If it rains

BJCrawford

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I understand there is a possibility. Doesn’t look torrential but could just be wet.  Would this benefit one side or the other?

Theoretically it always helps the team that can run the ball better. 

Does Auburn have the horses up front and will the play-calling/personnel usage take advantage?  That is the question...

5 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I understand there is a possibility. Doesn’t look torrential but could just be wet.  Would this benefit one side or the other?

Doubt it has much affect. Field is likely to maintain its integrity if it hasn't been raining much, which it looks like it hasn't been. My concern would be shotgun snaps and quarterbacks. I absolutely hated, and consequently feared throwing a wet ball when I played, but I'm also 5'11 and likely have smaller hands than Nix and Burrow. 

15 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Doubt it has much affect. Field is likely to maintain its integrity if it hasn't been raining much, which it looks like it hasn't been. My concern would be shotgun snaps and quarterbacks. I absolutely hated, and consequently feared throwing a wet ball when I played, but I'm also 5'11 and likely have smaller hands than Nix and Burrow. 

Image result for tiny hands gif burger king

(Felt. Could've dunked on a 10' goal in high school if I could've palmed the ball.)

They say rain hurts fine tuned offenses more than... ours.

Current forecast from the weather channel is

Friday- 100% chance of rain with at least 1-2 inches expected and storms. 

Saturday- A steady rain in the morning, with showers continuing in the afternoon, chance of rain 60% with around a quarter of an inch expected. 

honestly the more rain the better. I wouldn’t mind seeing a torrential downpour like the Redskins game this weekend 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Image result for tiny hands gif burger king

(Felt. Could've dunked on a 10' goal in high school if I could've palmed the ball.)

They say rain hurts fine tuned offenses more than... ours.

That's impressive dude. I could palm a ball, but only holding it out in front of me - definitely not the extent where I could dunk one handed. Not as if that matters. I never had the hops. One handed hang was all I could ever achieve. 

Reminds me of a story that I love to tell about a guy I played basketball with in middle School. I went to a private school when I lived in Missouri, and private schools were able to get around recruiting restrictions by recruiting kids while they were still in middle school. This guy was like 6'6 in the 7th grade. He was a really nice kid, but wasn't exactly the brightest bulb in the room. We were measuring our vertical leaps in PE one day. His flat footed reach was like 9 ft. Someone said to him, "Hey Alex, you only have to jump one foot to touch the rim." He shouted back, "Man, I can't jump no 36 inches!!"

Anyway, he went on to play division 1 basketball for Billy Donovan at in Florida, but I don't think he ever made it to the league.

16 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I probably worry about DB’s slipping more than anything, especially with their O

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I probably worry about DB’s slipping more than anything, especially with their O

Yeah I was just thinking if it's not raining much, hopefully footing won't be an issue for anyone on the field. Makes sense that the DB's would be affected first if it did become an issue though.

16 hours ago, Barnacle said:

100 miles from stadium hasn't rained here in a couple of days.......just soaking up the cooler temps❤

Rain will hurt us (see Uga vs Kentucky) sure we may can run but will make it near impossible to defend their WR in man coverage

18 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

The grass.😋

58 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

If it’s raining really hard that might take away Schwartz too though right?

Schwartz, to me, would be less affected by it than someone like Shivers who seemingly struggles to turn up field on the outside runs because he's moving so fast toward the sideline. But realistically, it will hurt anyone that wants to plant their foot and cause a defender to miss.

If we do end up with a soggy field, I expect we'll see more Williams/Joiner runs that pound into the defensive edges then maybe some KMart/Shivers to pop a few right up the middle to see if we can break one or two big ones.

6 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Schwartz, to me, would be less affected by it than someone like Shivers who seemingly struggles to turn up field on the outside runs because he's moving so fast toward the sideline.

Agree - it looked like he was running on ice a couple times in the Arky game.  😂

5 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Agree - it looked like he was running on ice a couple times in the Arky game.  😂

Yep! But I love him. Once he masters that turn up the field at full (or near full) speed he's going to make defenses pay!

2 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Yep! But I love him. Once he masters that turn up the field at full (or near full) speed he's going to make defenses pay!

Me too, he's one of my favs!

6 hours ago, Squidward2016 said:

Current forecast from the weather channel is

Friday- 100% chance of rain with at least 1-2 inches expected and storms. 

Saturday- A steady rain in the morning, with showers continuing in the afternoon, chance of rain 60% with around a quarter of an inch expected. 

noaa.gov has it at a 41% chance throughout the game with a total of 0.03 inches of rain. 

12 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Is that something you can master? I feel like cut moves are something that you have or you don’t. Like that Bama receiver Jeudy’s cut moves are insane, don’t think that’s something you learn imo 

13 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Is that something you can master? I feel like cut moves are something that you have or you don’t. Like that Bama receiver Jeudy’s cut moves are insane, don’t think that’s something you learn imo 

I mean - maybe? Agility/footwork drills can certainly help and I don't know how much of that he got in high school (I know we got very basic drills when I was playing). To me it seems he has gotten better even through the first half of this season. Either that or he's making more of an effort to turn up field faster so I'm not noticing it as much (aside from the couple against Arky that had me chuckling). :)

Last time we played in the rain in Baton Rouge, a 12-win AU team lost by 14.  

This is a much better LSU offense. This is a much worse AU offense. 

The rain won’t matter.

Well, one decent result of a good game time downpour would be a much less boisterous crowd, FWIW...

Archived