2020 3* PF Chris Moore Commits to Auburn!

ellitor

Some places have him listed at 6'7" 230 but I watched some recent video and he looks more to be in the 6'5" - 6'6" 215-220 range like in the AU basketball post above....He does have very good footwork and seems to have good hands and can handle the basketball pretty well,too....He is going to be a very good basketball player at the college level and i suspect him and Cooper are going to have a bunch of ally-oops.....

28 minutes ago, fredst said:

What do our b-ball experts think of this pick-up? @cole256, @JwgreDeux?

I don't think he'll be playing 4 for us,  unless we had some special line up. Judging from the clips I'd say he doesn't look as if he's a super athlete but it looks like he can handle the ball a bit. And he looks strong, maybe can play the roledesean Murray played when he was on the team.  He has the same build and it also appeared like he had the same skill set. 

With teams moving to playing 4 guards now it seems like we will be in great shape to match up with those

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

maybe can play the role desean Murray played when he was on the team.

Read that's the plan FWIW.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, fredst said:

What do our b-ball experts think of this pick-up? @cole256, @JwgreDeux?

Honestly, I don't follow most of these high school guys until they are on campus. So I can't give any fair evaluation of my thoughts on him. Everyone looks great in highlights. I will say I think CBP has done an exceptional job of recruiting, and I'll assume this is a good pickup. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I’ll take a roster of top 150 guys who will stick around 3-4 years combined with some top 30 guys who will be 1-2 year players.  We go 10 deep, minimum, most games.  Sounds like a winning recipe with CBP leading the helm!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Boom boom booming boom 💥 in b-ball 

I think Moore can be to Auburn what Grant Williams was to Tennessee. Both are undersized PF with great footwork and consistent around the rim. Moore looks a tad bit quicker than Williams. Good pick up. Any word on Rongie Gordon or Jayden Stone?

18 hours ago, Tiger720 said:

Any word on Rongie Gordon or Jayden Stone?

@Tiger720 There are a few guys higher on the staff's board at both positions. Stone particularly had a rough Summer playing wise & fell on many team's boards a good bit.

E you mentioned we are looking for one more G and a Big man. Who are our top 2 choices at  each position and what are our chances with them?

4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

E you mentioned we are looking for one more G and a Big man. Who are our top 2 choices at  each position and what are our chances with them?

Basketball recruiting is to hard to put into chances other than generalities because staff like to keep things more close to the vest info wise than football. Jalen Green is the top Guard target. Seems like we have a real shot. With Stone falling down the board not sure who the 2nd target is at guard. As fot the big, #1 is Greg Brown but he will be tough to get. After him it's Jaylin Williams or Omoruyi. We seem to have a better shot with Jaylin.