2019/20 Season Long Men's Rankings & NET Thread

toddc

I really don’t get Kenpom and not sure why everyone goes by that. We beat NC State and drop to 18. Kentucky loses to Utah State and is Still ahead of us despite having a SOS in the 300’s. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad....i was hoping for a couple spots higher but hard to really complain when you look at who the teams ahead of us have beat and lost to. I kind of have issue with Oregon and Kansas being ahead of us with 2 loses. But the worse loss of the 4 is Oregon to UNC so i see where the voters are coming from. If we had a win against a top 30 team we would likely be ahead of them. Right now we have a handful of wins against top 40-100 teams

9 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Not bad....i was hoping for a couple spots higher but hard to really complain when you look at who the teams ahead of us have beat and lost to. I kind of have issue with Oregon and Kansas being ahead of us with 2 loses. But the worse loss of the 4 is Oregon to UNC so i see where the voters are coming from. If we had a win against a top 30 team we would likely be ahead of them. Right now we have a handful of wins against top 40-100 teams

I love the way this year's OOC  schedule was built.  Plenty of quality teams though ones we were more talented than.  It's allowed us to figure the team out while still having a good SOR.

Our real test coming when we play at Mississippi in our first real away game. Win these next two and be 13-0 would be amazingly awesome 😎 

What is amazing is that I feel we really are not that good yet. We can’t shoot from the outside, our FTs are a mess, and we are sloppy with the ball. 
However our defense is amazing and offensive rebounding is super impressive. If we can somehow start making our FTs and Purifoy or Johnson can hit from the outside, we will be unstoppable. 

55 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

What is amazing is that I feel we really are not that good yet. We can’t shoot from the outside, our FTs are a mess, and we are sloppy with the ball. 
However our defense is amazing and offensive rebounding is super impressive. If we can somehow start making our FTs and Purifoy or Johnson can hit from the outside, we will be unstoppable. 

Shooting has been terrible.  We're going to have to get much better to continuing winning in the SEC schedule.

We're doing well right now, but this team has the potential to do a lot better. I'm hoping they catch fire again at thy same time as last year's team. I'm still angry about that double dribble no-call and I always will be. We'd have won the championship if not for the horrific officiating those two plays.

5 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Wow. For this snapshot in time, Auburn's big 3 sports are all in top 10 nationally.

Let that sink in for a moment. 

Didn't JJ hire all 3 coaches?!  I wasn't a fan of his but he did do some things right!

9 hours ago, toddc said:

Our real test coming when we play at Mississippi in our first real away game. Win these next two and be 13-0 would be amazingly awesome 😎 

If outside shots can fall early, Ill feeel good about that game. Okoro got off early vs USA (I think im thinking about the right game) and that helped in the end when we were hemorrhaging points and hanging on to a lead

And Kansas goes down by a point tonight...

On 12/23/2019 at 7:58 PM, penguin149 said:

Didn't JJ hire all 3 coaches?!  I wasn't a fan of his but he did do some things right!

They weren't nearly the ADs that Green is but IMHO...compared to ADs in similar situations...both he and Housel did a LOT right. If only they could have moved beyond the good ole boy crowd that tainted their eras. 

Auburn is the only sec team in the NET top 25.  That’s crazy.we have a “nice” resume.  Wish we could claim a top 25 win on the resume.  Will be interesting to see how the sec moves in the rankings as we go through conf play.  The inter conf weekend may be important this year.  We just gotta win.  I still predict we’ll be middle seed at years end and around 22 rank.  No basis for that other than guessing.

Archived