Unconstitutional Corruption in plain sight

TexasTiger

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OPINION 

Does this mean that only career politicians with no private sector experience will be allowed to run for President?

34 minutes ago, AFTiger said:

OPINION 

Does this mean that only career politicians with no private sector experience will be allowed to run for President?

Logic doesn’t dictate that at all. Not even remotely. It doesn’t even reasonably prompt that question.

53 minutes ago, AFTiger said:

OPINION 

That may be the dumbest question I've ever seen posed on this website.

You can certainly be a business person and be President.  Nothing wrong with it.

You should not, however, use the Presidency to drive profits to your own businesses.  He could have chosen a ton of places for the G7 that he doesn't own/have a business interest in.  Do that and then there's literally no problem here.  Instead he's using his office to drive dollars from other countries into his personal bank account.  It's a gross misuse of power if it comes to fruition.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

That may be the dumbest question I've ever seen posed on this website.

You can certainly be a business person and be President.  Nothing wrong with it.

You should not, however, use the Presidency to drive profits to your own businesses.  He could have chosen a ton of places for the G7 that he doesn't own/have a business interest in.  Do that and then there's literally no problem here.  Instead he's using his office to drive dollars from other countries into his personal bank account.  It's a gross misuse of power if it comes to fruition.

How do you know the event will be profitable? Trump could host it for break even or free for all you know. He's not taking any salary as Pres.

13 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

How do you know the event will be profitable? Trump could host it for break even or free for all you know. He's not taking any salary as Pres.

Do you realize how many people travel with heads of state?  Security personnel, advisors, etc.  Now add on costs for food, rooms, meeting room charges, and on and on.  The hotel will make a mint from the event.

Also, him not taking his salary is a choice that has zero to do with this issue and is the very definition of a red herring argument.

17 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Do you realize how many people travel with heads of state?  Security personnel, advisors, etc.  Now add on costs for food, rooms, meeting room charges, and on and on.  The hotel will make a mint from the event.

Also, him not taking his salary is a choice that has zero to do with this issue and is the very definition of a red herring argument.

Not to mention the free advertising.

38 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

Trump could host it for break even or free for all you know

Which usually results in a loss. Probably saving everyone a lot of money in the end. As far as advertising the Trump brand....already saturated. He can't help that.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Again I say you don't know how much anyone will be charged and you certainly don't know if the hotel will make anything. your opinion is OK but you don't know anything for a fact. If so tell us what you KNOW.

24 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

Again I say you don't know how much anyone will be charged and you certainly don't know if the hotel will make anything. your opinion is OK but you don't know anything for a fact. If so tell us what you KNOW.

You’re the Queen of Irrelevant points.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Which usually results in a loss. Probably saving everyone a lot of money in the end. As far as advertising the Trump brand....already saturated. He can't help that.

You’re the king of BS rationalizations.

34 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

I KNOW what the Constitution says. I KNOW you don’t care about what the Constitution says.

17 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

Here's what I know about luxury resorts and prices.

- A meeting room we used for 3 days at a high end hotel in L.A. cost our company $50K.  That was just for the privilege of using the room and a conference table.

- The 55" TV rental for 3 days to show videos/presentations was nearly $3,000.  

- A box of food that included a crappy sandwich, chips, and a cookie cost $52 per person.

- Water bottles were $6 each.  Cokes were $7.

I can go on, but this is just one example of how luxury resorts charge.  It's also not the only one I've ever coordinated/priced, so I'm not speaking out of my ass here.

Also, I know this is in the Constitution:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

And if you need help, the definition of an emolument is below:

the returns arising from office or employment usually in the form of compensation or perquisites

One other thing I know.  In just four trips to Mara Lago, the American government spent about $3M on food, lodging, and incidentals.  That doesn't include the other Trump owned properties where he goes to and spends our money or the numerous other trips to Mara Lago that have been taken.  We as tax payers are already lining his coffers and now he's using his office to do it with foreign governments.  But why does any of this matter if he's not taking a $400K per year salary, right?  🙄

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/05/691684859/government-watchdog-trumps-trips-to-florida-costing-taxpayers-millions

Honestly, the lengths some of you will go to in order to defend/justify this stuff is beyond amazing.  I'm almost jealous of your ability to be so blissfully ignorant.  If you really believe the resort would lose money by hosting the G7, then I've got a fantastic investment deal to share with you that the Royal family of Saudi Arabia emailed me about.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

I KNOW what the Constitution says. I KNOW you don’t care about what the Constitution says.

Oh please Counsel tell me what the constitution says about the subject topic.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Here's what I know about luxury resorts and prices.

- A meeting room we used for 3 days at a high end hotel in L.A. cost our company $50K.  That was just for the privilege of using the room and a conference table.

- The 55" TV rental for 3 days to show videos/presentations was nearly $3,000.  

- A box of food that included a crappy sandwich, chips, and a cookie cost $52 per person.

- Water bottles were $6 each.  Cokes were $7.

I can go on, but this is just one example of how luxury resorts charge.  It's also not the only one I've ever coordinated/priced, so I'm not speaking out of my ass here.

Also, I know this is in the Constitution:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

And if you need help, the definition of an emolument is below:

the returns arising from office or employment usually in the form of compensation or perquisites

One other thing I know.  In just four trips to Mara Lago, the American government spent about $3M on food, lodging, and incidentals.  That doesn't include the other Trump owned properties where he goes to and spends our money or the numerous other trips to Mara Lago that have been taken.  We as tax payers are already lining his coffers and now he's using his office to do it with foreign governments.  But why does any of this matter if he's not taking a $400K per year salary, right?  🙄

https://www.npr.org/2019/02/05/691684859/government-watchdog-trumps-trips-to-florida-costing-taxpayers-millions

Honestly, the lengths some of you will go to in order to defend/justify this stuff is beyond amazing.  I'm almost jealous of your ability to be so blissfully ignorant.  If you really believe the resort would lose money by hosting the G7, then I've got a fantastic investment deal to share with you that the Royal family of Saudi Arabia emailed me about.

NOTHING here says the hotel HAS to charge ANYTHING if the owner(s) and management decide not to. If there is anything illegal here I'm sure someone will take it to court.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

Oh please Counsel tell me what the constitution says about the subject topic.

Watch the video in the OP. It’s from Fox— you can do this.

10 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

NOTHING here says the hotel HAS to charge ANYTHING if the owner(s) and management decide not to. If there is anything illegal here I'm sure someone will take it to court.

Um, Sue, I'm just taking a shot in the dark here and saying you've never sold a damn thing to the government.  I have.  The amount of things you can't do for a government official are off the charts.  For example, I, as an owner of a company, can't just send my Congressman a new car even though I'm choosing to give it away to him.  Even though I'm ok with it as an owner, the law sees it as a bribe.

The hotel legally can't give the rooms/space away for free.  Now, the government could take bids from properties, but it can't be free.

8 minutes ago, Tiger Sue said:

So maybe someone will test this in court.

There's no need to test in court when laws against it already exist.

Archived