stop the suffering, let's get rid of Tuberville

TigerJS

This loss was diasappointing because we should have won it at the end. Our coaching was sub par yet once again but you have to admit we should have won it at the end. You can't totally blame the coaches for this one, but you can blame them for the extreme disappointment of this season. We are missing/have missed a golden opportunity. If we win out it will save a little face, but I realy don't see us beating uga.

It is a little disappointing to say the least to see the duke blue devils do something today that we could not do this season. Beat ga tech. They beat ga tech by more points than ga tech beat us. That is our coaching staff and our season in a nutshell.

THIS is a classy post expressing one's opinion on AU football.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TAR HEEL AT LEAST GET THE QUOTE IN CONTEXT. I was giving Kudos to the Rangers.I was pointing out to our Ranger friend their commitment to excellence. I believe we should all aspouse to championship standards. If you relish in losing I feel sorry for you.

I should know better than to check this board after a loss, the negativity is just horrible. We had the chance to win the game, the pass was dropped, CTT can't catch it for him too.

Even if he had caught it, and this was scored as a win, we would still all be wondering how we had to have a miracle comback to beat this team. This AU team was supposed to be one of the top 5 in the country, and ended up scoring 6 points with 4 trips inside the 20, against Ole Miss.

Ole Miss is good, and they have a great QB, but Auburn has goobs more talent on both sides of the ball, and especially in the trenches; it is quite normal for fans to question their coaching when the talent level is recognized by everyone as being fantastic, but the team is getting blown out, and not executing when it counts...

This game should have never come down to desperation passing on the last two plays. How bad do you think Cadillac wanted the ball when it's 3rd and 2 on the three yard line? What does Nall/Engsminger do? Pass! Then pass again! Sure there was a sure touchdown miss by Obomano. But you know the old saying about passing. One good and two bad. Carnell could have scored. With Johnson blocking, it was almost a sure thing. But the play calling failed us more than the missed catch. And Tuberville allowed it to happen. We could have gotten a first down inside the one and even had 4 more chances to score.

I'm totally disappointed with the coaching staff this year. For the amount of talent there is at AU, this is a total washout of a season. I don't know if it is Tuberville's fault, OC, or QB coach. The defense kept OM down enough to win. But play calling is etrocious. And that rest on the shoulders of the HC and the OC. But we have a third culprit in this mix, and that's Engsminger.

It's been said on this thread that if the coaching situation doesn't change before next year, there will be total disappointment from the fans. I'm not calling for Tuberville's job. But I am calling for a change in the OC/playcalling crew.

We've been embarrassed by USC, GT, and LSU, which in my opinion was a total lack of preparation. We've been beaten by a lesser team in OM, and Nall/Ensminger is the reason, IMO.

I love Auburn and will always pull for them, but something has got to change.

First as long as we are speaking of the Rangers allow me to point out one thing you failed to recogize. When you fail you get up, kick yourself in the butt, dig you heels in and go after it again - there is no whining, no excuses, period. When another Ranger fails you don't "fire" them, or try to kick them out, Sure, life gets unpleasant for those individuals, but as a Ranger I never wished or hoped individuals would quit or get "fired" you succeed or fail as a TEAM.

As for you jim, you can just forget about telling me to do anything. There is no "holeir than thou" routine - just b/c I don't whine and cry on internet forums doesn't mean there is any routine, I don't complain much about anything - you take the cards you are dealt, give it 100% - no matter how much those cards may suck, and take what little fulfillment you can out of the fact that you gave it all you had. If you would rather complain, go ahead.

As far as pulling for the Aggies - I don't thiknk so. I'll pull for my school regardless of what someone elighted as you has to say - just excuse me for not jumping on the gloom and doom bandwagon of pecimism.

Don't forget the time. A pass can do 3 things 2 could have been considered good in this situation.

First a toughdown would have been nice.

Second - an incomplete pass stopped the clock. We had no timeouts to do the same. In this case this is the second good thing. If we had been stopped one the run we would have been forced into a hurry up offense with only seconds left. A first would probably have done no good.

I really don't think the two passes could be called desperation. I would have preferred a naked bootleg.

First as long as we are speaking of the Rangers allow me to point out one thing you failed to recogize. When you fail you get up, kick yourself in the butt, dig you heels in and go after it again - there is no whining, no excuses, period. When another Ranger fails you don't "fire" them, or try to kick them out, Sure, life gets unpleasant for those individuals, but as a Ranger I never wished or hoped individuals would quit or get "fired" you succeed or fail as a TEAM.

I agree this is what the players should do. However, it is the coaches or officers or sargeants duty to analyze the failure and to prepare his players or troops for the next encounter. I feel like this is where our coaches fail. It should be that in the military or coaching, if there is a pattern of lack of preparedness then maybe you need to analyze the persons who are responsable for preparing the players or troops. No whinning, no excuses, just tactical analyzation.

We have two choices...

(1) Keep TT and settle for 8-4 (maybe) seasons:

(2) Get someone that knows what to do with the talent when they recruit it.

I pick #2 mainly because I would like to see Auburn win another NC before I die....and I just don't think TT has what it takes to make that happen. You can call that negative if you want to but with the talent he had this year and the results...well it kinda speaks for itself....It doesn't take a very smart person, or a person that has faced death, to figure that one out.....^_^

If I was a betting woman I would put money on TT being gone at the end of this season....guess we will see... :unsure:

WDE!!

Karen :au:

Thanks for the permission to complain and proving my point about being holier than thou This is a forum to where everyone has an opinion and YOU came on and diparaged opinions that differed with yours. If you love Tubberville and things are fine with you so be it.BUT don't get on your high horse with those that have a dissenting view.I always thought if you have a problem you find out what it is then you fix it.We have a problem and it needs fixing.

Thanks for the permission to complain and proving my point about being holier than thou This is a forum to where everyone has an opinion and YOU came on and diparaged opinions that differed with yours. If you love Tubberville and things are fine with you so be it.BUT don't get on your high horse with those that have a dissenting view.I always thought if you have a problem you find out what it is then you fix it.We have a problem and it needs fixing.

Wow guy.

Chill out.

As for you jim, you can just forget about telling me to do anything. There is no "holeir than thou" routine - just b/c I don't whine and cry on internet forums doesn't mean there is any routine, I don't complain much about anything - you take the cards you are dealt, give it 100% - no matter how much those cards may suck, and take what little fulfillment you can out of the fact that you gave it all you had. If you would rather complain, go ahead.

As far as pulling for the Aggies - I don't thiknk so. I'll pull for my school regardless of what someone elighted as you has to say - just excuse me for not jumping on the gloom and doom bandwagon of pecimism.

I bet there are very few Rangers that make 2 million a year. (Please don't compare TT to anybody that has served our country).....He would be a better coach if he had half the character our servicemen had...present company included...( I am a little partial, my dad was a Col in the Marines...) Be honest, how long do you think Auburn should give him???? I'd really like to know.

As for pulling for any other team...that would be stupid...out of the question...but I really don't like seeing our guys walk off the field after games they should have won...

WDE!!

Karen, I agree with alot of what you posted, especially the $2,000,000 a year part. Honeslty, I would say another season or two, depending on how this year turns out. Make no mistake, I am disappointed this year, and never said anything about being pleased or satisified. I really have no issue with people stating their opinions on why or why not CTT should be fired. But I will admit that I don't have a very high tolerance for what I consider "whining", which your post (and most in this thread) aren't. I am not saying I agree, but I don't have to in order to understand where you are comming from. I think it is safe to say we have the same goals / expectations at heart (a dominant AU football program), we just have differing opinions on how to get there.

deacon, it sounds as if your a bit unsecure of yourself, and need to settle down a bit - there really is more to life than college football. I am not on any "high horse" as you are so fond of saying - all I have said is that I am not into pointless whining and crying, if you are than so be it. I fully realize that people are different and I never said my stance is any better than yours.

Karen, I agree with alot of what you posted, especially the $2,000,000 a year part.  Honeslty, I would say another season or two, depending on how this year turns out.  Make no mistake, I am disappointed this year, and never said anything about being pleased or satisified.  I really have no issue with people stating their opinions on why or why not CTT should be fired.  But I will admit that I don't have a very high tolerance for what I consider "whining", which your post (and most in this thread) aren't.  I am not saying I agree, but I don't have to in order to understand where you are comming from.  I think it is safe to say we have the same goals / expectations at heart (a dominant AU football program), we just have differing opinions on how to get there.

deacon, it sounds as if your a bit unsecure of yourself, and need to settle down a bit - there really is more to life than college football.  I am not on any "high horse" as you are so fond of saying - all I have said is that I am not into pointless whining and crying, if you are than so be it.  I fully realize that people are different and I never said my stance is any better than yours.

Touche'

;)

WAR EAGLE!!

Here's MY question.....what does Tuberville do??? We want him to stay SOoooo bad(well I don't) but what does he do?

Does he talk to Jason Campbell while the game is going? Noooo.

Does he call plays(other than it's 4th down again let's go for it) Noooo.

The only thing I'm getting(from most people who want him to stay)... is he's a good recruiter and Hey look at where's he has taken us since Tater tot left(basically nowhere).Are we keeping him JUST because he's a good recruiter? and for stability reasons????That's it?.. :blink:

Don't forget: "He runs a clean program", "He is on a 5/6/7 year rebuilding plan"

Excuses... Where are all the Tubbys lovers tonight? I said last week that I would be here after this game. <_<

:au:

Well here's my take on it:

He had a heck of a lot of rebuilding to do since Tater left, and has done a pretty good job of getting the team back to a "respectable" level - granted 3 of our losses this year were quite ugly. And this has been the first year he's had with the team comprised totally of players he recruited. He has won some very big games as head coach, although he has lost some big ones as well. But, I would say the biggest reason I would like to see him get another year or two is due to the huge amounts of turnover he has had in his coaching staff. He made the right move in hiring Chizick and Petrnio ( I think everyone agrees with me on those two), but I also think he made a mistake in moving Nall to OC and letting Ensmiger call the plays as QB coach. First of all, I think Nall is a good O-line coach, but is not OC material. Ensmiger may be a good QB coach (honeslty don't know too much about him) but I think the OC has to call the plays, let the guy who develops the game plan execute the play calling. But, I also don't think you can replace an OC midseason, it's not like a coaching adjustment at halftime, so he has to ride out the season with what he has. I feel you give him this summer to make the necessary adjustments and see what next year brings. If it's not a significant improvement than who knows, maybe I'll be driving the fire CTT bandwagon. He had the right idea with wanting to stay with the system from last year, just made a poor decision on how to do it. I feel he should be given a chance to correct his mistake. Just my .02

He had a heck of a lot of rebuilding to do since Tater left, and has done a pretty good job of getting the team back to a "respectable" level -

He's winning the same amount as "tater did".He's losing at least 4 a year.Tater has a 11-0 season and a 9-1-1 season can Tommy match that?

Tommy is good for at least a 4 lost season, one or two of which WILL be a BLOWOUT.

He's dragging us down......he's the bandaid that we don't want to pull off....but if we just do it quickly it will all be over with.

He had a heck of a lot of rebuilding to do since Tater left, and has done a pretty good job of getting the team back to a "respectable" level - granted 3 of our losses this year were quite ugly. And this has been the first year he's had with the team comprised totally of players he recruited. He has won some very big games as head coach, although he has lost some big ones as well. But, I would say the biggest reason I would like to see him get another year or two is due to the huge amounts of turnover he has had in his coaching staff. He made the right move in hiring Chizick and Petrnio ( I think everyone agrees with me on those two), but I also think he made a mistake in moving Nall to OC and letting Ensmiger call the plays as QB coach. First of all, I think Nall is a good O-line coach, but is not OC material. Ensmiger may be a good QB coach (honeslty don't know too much about him) but I think the OC has to call the plays, let the guy who develops the game plan execute the play calling. But, I also don't think you can replace an OC midseason, it's not like a coaching adjustment at halftime, so he has to ride out the season with what he has. I feel you give him this summer to make the necessary adjustments and see what next year brings. If it's not a significant improvement than who knows, maybe I'll be driving the fire CTT bandwagon. He had the right idea with wanting to stay with the system from last year, just made a poor decision on how to do it. I feel he should be given a chance to correct his mistake. Just my .02

In that whole little speech there, I didn't see ONE reason why you think he should be given another chance besides.. "I feel he should be given a chance to correct his mistake."

My two cents:

1) Whooa, People, it's is, in the end, only a game...but tempers tonight will probably be cooler in the morning.

2) I wouldn't be as embarrassed about the season if we had looked even nearly as close in the USC, GaTech, and LSU losses as we looked tonight

3) Our defense (and it's coaches) still looks good to me if we had the offensive output to match--not perfect, but more than adequate if the offense holds up its end

4) Whether CTT is the coach for the future I don't know, but the "talent he squanders" is more talent than Tater Tot ever recruited

5) I 've been glad we haven't had the coaching search headaches that SPUAT has had, but I would like to be more optimistic about our future

and

5) I don't know nearly enough about football myself to pick a head coach, so I'm glad I'm not the one to have to make those decisions.

In that whole little speech there, I didn't see ONE reason why you think he should be given another chance besides.. "I feel he should be given a chance to correct his mistake."

What other types of reasons are you looking for? I feel he made a mistake in moving Nall to OC, especially while keeping him as the O-line coach at the same time. I also feel that it is not possible to correct that mistake during the season and would like to see how he corrects it. Is that simple enough for you?

Yeah, thanks.. much better because I need it simplified for me. :roll:

I'm personally not looking for any reasons. I wasn't the one asking the question. Just pointing out that out of all you said, you came up with one.

I have no idea if CTT is the problem, but I do think we were on to something with Petrino. CTT seems to be more geared to the defensive side of the game, so we NEED an offensive genious at OC to make up for CTT's short comings.

Or you can fire him and begin the suffering.

Just to play devils advocate.

You fire Tubberville at the end of the season.

1) Your gonna have to find a coach that will want the job. You start firing people for having the kind of seasons Tubberville is having then you aren't gonna have many people wanting the job. Remember people like Stoops and Davis have turned down the Auburn job. So there is no garuntee that your gonna get someone good to replace him.

2) Pretty much count on any player that is toying with the decesion of going pro doing it. You fire Tubberville players are not gonna stay when they can go pro. Brown and Carnell are gone for sure in this scenario. Don't forget that some players may want to transfer also.

3) Any commitments we have will rethink them, and any of the big ones that we might have on the line who will commit come Feb will more than likely go elsewhere.

4) Auburn has noone recruiting for them through the month of Dec and probably most of January. You have the worst recruiting class Auburn has had since the days of Bowden.

5) More than likely the new coach is gonna have to start working on making connections for recruiting, so you can pretty much figure on a drop in talent for about two years of recruiting classes.

6) There will probably be a total turnover in the coaching staff. You spend your spring learning a new offense (which is probably what is gonna happen anyway) and learning a new defense (which LSU is the only bad game they have had this year). Also you have players learning coach's and coach's learning players.

Then you don't even know if the new coaching staff will pull out a winning season.

Tubberville knows his offense is messed up and he knows its either Campbell (how many underthrown passes did he have tonight?) or Nall/Emsfinger. Neither of which he can fix until the season is over by either hiring new coordinators or recruiting a new QB with the intents of him taking the starting job.

Archived