced, in this case Nall stepping into the OC position was a mistake.

The head coaches job is to manage the program as a whole - defense, special teams and offense. Most people seem to be pleased with the defensive effort, that falls under the HC as much as the offense does. The bottom line is the OC situation isn't working and that's where the adjustment needs to be made. CTT has proven he is willing to make adjustments at the coordinator level, and that's what needs to happen this year.

I am so sick of this. How can we lose to ole miss. That is just crazy. We have a lot more talent than ole miss. I don't know what we should do but if don't start winning a coaching change needs to be made.

WARR EAGLE

Ole Miss is a really good team TU21, that is how we lost to them. We played GREAT like David said. Just look at those stats. I was really proud of the way we played after that first drive by Ole Miss. But the thing that lost it for us was red zone play calling! THREE trips inside the 15 in the 4th quarter and only THREE points to show for it! That is not acceptable! I could not believe the play calling. Esp the last drive. I know that the play Tubs called worked to perfection other than the fact that Obo didn't catch the ball. But we should have never called that in the first place! We need THREE yards, and even less for a first down. Time was not an issue with a TO and 50 seconds to play. We could have done 2 QB sneaks and won! I feel just horrible for the whole team. They played their hearts out last night. I feel esp bad for Ben. No one wanted him to catch that more than he did. Just look at the pain in his eyes after he dropped it!

Because I can't predict what a new coach would do during the season. Thats why I can only say what will happen in the off season possibly. But if we do fire Tubberville then that stuff is gonna be what happens first before the new guy even takes the field. I'm not in the locker room or on the pratice field either or in the film rooms, so I can't tell you everything that Tubberville does.

People are assuming that every coach in the nation is gonna jump at the Auburn job, and that is far from the truth.

We might hire someone that wins the NC next year and then gets us the death penalty 3 years later.

We could hire someone that runs the program in the ground and goes 5-6 for the next 4 years.

We could hire someone that wins 10 games every year for the next 20.

Who knows.

I can't garuntee things will get worse if we fire Tubberville, but you cant garuntee me that they will get better either if we do.

We might have a situation in which no one of any real talent level wants to come to AU because they see us as perennial 8-4 team under Sir Lose-a-lot. Think about it. No one wilth real potential is going to want to come here because of CTTs record. How easy is it gong to be to recruit against CTT?

TigerJS is 100% right! Please remove TT from Auburn. Somebody needs to tell him to stop making excuses about poor execution. He is the reason for poor execution. Typical tactics of an over paid, under achieving coach. Send him packing.

Darn that Tuberville. I hate it . He actually told that kid to drop the BALL!

I am almost certain that DT & Karlos were told to miss tackles .

What a bad coach.

(Come on, get REAL ! ! ! ! !)

WarTim, Auburn should not have even been in that situation to begin with. Tell me something, why do we throw three times, inside the 5, when we have the running backs to run it in. Stupid play calling, that's coaching.

6-4 is as real as it gets. Those blow out losses CTT is famous for are real too. Trev Alberts talking about how we "FIND WAYS TO LOSE" is very real too. Enough reality for you? The disappointment with the season and staff is very real. Losing to a very bad GT team is as real as it gets. Duke just laid 40 on them, we could only score 3.

Reality, not all its cracked up to be.

Then why don't we just fire Housel and Tuberville? 

Tuberville exactly makes Ron Zook look like a good coach and Florida fans want to get rid of him.  Tuberville squanders the talent he has and our administration and some of our fans are content with this joke.

You're an idiot. Do you even notice that everyone in the national media rips on UF fans for complaining about Zook? The fact is, Zook is a very good coach but the UF fans are so stubborn and idiotic that they don't know anything better to do than call for his head. TigerJS, maybe you should go be a UF fan... you'd fit in great.

I believe that there are much classier ways to request a new coach than going and anonymously spewing insults and threats all over a message board. Maybe you should look into a few of those.

I suppose you think we should "fire" Obomanu as well? If so, you're a bigger moron than I thought.

Archived