We have to beat UGA

AUght2win

LSU will be tough. Bama will be too. But we have to beat this UGA team at home. I have never seen a fan base turn on anyone like they are currently turning on Fromm and the staff.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

LSU will be tough. Bama will be too. But we have to beat this UGA team at home. I have never seen a fan base turn on anyone like they are currently turning on Fromm and the staff.

Auburn says "Hold My Beer!"

I definitely agree all joking aside. I have thought since spring that UGA would be down and they have looked the part. They have talent but something just isn't there. I think if we play well on Offense, we should win handily. 

I think we win too. I mentioned on another thread but it's imperative Gus wins that game. I mean, if he wins any of the big 3 down the stretch he is safe. But if he goes 0-3 again with a loss to THIS Georgia team at home, people are going to want his head. 

15 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I think we win too. I mentioned on another thread but it's imperative Gus wins that game. I mean, if he wins any of the big 3 down the stretch he is safe. But if he goes 0-3 again with a loss to THIS Georgia team at home, people are going to want his head. 

He’s safe dude. Even if he does lose to all 3. I think too many of the PTB are like the folks on here who are just happy going to a bowl and making excuses.

I'm one of those who grew up in Georgia, not too far from Athens, so.....yes.  

25 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I really hate that I am thinking this but it would be so Gus to somehow beat LSU and lose to this Georgia team at home. 

22 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

He’s safe dude. Even if he does lose to all 3. I think too many of the PTB are like the folks on here who are just happy going to a bowl and making excuses.

I believe you could be right but I don’t think you are. Losing all 3 would put us at another 8-4 season with two losses against frankly inferior teams one of which at home.

To the point of the thread, if we don’t beat Georgia there’s only one rationale as to why. Gus keeps calling plays the way he currently is and Georgia’s defense shuts us down and UGA leans on Fromm to pick our secondary apart. 

Just now, Zeek said:

I believe you could be right but I don’t think you are. Losing all 3 would put us at another 8-4 season with two losses against frankly inferior teams one of which at home.

To the point of the thread, if we don’t beat Georgia there’s only one rationale as to why. Gus keeps calling plays the way he currently is and Georgia’s defense shuts us down and UGA leans on Fromm to pick our secondary apart. 

I’ve watched college football for a long time. I’ve learned not to assume anything and just because uga has looked bad the last two weeks means nothing about how they will play against us. It seems like they annually save their best game for us more often than not. 

Anyway, I think Gus gets one of the three and is safe but like I said it would be very un Auburn like to fire an 8-4 coach. I mean, I’ve made it clear where I stand on Gus but I’m just saying I can’t see us firing him with the buyout and our history.

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I’ve watched college football for a long time. I’ve learned not to assume anything and just because uga has looked bad the last two weeks means nothing about how they will play against us. It seems like they annually save their best game for us more often than not. 

Anyway, I think Gus gets one of the three and is safe but like I said it would be very un Auburn like to fire an 8-4 coach. I mean, I’ve made it clear where I stand on Gus but I’m just saying I can’t see us firing him with the buyout and our history.

If he goes 9-3 or 8-4 I want to see us looking competent in our bowl game at least. His bowl record is infuriating.

Granted, playing Oklahoma was a ridiculous mismatch that year. 

10 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Yep we've had some inexcusable losses to some lesser uga teams these past years. They will be a far cry from what they've been so far against us. Bank it.

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Jake really only had 35 yards passing?

It was pouring down rain neither team could pass.  Their disadvantage is their receivers are young and are just not getting open.    But Swift is a stud tailback.  Stop him and you stop them.  

The secondary is our Achilles heel.  Fromm will pick them apart and get two or three interference calls but we win anyway IMHO.  I'm impressed with the JD's Dinson and Davis.  One of them could actually get a pick. If secondary improves just a little I think we upset Bammers this year. I would be shocked if we get a W in Baton Rouge. We would have to play a perfect game in all three phases but anything is possible

18 minutes ago, autan said:

The secondary is our Achilles heel.  Fromm will pick them apart and get two or three interference calls but we win anyway IMHO.  I'm impressed with the JD's Dinson and Davis.  One of them could actually get a pick. If secondary improves just a little I think we upset Bammers this year. I would be shocked if we get a W in Baton Rouge. We would have to play a perfect game in all three phases but anything is possible

To me, the pass rush is the Achilles heel

9 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

So Burrow will have a field day?😳

I hope we blitz and have Tutt or DT plant him a couple times early then Derrick Brown fall on his throat. That’s sure to slow him down. 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

To me, the pass rush is the Achilles heel

They seem to finally be picking it up a bit, Marlon especially, but I want to see some pressure against LSU next week. 

I just have a feeling that we beat LSU in a stunner to get our first win in Baton Rouge in 20 years. We then turn around and beat UGA. Bama is a toss up. Can we stop the quick slants and ultimately their extremely talented WR core? I don’t know, but I’m won’t count AU out just yet. Just my opinion. I don’t think we win the west this year, but this team is set up to surprise some folks. 6-1 going into the LSU game, I wouldn’t have believed it when the season started. Not with this oline, a Freshman QB and known deficiencies of Malzahn. 

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They want Kirby/Coley fired for effing Mike Bobo. Crazy. Definitely had better opportunities to beat them in this rivalry, but we cant lose this one. Shouldnt lose to Bama either but 

There is NO WAY that is true. Georgia fans HATED Bobo with a fiery passion when he was their OC there and he has not been good as the head coach at Colorado State either. He has a losing record there and took over a good team from Swamp Donkey. I want to see evidence of them wanting Bobo hired as their freaking head coach. PLEASE SHOW ME. Because if true that would be so comical from their fans! Lol. 

5 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Auburn says "Hold My Beer!"

I definitely agree all joking aside. I have thought since spring that UGA would be down and they have looked the part. They have talent but something just isn't there. I think if we play well on Offense, we should win handily. 

James Coley. Chaney is not the greatest OC in the world but he is a hell of a lot better than Coley. Coley is just a career recruiter. Nothing else. It is the same problem Saban and bama had last year with the defense when they promoted Tosh a career recruiter to be DC to replace Pruitt. This is only the second time ever Coley has actually called plays to since he was just OC only in title at FSU. When he actually called plays before at THE U it was a disaster like this is turning out to be. Kirby totally made a Gus like lazy hire on the offensive side of the ball promoting Coley to OC from WR coach. If that was Gus we would of been absolutely roasting him for that un imaginative hire he made this past off season that Kirby made.

Archived