Honorable Mentions - Arkansas

AUght2win

Here we go!

3AYMP2D5VJAJPEZMVXLQZBN44I.jpg

1. 3rd and #10 - Auburn had a great day yesterday on 3rd down. We went 7-13. But while that stat is good, it doesn't truly show how well Bo, individually, played on third down. Out of the 13 third down plays, Bo was responsible for 9 of them (running or throwing). He converted 6 of 9 of those plays. The conversions include:

- 7 yard completion on 3rd and 7.

- 20 yard completion on 3rd and 10.

- 14 yard scramble on 3rd and 7.

- 1 yard run on 3rd and 1.

- 3 yard run on 3rd and 1. 

- 12 yard completion on 3rd and 7.

The poise to gut out these crucial plays (4 of them 7 or more yards to gain) is really special for anyone, let alone a freshman. If you want to know why Bo has the job, or what's so great about him, it's the unheralded but real ability to make a play when needed.

2. Can't Shed his blocks - some of you may have noticed that #11 got a lot of snaps yesterday on offense. That's young Shedrick Jackson! We may be seeing a lot of him going forward, as Gus gives playing time to wideouts who excel at blocking. Shed appears to have a penchant for it. Check out some of his work below.

Screenshot_20191020-153959_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20191020-153330_YouTube.jpg

He also made an impact in the passing game. He made a first down grab by fully extending near the boundary, and he also got WIDE open for a touchdown (2 plays before the TD to Jay Jay) but Gatewood simply overthrew him. 

Good looking athlete, hope to see more of him. 

3. Daps for Paps - Owen Pappoe is quietly putting together a great season. He is flying under the radar because he doesn't do a suplex celebration every time he makes a tackle. He is mature and team first.

Screenshot_20191020-154504_YouTube.jpg

He recorded his first career sack yesterday and played an all-around solid game. Keep it up Owen!

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

2. Can't Shed his blocks - some of you may have noticed that #11 got a lot of snaps yesterday on offense. That's young Shedrick Jackson! We may be seeing a lot of him going forward, as Gus gives playing time to wideouts who excel at blocking. Shed appears to have a penchant for it. Check out some of his work below.

Screenshot_20191020-153959_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20191020-153330_YouTube.jpg

He also made an impact in the passing game. He made a first down grab by fully extending near the boundary, and he also got WIDE open for a touchdown (2 plays before the TD to Jay Jay) but Gatewood simply overthrew him. 

Good looking athlete, hope to see more of him. 

I want to see more passes to him. He's not a TE. Cool he blocks really well but he can't be that bad catching.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

I want to see more passes to him. He's not a TE. Cool he blocks really well but he can't be that bad catching.

He wouldn't be in there if he couldn't catch, but Gus has used guys primarily for blocking before. But I want to see his pass catching skills put to use too.

10 hours ago, AUght2win said:

He wouldn't be in there if he couldn't catch, but Gus has used guys primarily for blocking before. But I want to see his pass catching skills put to use too.

I said before the season that Shed Jackson is the kind of WR that Gus needs to be recruiting. He needs to quit trying to turn elite pass catchers into skinny fullbacks. Our best offenses have featured old school, mean dudes that were better at blocking than running routes. If we are going to succeed at using our speed on the edges, guys like Shed are going to be critical to that. Appreciate you highlighting him! And put me in the "hope he gets some touches" camp. 

7 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Massive, massive bright spot this season. To see 2 out of 3 of the Big 3 playing beyond our very lofty expectations... what a joy. Well deserved, men. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Massive, massive bright spot this season. To see 2 out of 3 of the Big 3 playing beyond our very lofty expectations... what a joy. Well deserved, men. 

Yes. I think Marlon is having the season that alot of us thought N. Coe would be having. I am super stoked about Marlon. Kid has made himself some money this season for sure. If there is a brightside to Nick Coe's struggles this season it is that maybe we get him back next year. That would be Truesdale, Newkirk, and Coe on the line plus the young talent from last year's class.

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

Yes. I think Marlon is having the season that alot of us thought N. Coe would be having. I am super stoked about Marlon. Kid has made himself some money this season for sure. If there is a brightside to Nick Coe's struggles this season it is that maybe we get him back next year. 

Absolutely

9 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Just another shoutout to Tutt. That guy plays all out every game.

I agree, he has really impressed me this year especially with his open field tackling.

Archived