A few LSU reminders

TigerHorn

There is a reason we haven't won in Red Stick in 20 years. Several of them, actually, but they all come back to the same thing:

Bammer may own the refs, but LSU owns the field. A few reminders of how this works:

With AU backed up deep in our own end of the field in a tight game, as our QB lines up for the snap, there is a ref's whistle blowing the play dead. Everyone in the stadium hears it, except the refs and LSU players. AU loses a chunk of yardage, and then the game. 

AU goes to LSU with an AA candidate at K. We run up and down the field on them all day, only to lose close. We missed 5 FGs. FIVE. Why? LSU sideline security refused to give our K space to warm up, and constantly messed with him during the game. 

AU goes to LSU on a very hot, humid day for a 2:30 game. The visitors sideline is of course in full sun for the entire game, as at most stadiums. For some mysterious reason, Tiger stadium simply doesn't have enough electrical power for the "immense" draw that our sideline coolers would pull (you probably have enough juice in any one room of your house to power them). LSU generously agrees not to run their coolers either, but of course they're in shade for most of the game. We lose another close one. 

LSU was the first school to openly attempt to ban our Tiger Walk, citing "security reasons". 

LSU has allowed fans to rock our team busses to the point that some players thought they might tip over. 

I believe LSU was the first SEC opponent to split our visiting fans to the corners of the upper deck. Prior to this, SEC teams always gave visitors one corner of the field in the lower deck. 

I'm sure some of you can list more incidents. LSU is going to mess with us. We haven't overcome it in 20 years, and the times we did prior to that were few and far between, and I don't think we do this year. I think we beat bama (barring an officiating miracle, which is always possible with them) and UGA to finish 10-2, but I don't see us winning in BR.

I’ve never recovered from the ‘88 game...damn Tommy Hodson...AU would’ve played for a natty that year. Sick of hearing about the earthquake game.

That ‘95 game was BS too. Inadvertent whistle my ass.

I was at the fire game the next year where a freakin 2 point conversion return killed us.

Strange and frustrating series.

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Don't forget the time they let us go up 3 scores only to storm back and win in the second half. I'm still not over that one. 

Cruelty..... absolute cruelty....

Maybe we won’t start the game with the same passing play for the 3rd year in a row.  Ended in an int last year.

12 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Maybe we won’t start the game with the same passing play for the 3rd year in a row.  Ended in an int last year.

Now we got them right where we want them, that's the last play they'll expect to see Saturday and we'll jump out to a 7-0 lead!

I still have hope. The last time I gave up on Auburn winning when there was still a prayer left was, ironically, the Interception Game in 94. That one taught me my lesson well. If Bo can use the experience in Gainesville to better his approach in a hostile climate, and if the defensive secondary can slow Burrow's high flying attack, I think we have a decent shot of knocking them off.

Of course, this could just be the unrealistic optimist that is the AU fan in me. I just can't bring myself to see no chance for Auburn, no matter how high the odds are stacked.

4 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

There is a reason we haven't won in Red Stick in 20 years. Several of them, actually, but they all come back to the same thing:

Bammer may own the refs, but LSU owns the field. A few reminders of how this works:

With AU backed up deep in our own end of the field in a tight game, as our QB lines up for the snap, there is a ref's whistle blowing the play dead. Everyone in the stadium hears it, except the refs and LSU players. AU loses a chunk of yardage, and then the game. 

AU goes to LSU with an AA candidate at K. We run up and down the field on them all day, only to lose close. We missed 5 FGs. FIVE. Why? LSU sideline security refused to give our K space to warm up, and constantly messed with him during the game. 

AU goes to LSU on a very hot, humid day for a 2:30 game. The visitors sideline is of course in full sun for the entire game, as at most stadiums. For some mysterious reason, Tiger stadium simply doesn't have enough electrical power for the "immense" draw that our sideline coolers would pull (you probably have enough juice in any one room of your house to power them). LSU generously agrees not to run their coolers either, but of course they're in shade for most of the game. We lose another close one. 

LSU was the first school to openly attempt to ban our Tiger Walk, citing "security reasons". 

LSU has allowed fans to rock our team busses to the point that some players thought they might tip over. 

I believe LSU was the first SEC opponent to split our visiting fans to the corners of the upper deck. Prior to this, SEC teams always gave visitors one corner of the field in the lower deck. 

I'm sure some of you can list more incidents. LSU is going to mess with us. We haven't overcome it in 20 years, and the times we did prior to that were few and far between, and I don't think we do this year. I think we beat bama (barring an officiating miracle, which is always possible with them) and UGA to finish 10-2, but I don't see us winning in BR.

Amen!! pray hard and good things will happen to the good guys....(us!!!)

Archived