Arkansas post game

Maverick.AU

This was a very good win for us. Went vanilla again but the 2nd half we opened up a bit more. I really want to see more of Harold Joiner and DJ Williams. 

Tough test next week but I feel really good about our chances of pulling this one out. This was a good confidence building game for Bo but has got to protect the football. He is averaging 1 turnover per game which is way too much. I feel good about this team winning 3 or 4 of the next 5 games. 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Give it time. Everything is cyclical.

I do not think so. People said that about a much better program in Rocky Top and look how that has turned out. And I do not see that changing anytime either as well.

Gus is now 6-1 against Arkansas as Auburn's head coach.  Lone loss was 54-46 in 4OT in 2015.  The average score in those seven games is Auburn 46 Arkansas 18.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Gus is now 6-1 against Arkansas as Auburn's head coach.  Lone loss was 54-46 in 4OT in 2015.  The average score in those seven games is Auburn 46 Arkansas 18.

They might want to buy   his contract just so they don't have to play him any more.....:)

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Seeing #5 playing the flanker position was the best thing offensively in this game.

Throwing to him across the middle and on out routes was good too. He’s a deep threat but diversifying his routes is a good plan. I hate we didn’t get Eli Stove the ball though. Still I can’t complain with the game plan. 

I know Bert was a bad fit and set them back but man, Arkansas is bad. It was nice to see Joiner and DJ get reps but I'm afraid they're going to disappear again next week. Two guys who can move the pile is exactly what we need against LSU. 

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I know Bert was a bad fit and set them back but man, Arkansas is bad. It was nice to see Joiner and DJ get reps but I'm afraid they're going to disappear again next week. Two guys who can move the pile is exactly what we need against LSU. 

I mean DJ quite literally cant. What he brings to the table Kam and Shivers cant do. Shivers and Joiner disappear? Yeah certainly. They're unique talents that cant just be thrown up the middle so I doubt Gus will use them as much

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

Throwing to him across the middle and on out routes was good too. He’s a deep threat but diversifying his routes is a good plan. I hate we didn’t get Eli Stove the ball though. Still I can’t complain with the game plan. 

the worst part is Eli Stove looked like he was improving so much as a real WR before the injured guys started coming back. Just nothing he can do with the one read plays and Seth/Schwartz usually being in good position more often than not

9 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I fear that today we probably got another false sense of hope that our running game is in good shape. Arky is a very bad team and we just had better players is why we succeeded. And yes I am convinced DJ and HJ are our backs of the future. LSU, UGA, and Bama will stack the box against us to shut our run down and Gus will have to come up with a pass game that will beat them. If he doesn't we can forget it. We will not get blown out bc of our D. Let's put it on Gus' shoulders and see if the same ole Gus shows up, or if the light bulb finally goes off in a big game. AsPat Dye used to say: "the hay is in the barn".

22 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean DJ quite literally cant. What he brings to the table Kam and Shivers cant do. Shivers and Joiner disappear? Yeah certainly. They're unique talents that cant just be thrown up the middle so I doubt Gus will use them as much

I don’t even think Shivers will disappear. Joiner? Maybe, but DJ will obviously get more carries but I think Shivers will get a few more next game too. I mean did Kam even have a carry in the 2nd half?

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Well hmm...  Gus HAS been known to "flip the switch" in GOOD ways (both thUga 1.0 & bammer in '17) and BAD ways (LSU '17 & bammer '18) but I don't remember him ever admitting to this.  Not sure if that's good or bad. :dunno:

He means flip the switch from celebrating today's win to prepping for LSU. He needs to flip the hell outta that thing because Oregeron is Gus' daddy

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Alexa, Where can this man get the How not to be a a**hole for dummies books?

Best of luck to you at your counseling appointment this week. I hope you get the meds you’re seeking.

4 minutes ago, Tiger said:

He means flip the switch from celebrating today's win to prepping for LSU. He needs to flip the hell outta that thing because Oregeron is Gus' daddy

check your PM fam!!!! WOOOOO!!!! LETS GO BRODIE!!! lol

I need an expert to explain to me why Kim is better than Brahms?  I’m open to reason but the main thing holding the offense back is the center.  Get a good push up the middle and the ground game can take off.

Just now, Win4AU said:

I need an expert to explain to me why Kim is better than Brahms?  I’m open to reason but the main thing holding the offense back is the center.  Get a good push up the middle and the ground game can take off.

I know, right!?!?

I mean Kim's my Mancrush.....but I'm ready for an annulment.

7 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Best of luck to you at your counseling appointment this week. I hope you get the meds you’re seeking.

giphy-2.gif

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

giphy-2.gif

So, he's the guy from "The Hills Have Eyes"?

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

giphy-2.gif

Lol, this guy is the living Mask.

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Do yourself a favor and Google:  “Sense of humor”

After you accomplish that Google task, check how many “trophies, likes, loves, and ha ha” you get.

You're not known in the posts I have read where humor is concerned.  Our personalities come through plain and simple.  Personally, I think I let some of my claws show in my response to you, which, though Tora is Japanese for TIGER, is not typical of me.  But desperate times call for desperate measures.  Timing is everything.  Your post showed its true colors for anyone with eyes and a memory to see.

4 hours ago, doverstutts said:

Derrick Brown is the best DL to ever put on an AU uniform................period.....NFL teams are nuts if he isn't the 1st pick in the draft

How young are you?

33 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

His snaps are all over the place too which hasn't been mentioned nearly enough around here

Side note, I don’t think we hit the 1,000 yard mark for a rusher this year 

Archived