Jarrett Stidham

Tiger Sue

Even though this thread is lame. lol. Talking about Stidham taking a knee, handing off just to get the game over with?

But since we are here.....It WILL be interesting if TB is not given a new contract, and is forced to find another team, if he wants to play 3 more years according to him.

That means Stidham is heir apparent going into his 2nd year, instead of apprenticing for Brady for about 3 years. Would the Pats go with him or bring in another top QB if they see one sitting on the bench?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/22/2019 at 7:49 PM, PowerOfDixieland said:

There's no such thing in @aubiefifty's world.

That's the truth, he was a day late to the Patriots game and 8 months early for Golf's Birthday.

• 3 weeks later...

Knowing now how good this year's defense is and that Nix would have benefited from a redshirt year, would we be undefeated if Stidham had stayed for his senior year?  Competitive for CFP and NC?  Got to believe the offense would be better this year with Stidham despite coaching or lack thereof.

1 hour ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Knowing now how good this year's defense is and that Nix would have benefited from a redshirt year, would we be undefeated if Stidham had stayed for his senior year?  Competitive for CFP and NC?  Got to believe the offense would be better this year with Stidham despite coaching or lack thereof.

Stidham would have set NCAA records for getting sacked this year.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Stidham would have set NCAA records for getting sacked this year.

Sad, but probably true.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:54 AM, TuscaloosaTiger said:

Stidham was light years ahead of where Nix is in terms of talent. But Gus, for lack of a more sensitive way to put it, likes and trusts Nix a lot more. So I'm not sure that the offense would have been operating the same way. 

I think JS is a very good QB when given time to operate. He never really had time last year and took a bunch of sacks. Nix is faster and can avoid sacks but also is not as accurate as JS. 
Both have had to suffer through some poor game plans. 
I wish JS success. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Stidham was light years ahead of where Nix is in terms of talent. But Gus, for lack of a more sensitive way to put it, likes and trusts Nix a lot more. So I'm not sure that the offense would have been operating the same way. 

Devil's advocate as I'm fairly certain we're on the same page here:

How tight would the reigns be on Bo if Chip was still here? How loose would the reigns have been if it was Gus/Dilly handling Stidz?

Gus doesn't trust his players at all but in some weird way he might have trusted Chip even less. I still believe if Chip was pulling any strings on O that Gus was telling Chip what strings to pull but I'm wondering how this trust dynamic and Gus being the sole bearer of responsibility of playcalls affect things. I mean, as you said Stidham has more natural gifts/talent than Bo, but I never in a million years thought Gus would have had the guts to let Stidham air it out in the same situation that Bo threw the pick to end the first half of the LSU game.

21 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Devil's advocate as I'm fairly certain we're on the same page here:

How tight would the reigns be on Bo if Chip was still here? How loose would the reigns have been if it was Gus/Dilly handling Stidz?

Gus doesn't trust his players at all but in some weird way he might have trusted Chip even less. I still believe if Chip was pulling any strings on O that Gus was telling Chip what strings to pull but I'm wondering how this trust dynamic and Gus being the sole bearer of responsibility of playcalls affect things. I mean, as you said Stidham has more natural gifts/talent than Bo, but I never in a million years thought Gus would have had the guts to let Stidham air it out in the same situation that Bo threw the pick to end the first half of the LSU game.

EXCELLENT point.

On 10/21/2019 at 11:50 PM, cole256 said:

A thread for that?

Oh I see, you don’t want a thread for AU Grad, Tom Brady’s backup. If it was a thread for Jeremy Johnson or Gatewood you would be all for it.

Gee, I wonder why Coarch, Stat Tiger, or Coach no longer post here. I hope you are happy!

On 10/22/2019 at 7:37 PM, cole256 said:

Jarrett stidham also successfully completed a sip of Gatorade today. Great job!

Since you know more about the draft than Bill B, where is Jeremy Johnson sipping gator aid? 

On 10/23/2019 at 11:24 AM, Tiger Sue said:

Thank you. Looks like some of our "fans" have difficulty understanding that simple point.

Not the majority, just some.

I think it changes play calling if JS is here this year. It would have opened up the playbook a lot. Very good experience on the WR and a better pass blocking OLine would have allowed JS to have a heck of a year. Nix is not as comfortable in the pocket as JS, which is why he scrambled as much as he has. A veteran QB would have opened a lot up. We forget Nix is a rookie and he plays like it sometimes.

3 hours ago, wildlife alumni said:

I think it changes play calling if JS is here this year. It would have opened up the playbook a lot. Very good experience on the WR and a better pass blocking OLine would have allowed JS to have a heck of a year. Nix is not as comfortable in the pocket as JS, which is why he scrambled as much as he has. A veteran QB would have opened a lot up. We forget Nix is a rookie and he plays like it sometimes.

Stidham was comfortable in the pocket?

10 hours ago, wildlife alumni said:

I think if JS8 had stayed for this year it could have gone 1 of 2 ways. The first, JS gets through the first 4 games without a loss and then things progress and we are sitting at #1 undefeated right now. The other, and the one I tend to believe actually, is that We are sitting at 6-3 right now with a loss to Oregon. I think Bo made a lot of plays in the opener against Oregon, as well as throughout the season, where JS would have taken a sack. Bo has been 10X better than JS8 at avoiding sacks and throwing the ball away. That is one big plus for Bo. Bo has made his share of mistakes don't get me wrong, but JS8  was never comfortable last season in the pocket. Many times there was a clean pocket, or maybe he needed to step up one step....but he would bolt to the non throwing side and take a sack or run out of bounds for a loss. 

I could see a real argument though, that if JS8 was here we are unbeaten. If ifs and buts were candy and nuts then we'd all have a merry thanksgiving. 

Unfortunately, it's impossible to know what shortcomings actually fall on the players' shoulders. To my eyes, Nix looks like an equally skittish, less accurate Stidham. (I don't see the significantly superior mobility that y'all do.) We've changed OCs. We've (allegedly) changed playcallers. The OL is a year more experienced. We've got a deeper WR corps. We've got a deeper RB corps.

Except for the occasional crossing route or red zone throw, it looks pretty much like the same mess. 

14 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Oh I see, you don’t want a thread for AU Grad, Tom Brady’s backup. If it was a thread for Jeremy Johnson or Gatewood you would be all for it.

Gee, I wonder why Coarch, Stat Tiger, or Coach no longer post here. I hope you are happy!

Bro we know you hate black players......you don't need to vent at me. And lol at your second paragraph, no that's actually happened because of the highly motivated Bo Nix guys like yourself! 

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Bro we know you hate black players......you don't need to vent at me. And lol at your second paragraph, no that's actually happened because of the highly motivated Bo Nix guys like yourself! 

Kind of tough to be a college football fan and not like (as u said) black players isn’t it?

Probably should congratulate you on the things you are permitted to post; anyone else would’ve been banned at this point. You somehow continue to get away with it.

36 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Kind of tough to be a college football fan and not like (as u said) black players isn’t it?

Probably should congratulate you on the things you are permitted to post; anyone else would’ve been banned at this point. You somehow continue to get away with it.

Oh that's your play? Well you are the one who keeps following me around still talking about Jeremy Johnson and whoever. You seem to have a problem if I say anything good about a black player for whatever reason. Well I know the reason....other people do to but you think you hiding it....you can't

One thing you could ALWAYS do is quote these horrible things I say and show people. You have plenty that are waiting for me to do anything wrong. There's one mod that you remind me of and he hates me....he would love too much me off, if I did anything wrong he would. 

I'm not stupid though things like this this for example, I'm not dumb enough to fall for your bait. And the mods aren't dumb enough to fall for you of all people trying to play victim. I'll be glad when you're outed and kicked off

41 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Both of you quit it. Don't reply to each other problem solved.

47 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I'm locking this thread for being derailed into stupidity, but for the record, you are the one that veered this thing off into a racial thing with this post:  

Don't get all on your high horse after that and act like cole somehow gets away with stuff that would get other people in trouble, because you managed to slide that little barb in and you're still here aren't you?

Finally for the record, you have no idea why any of those people don't post here anymore or have posted less lately.  I do.  Quit making stuff up.

Archived