LED lights

eagle12

Is there any talk of us having LED lights? I know it can be said it would be copying are two biggest rivals but it is very cool looking and a current trend but I would hate to see us look further behind the time than we already are with the north end zone! 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had heard about this and saw it for the first time last night. I personally thought it was a bit much. I'm sure the younger crowd likes it though(I'm 50), but it's too much like a WWE atmosphere for me. If it was done at the beginning and end of the game, I was ok with. The way bama was constantly messing with the lights though, I was like cut the crap and play football.

2 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

I had heard about this and saw it for the first time last night. I personally thought it was a bit much. I'm sure the younger crowd likes it though(I'm 50), but it's too much like a WWE atmosphere for me. If it was done at the beginning and end of the game, I was ok with. The way bama was constantly messing with the lights though, I was like cut the crap and play football.

O I’m with you there I’m close to your age but auburn wouldn’t be as ridiculous as them ! I would hate to see us miss out in recruiting in not looking as up to date as the rest because you know the younger players are liking this stuff.

27 minutes ago, eagle12 said:
35 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

O I’m with you there I’m close to your age but auburn wouldn’t be as ridiculous as them ! I would hate to see us miss out in recruiting in not looking as up to date as the rest because you know the younger players are liking this stuff.

Well remember that their games are boring and napoleon bitches & moans about the students leaving early so the LEDs are an experiment to see if they really are like dumb animals who are entranced by shiny things....

anigif_sub-buzz-879-1564004549-1.gif

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Well remember that their games are boring and napoleon bitches & moans about the students leaving early so the LEDs are an experiment to see if they really are like dumb animals who are entranced by shiny things....

anigif_sub-buzz-879-1564004549-1.gif

Haha. This is true.

I don't get the light show but if it's the way things are trending then okay. Is it to offset the extra dead time that is increasing due to more TV timeouts, play reviews and challenges? Just wondering why money is spent on things like this. It wouldn't make a difference for me but I guess some will like it. 

I think it's pretty cool. I feel like some of our fans are turned off to it because Jawja and bammer are doing it.

I’m sure it’s a matter of time just like booze at the stadium.  Slow to adopt but when everyone else is doing it etc 

When do they do this light show?  After they score, during time outs and/or commercials?  I did notice Georgia do it during the Notre Dame game and I think that’s why the Notre Dame players were feeling a little piqued in the second half and started to flop.  🤣

Why is everybody acting like they’ve never seen lights before? Seems like teams are trying to give fans seizures now. The lights ain’t fun if everybody does it

If I was subjected to those lights over and over for 3 hours I'd have a massive migraine. I hate them. Having said that......used judiciously, and tastefully, they could be entertaining. It would be a fine line, but Auburn could do it well, and the LED lights would be a nice game day thing. Done the wrong way....it looks cheap and takes away the college atmosphere. 

bammer is the least classy school in all of college football and I would never want Auburn to use the LED lights the way it was done last night at BD. Those turds are like a cult and it was weird watching their behavior with all those lights flashing. Like some kind of science fiction movie about 100,000 Stepford people. 

I don’t really like the light show with them but they are more cost efficient and superior overall. This is a rather cheap and quick stadium enhancement.

3 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

I agree.  Leave it alone.

I don't much like the JJumbotron with the noise deafening speakers.  Takes away from the game.  Used to be the Band played during TO's and we did the classic cheers and routinely entertained ourselves as a group.  I liked the band cranking the tunes, not the jumbotron.  Now everyone sits and watches tv, brain dead together, and comes back to life after the giant tv switches off.  I'm there to watch the game and be part of the game, not watch one gimmick after another.

If LED lights are what brings a recruit to The Plains, I'm kind of doubting he's gonna be a good fit.

48 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

To the LED??

Two parter here. 1st. The entrance is pretty nice also before the end of the 3rd ESPN showed a nice shot with the lights out with everyone with their flashlights on their phones. 2nd. The actual game lighting is horrible from TV, Alabama's unis looked magenta

16 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Two parter here. 1st. The entrance is pretty nice also before the end of the 3rd ESPN showed a nice shot with the lights out with everyone with their flashlights on their phones. 2nd. The actual game lighting is horrible from TV, Alabama's unis looked magenta

Bama unis pretty much always look magenta at night games. Nothing new. Something to do with how their helmets reflect light I guess. Ive noticed it for years. The Magenta Ripple.

I want more fire and lights and blimps . Anything to attract folks to the best place on earth besides Oahu. Light the place up like the Griswolds on Christmas 

Archived