Arkansas post game

Maverick.AU

Well on the bright side MSU did a decent job containing LSU and the Tigeuxs struggled mightily in the red zone converting touchdowns. We just can’t give up the big play. Two games in a row we’ve given up a slant down the middle for a big touchdown. Both times with Britt in a mismatch.

Their defense is hard to read. They gave up a lot of QB scrambled and have given up bundles of points at times this year. But they looked like a shut down D tonight.

Georgia has looked awful against Kentucky. I think we might actually be favored in that game.

Alabama is a tough matchup for us. We have to pressure Tua. They have 3 receivers that might torch our secondary. 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Auskip said:

There’s a new Midway movie coming out. When? I’ve watched the old one so many times that my wife says she has it memorized just from the times she’s walked by when I’ve had it on.

BTW there is a debate among historians regarding that famous Yamamoto quote. As I understand it the consensus is that he never actually said it although it does accurately capture his opinion regarding fighting the US.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=AwrCwoiOr6tddUQAyBIPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=new+midway+movie&fr=yhs-itm-001&hspart=itm&hsimp=yhs-001#id=2&vid=ddb09dfeaa55e0642462a9969b8d4fa0&action=view

2 minutes ago, Auskip said:

There’s a new Midway movie coming out. When? I’ve watched the old one so many times that my wife says she has it memorized just from the times she’s walked by when I’ve had it on.

BTW there is a debate among historians regarding that famous Yamamoto quote. As I understand it the consensus is that he never actually said it although it does accurately capture his opinion regarding fighting the US.

1 minute ago, Auskip said:

He definitely didn’t agree with the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor from what I’ve read, particularly with their ambassador active in Washington right up until the attack

40 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Scared of the new Midway. Old one is a classic, if they Hollywood it up like they tried to do with Pearl Harbor blah.

Midway:  in spring 1975 I got a call from a friend one block away. "You'll never guess who is visiting at my house!" It was Charlton Heston. He was in town filming scenes for Midway. The town was Pensacola.

1 minute ago, ChltteTiger said:

Midway:  in spring 1975 I got a call from a friend one block away. "You'll never guess who is visiting at my house!" It was Charlton Heston. He was in town filming scenes for Midway. The town was Pensacola.

WOW!  That would have been so cool! 

59 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

You're not known in the posts I have read where humor is concerned.  Our personalities come through plain and simple.  Personally, I think I let some of my claws show in my response to you, which, though Tora is Japanese for TIGER, is not typical of me.  But desperate times call for desperate measures.  Timing is everything.  Your post showed its true colors for anyone with eyes and a memory to see.

Tora was the Japanese code word indicating that complete surprise had been attained. It is actually an abbreviation of "totsugeki raigeki" (突 撃雷撃) which means “lightning attack.” " ToraToraTora!"

Thus the Pearl Harbor attack which the commanding pilot commended over the radio Tora, Tora, Tora, as they attacked Pearl Harbor. OK

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

WOW!  That would have been so cool! 

Yea I was happy for my friend. I almost bested him two years later by seeing  in person Roy Scheider at a local nightspot who was in town filming... Jaws 2

4 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

wow

2 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Yea I was happy for my friend. I almost bested him two years later by seeing  in personRoy Scheider at a local nightspot who was in town filming... Jaws 2

Now I'm a fan of Roy but he's not close to Heston status imo

2 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

Yea I was happy for my friend. I almost bested him two years later by seeing  in person Roy Scheider at a local nightspot who was in town filming... Jaws 2

Not just Jaws.....but JAWS 2!  Love almost ALL the Jaws movies... :bow:

Yeah, I can imagine Scheider at a nightspot.  Seemed like a guy who enjoyed good time.

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Not just Jaws.....but JAWS 2!  Love almost ALL the Jaws movies... :bow:

Yeah, I can imagine Scheider at a nightspot.  Seemed like a guy who enjoyed good time.

Its showtime

Solid win.  Never felt it would be an issue wasting the Hogs.  The big boys coming up is where Gus has to earn his massive paycheck. 

5 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Great bounce back, was frustrating at times but good W. Going into next week, DJ, Joiner and Shivers should be the main RB rotation with the others sprinkled in. DJ and Joiner could really help us from a big back standpoint against LSU and we need to keep JG involved. He’s doing no good sitting on the bench for an entire game.

And why not Kam ? 10 carries for 84 yards that 8.4 yrds per play. Led all the RBs out their today. So explain to me how you missed him in your list. This is why y’all don’t coach for a living.

6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

And why not Kam ? 10 carries for 84 yards that 8.4 yrds per play. Led all the RBs out their today. So explain to me how you missed him in your list. This is why y’all don’t coach for a living.

Is there a reason you couldn’t ask without coming off that way? Let’s see, as said before, by someone that coaches for a living, shivers gets that toss it’s a TD. He had one carry for 52, 9 carries for  32 yards. We all know Gus is going to stubbornly try to establish a running game inside vs LSU, Kam isn’t going to succeed consistently in that.

10 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

In fairness, Kam had 1 carry for 52 yds through a hole I could run through (one of the very few with this OL) and easily got caught from behind.

Subtract that 1 run and he was 9 carries for 32 yds = 3.5 ypc.

I like Kam very much but I no longer think he's a RB1 for Auburn.  ...and I pushed hard for him to replace KJ in thUga 2.0 in '17 and to be RB1 going into '18.  He's a fine, serviceable back but not a feature back, IMO.

Just now, AUsince72 said:

In fairness, Kam had 1 carry for 52 yds through a hole I could run through (one of the very few with this OL) and easily got caught from behind.

Subtract that 1 run and he was 9 carries for 32 yds = 3.5 ypc.

I like Kam very much but I no longer think he's a RB1 for Auburn.  ...and I pushed hard for him to replace KJ in thUga 2.0 in '17 and to be RB1 going into '18.  He's a fine, serviceable back but not a feature back, IMO.

5EBAD2B0-C2C2-47B6-9F57-107F6C07481F.gif

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

5EBAD2B0-C2C2-47B6-9F57-107F6C07481F.gif

Sorry, was backing you up and ended up just parroting you LOL!!

So uh... do we want to talk about this game?

1 minute ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

DJ Williams dragging tacklers brought a tear to my eye.

Truth. A lot of people are jumping in his bandwagon. Honestly, I was more impressed with Joiner’s limited carries.

Regardless, Kam could be a weapon if used on the outside more than inside. He finds holes well but the OL doesn’t make them well.

Archived