Arkansas post game

Maverick.AU

1 hour ago, creed said:

I've never heard or read that, are you serious?

Been talked about a lot. Serious & originated on AUF from WDE as well as reliable insiders on the Bunker. Read these recents posts that may interest you from the OL thread on the recruiting forum.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Falling asleep during  a visit to a recruits house never helps.

No freakin' way. When did that happen?

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

He was told who he could and couldn't offer

And had not been allowed to give any input on OL evals. Same with Hand when he was here.

11 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Whoever it is responsible for the situation I think is a mastermind. We have had classes were we haven’t even recruited the position. Genius. That’s high school mentality. You have to recruit top linemen on both side in the SEC every year or you will erode the program like we are watching happen imo on the offensive side.

We try to recruit them Gus just didn't have any plan Bs he was willing to take after missing on plan As. That's why we had classes in the past of only 1 or 2 OL in it.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We try to recruit them Gus just didn't have any plan Bs he was willing to take after missing on plan As. That's why we had classes in the past of only 1 or 2 OL in it.

Ya.... that’ll kill a program. But the good news is who ever takes over after Gus will have plenty of “gadget” players to work with

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And had not been allowed to give any input on OL evals. Same with Hand when he was here.

That’s just crazy. No way to spin that. 

I head to the board to read, after an expected easy win,  something positive instead of the constant downer posts; but no off weeks on that. Lol. I’m not very optimistic about next week, so I guess I should really plan to lay low😊.

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

All the guys you mention are different...they are not interchangeable.  Saw several plays where Boobee would have made some yards when two of the other backs went down quickly with no YAC.    

Glad that all of them got time on the field but to me at least...DJ is the only one who is pretty direct sub for Boobee.  Gonna miss Boobee but if DJ stays healthy, I think he does a good job of covering the loss.    Likely not to be the same running game with the other guys on the field and third and short is the spot where we need a better solution with Boobee not able to do the wildcat.  . 

And it’s unfortunate that these different backs can never be complimentary under his current system. That’s why SOMEONE has to disappear and get their touches removed against good teams. And when you think about who’s skill set + “role” is the easiest to drop in Gus’s eyes...that’s why Shivers always is first to go. Gus doesn’t pass out the backfield, doesn’t look at him as his preferred off tackle runner, doesn’t use him in the slot for sweeps, and all of those options are how Gus would maximize that type of player 

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

And it’s unfortunate that these different backs can never be complimentary under his current system. That’s why SOMEONE has to disappear and get their touches removed against good teams. And when you think about who’s skill set + “role” is the easiest to drop in Gus’s eyes...that’s why Shivers always is first to go. Gus doesn’t pass out the backfield, doesn’t look at him as his preferred off tackle runner, doesn’t use him in the slot for sweeps, and all of those options are how Gus would maximize that type of player 

There are only X numbers of carries in a game by RBs, especially when the QB runs and the team runs the sweep a few times. ….SO , the best all round back is gonna get the most carries, followed by BO/JG.... and other backs get mostly token carries where they particular abilities and versatility works well. 

JMO but that is pretty much the way it goes in college football.   Just go on line and look at box scores and you will see that for about every team,  there is one RB who gets about 2/3rd of the carries and another who gets most of the rest. ..unless you look at Wisky where Taylor gets 28 and next guy gets 4.   

1 hour ago, WalkingCarpet said:

No freakin' way. When did that happen?

I'm not gonna say who the recruit was. Others know of this though.

46 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I head to the board to read, after an expected easy win,  something positive instead of the constant downer posts; but no off weeks on that. Lol. I’m not very optimistic about next week, so I guess I should really plan to lay low😊.

I enjoyed the expanded routes Schwartz was allowed to run. I was also impressed with the blocking by the 2nd string OL.

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I enjoyed the expanded routes Schwartz was allowed to run. I was also impressed with the blocking by the 2nd string OL.

Score was nice too. 

Grimes just thought the kid valued his naps. And all this talk about Kodi and Dilly being able to relate to recruits and this is how everyone acts when Grimes is getting after it on the trail???? 

17 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Yea I was happy for my friend. I almost bested him two years later by seeing  in person Roy Scheider at a local nightspot who was in town filming... Jaws 2

I was like 7 or 8 years old and I remember seeing one of the mechanical Sharks in the back of a truck at the old Holiday Inn in Navarre beach where they also filmed that indoor Scene by the indoor pool...

1 hour ago, Percolator said:

Grimes fell asleep while in a recruit's home? No way that happened! 😊 Wow! How do you come back from something like that? lol

It happened. I don't remember which recruit. Maybe @WarDamnEagleWDE does...

16 minutes ago, Tiger said:

this is how everyone acts when Grimes is getting after it on the trail????

Grimes isn't getting after it on the trail. Dilly did & Grimes helped when he could.

1 hour ago, Percolator said:

Grimes fell asleep while in a recruit's home? No way that happened! 😊 Wow! How do you come back from something like that? lol

So.... do you wake him up or not...

clear your throat loudly... give him a nudge... set off an alarm ?? Draw something funny on his face with a Sharpie?? 

What DO you do... awkward.

2 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Next week is a huge game, which Gus hasn't won since 2017. If we beat LSwho I will pump so much sunshine up Gus' butt, he will flippin glow.

10 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:
2 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Next week is a huge game, which Gus hasn't won since 2017. If we beat LSwho I will pump so much sunshine up Gus' butt, he will flippin glow.

There ya go...

Beating up inept Arkansas, still having head-scratching issues that should no longer be the case along the way, after Offensive ineptitude in losing to Florida the previous game is not going to overly impress discerning fans who are not simply "Rah-Rah! We're gonna win cuz we're Auburn" type fans.  Nice win? Sure. But unless we're Ole Miss or MSU fans, it's nothing to get TOO excited over knowing LSU is next.

Unfortunately, if we want our beloved Tigers to be feared, respected, ALWAYS contending for SEC Titles, then we're not going to be super impressed by defeating doormats year after year while losing to the big 3 year after year (which is practically the case).

Now, if Auburn defeats LSU, in Baton Rouge, with the current state of SEC Officiating?  THAT is the kind of game that you take the "W" no matter what.  It would be highly celebrated, even by some of the harsher critics,  I predict.

However, in a doormat game, HOW the team looks is very important in determining how you think they'll do against upcoming genuine competition.  It's simply analysis & discussion...no malice intended by most of us.  Just wanting our beloved Tigers to be the best they can be.

Objectively, it's not "trashing" the team, or the players, or even Gus.  It's using our football IQs to prepare ourselves for what to expect going forward....good & bad.

35 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

There ya go...

Beating up inept Arkansas, still having head-scratching issues that should no longer be the case along the way, after Offensive ineptitude in losing to Florida the previous game is not going to overly impress discerning fans who are not simply "Rah-Rah! We're gonna win cuz we're Auburn" type fans.  Nice win? Sure. But unless we're Ole Miss or MSU fans, it's nothing to get TOO excited over knowing LSU is next.

Unfortunately, if we want our beloved Tigers to be feared, respected, ALWAYS contending for SEC Titles, then we're not going to be super impressed by defeating doormats year after year while losing to the big 3 year after year (which is practically the case).

Now, if Auburn defeats LSU, in Baton Rouge, with the current state of SEC Officiating?  THAT is the kind of game that you take the "W" no matter what.  It would be highly celebrated, even by some of the harsher critics,  I predict.

However, in a doormat game, HOW the team looks is very important in determining how you think they'll do against upcoming genuine competition.  It's simply analysis & discussion...no malice intended by most of us.  Just wanting our beloved Tigers to be the best they can be.

Objectively, it's not "trashing" the team, or the players, or even Gus.  It's using our football IQs to prepare ourselves for what to expect going forward....good & bad.

Thank you. My sentiments exactly. If some on here want to have a we beat a pitiful Arky team by 41, then more power to them. So far this season we are 1&1 in big time games. ATM has turned out to be an average team so that win can't count as a big win. If we are ever going to get into that elite category with Bama, Clemson, Ohio state, Oklahoma (the usual suspects every year), we have got to set our sights higher than clobbering Arkansas, etc. We committed to pay our coach an elite salary, he has had 7 years to work out all his shortcomings, and now we must demand adequate results (10 win or better, not 8-5 or 7-6 year after year.) To whom much is given, much is required. We have given Gus much, now we must require much. This is not Gus hating; this is being practical.

Oh all misunderstand. I was not saying we should be jumping up and down. Just maybe neutral. And I was actually joking. I don’t post much bc don’t have the actual football knowledge most do. I have no expectations for the LSU game. I personally do not think anyone is going to beat LSU....I heard this morning a sports analyst say Burrow may end up being the best QB to ever come out of the SEC. I see we are a 12 point underdog. That pretty much says it all. For me, it’s easier when my expectations are low. 

Archived