Arkansas post game

Maverick.AU

6 minutes ago, gulftiger66 said:

With no TV I tried to track the game on the game thread.  I couldn't make it through the 2nd quarter due to the naysayers so I just checked the score every 10 minutes.  I also taped the game so I can watch when we get home next week.

You still have a vcr?  🥴

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

No. He is right. I am trying  very hard to be in the middle of the "camps." There is snark all over your initial post plus your reply. You could have been fair and replicated the stereotypical sunshine pumpers' exaggerated comments or interpretation of the truth as well, but I noticed immediately that you didn't. This kind of response makes it impossible for most to enjoy a resounding win, no matter how many "trophies, likes, loves, and ha has" you get. Carry on.

P.S. NO ONE HERE "HATES" GUS. Nice try.

Do yourself a favor and Google:  “Sense of humor”

After you accomplish that Google task, check how many “trophies, likes, loves, and ha ha” you get.

6 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Do yourself a favor and Google:  “Sense of humor”

After you accomplish that Google task, check how many “trophies, likes, loves, and ha ha” you get.

Alexa, Where can this man get the How not to be a a**hole for dummies books?

1 hour ago, hutchids said:

Congratulations to all the Auburn kickers who were part of the NCAA record 304 consecutive made extra points. Nice to see Auburn set the NCAA record in something, even if it is as insignificant as made extra points. For all the let downs Gus has had, at least he has led Auburn to a couple records along the way.

So you got off to a great start congratulating our kickers, but then you just couldn’t help but slam-on Gus in the process!

Lol, just lol!!

59 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

It is not.

I beg to differ. I remember a couple games ago he was clutching his right(?) Elbow after a game. I believe it was the Miss St game. I don't think he is 100% healthy but what do I know. I am just going on what I presumed to see.

1 minute ago, tbone4jc said:

I beg to differ. I remember a couple games ago he was clutching his right(?) Elbow after a game. I believe it was the Miss St game. I don't think he is 100% healthy but what do I know. I am just going on what I presumed to see.

I mean we can debate if anyone is 100% healthy this time of year.  

The fact that a guy trying to bully is passive aggressive will always be hilarious to me.

It's a freaking football board, it's a shame that you will get attacked when you actually try to talk football

2 hours ago, tbone1430 said:

Wasn’t able to watch the game due to work but end score looks good. Did we look ok overall? 

Defense yes. Offense no. Same story. Play like we did today on O against LSU and chalk up an easy L.

2 hours ago, doverstutts said:

Derrick Brown is the best DL to ever put on an AU uniform................period.....NFL teams are nuts if he isn't the 1st pick in the draft

I would prefer he NOT end up in Miami. Let them take Tua and he can deal with that dumpster fire. 

The double team by the LT and LG and the climb to the MLB by Brahms on Joiner's TD was beautiful. Some of the best run blocking I've seen this year.

1 hour ago, autan said:

Had to burn a timeout to come up with that brilliant play call.  Priority #1 this week.  Figure out how we can make 3rd (or4th) and short against LSU.

I’m sure others have said this, but for the life of me I can’t understand why we don’t use Gatewood more on 3rd or 4th and a yard. He’s big enough that he could just fall forward and pick up a yard. 

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The double team by the LT and LG and the climb to the MLB by Brahms on Joiner's TD was beautiful. Some of the best run blocking I've seen this year.

HJ needs more touches.

And you should expect such great second level blocking, after all we have 5 seniors . . . Oh, wait, never mind 😎

Arkansas' football program is such hot garbage right now, I didn't even have the heart to go over to Hogville and post anything.  They know.  No need to be cruel.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Arkansas' football program is such hot garbage right now, I didn't even have the heart to go over to Hogville and post anything.  They know.  No need to be cruel.

This is their new normal. They just do not have the recruiting base to ever get back to where Petrino had them. Now they won't always be THIS bad. But their ceiling is like 6-7 wins going forward.

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Start em both

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

This is their new normal. They just do not have the recruiting base to ever get back to where Petrino had them. Now they won't always be THIS bad. But their ceiling is like 6-7 wins going forward.

Growing up, Arkansas was always a perennial top 10-15 program.  They were always in the mix for the Southwest Conference title, won several, and sometimes competed for national title consideration.  It's so strange to see them be this bad.  

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Growing up, Arkansas was always a perennial top 10-15 program.  They were always in the mix for the Southwest Conference title, won several, and sometimes competed for national title consideration.  It's so strange to see them be this bad.  

Same for me growing up when I was in high school and college. Houston Nutt and Bobby Petrino gave us all kind of problems and fits. Bobby Hill looking Burt really blew up the whole program and it is going to take several years to recover.

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I was thinking of posting something like "...and THAT is how sausage is made." ;) 

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Give it time. Everything is cyclical.

Archived