2020 4* SDE Princely Umanmielen (Texas Decommit: 10/23))

Sizzle

25 offers including AU, Texas A&M, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, Oregon, & Wahington
AU recruiting hardest
wants to be in a 4-3 scheme as a SDE
Texas A&M is another team to watch if they have room in the class
Hasn't visited AU yet but if he visits for a game in November chances could go up

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* SDE Princely Umanmielen (Texas Decommit: 10/23))
On 10/23/2019 at 5:30 PM, Gowebb11 said:

We should sign this guy on name alone. 😂

Then we can see the TV guys butcher is name as they have done Noah Iggy's for the past 3 years. I have heard Noah's name butchered more times than I can remember....the best was last season someone called him " Ig-bean-o-gene-ee....and another guy last season gave up half way through...his attempt was more like Noah Ig- Ba-not notta -maaaaaay......

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Then we can see the TV guys butcher is name as they have done Noah Iggy's for the past 3 years. I have heard Noah's name butchered more times than I can remember....the best was last season someone called him " Ig-bean-o-gene-ee....and another guy last season gave up half way through...his attempt was more like Noah Ig- Ba-not notta -maaaaaay......

Lol yup! Plus, we've had a few guys with "prince" in the name IIRC

Also, yes please. I really like how this kid keeps his eyes in the backfield. Good body lean. He arm tackles more than I would like but a lot of his highlights he's in a position where he's snagging someone from some distance. He would be a great anchor for the DL.

• 3 months later...

OVing AU this weekend. Could be a guy we take as best available regardless of position if we miss on 1 or 2 others.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

OVing AU this weekend. Could be a guy we take as best available regardless of position if we miss on 1 or 2 others.

Damn Garner not playing around.

We see someone with prince in their name and we must have them!!! Lol

Kid looks really good to me. I like a lot of the video because it looks like he is playing against pretty talented good sized kids too. Sign me up. 

On 1/29/2020 at 12:55 PM, GwillMac6 said:

We see someone with prince in their name and we must have them!!! Lol

Princely, formerly known as a Texas recruit. 😉

This kid is really good and normally I would want him badly but there may not be any room for him. Normally that would be bad but the players we have committed or will be committing are as good or better than him. If we can add Jones this may be the best class I have ever seen at Auburn. It will be better than the number 6 or 7 ranking because some of the JC players who are 3*s would be 4* if they were HS players. JC players hurt you in the rankings but if they work out help you on the field.

7 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

This kid is really good and normally I would want him badly but there may not be any room for him. Normally that would be bad but the players we have committed or will be committing are as good or better than him. If we can add Jones this may be the best class I have ever seen at Auburn. It will be better than the number 6 or 7 ranking because some of the JC players who are 3*s would be 4* if they were HS players. JC players hurt you in the rankings but if they work out help you on the field.

If we add Jones I would perfectly be content with whoever the staff "chooses" out of Burks and Prince for the last spot. Jones though is the key. It takes this class from really damn good TO GREAT. 

39 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If we add Jones I would perfectly be content with whoever the staff "chooses" out of Burks and Prince for the last spot. Jones though is the key. It takes this class from really damn good TO GREAT. 

I'd go so far as to say if we fail to land Jones, then add one more if the staff thinks they are good enough and save the last slot or even both remaining slots for the class of '21.

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'd go so far as to say if we fail to land Jones, then add one more if the staff thinks they are good enough and save the last slot or even both remaining slots for the class of '21.

Doesn’t look like that’s happening this time. We’re taking Burks so that would leave only one spot and if we miss on Jones we really like the Juco DB a lot that we just offered so we might take him when he’s ready. Or more likely a GT OT.

56 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Doesn’t look like that’s happening this time. We’re taking Burks so that would leave only one spot and if we miss on Jones we really like the Juco DB a lot that we just offered so we might take him when he’s ready.

Hope this isn’t the case. IMO unless kids are ELITE coming out of JUCO, their value drops significantly if they aren’t spring enrollees. Princely has much higher upside and long term value than a 3 to play 2 JUCO summer enrollee. I like this kids film and how physical he is setting the edge on run plays. 

44 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

Hope this isn’t the case. IMO unless kids are ELITE coming out of JUCO, their value drops significantly if they aren’t spring enrollees. Princely has much higher upside and long term value than a 3 to play 2 JUCO summer enrollee. I like this kids film and how physical he is setting the edge on run plays. 

Well if Princely doesn't show up to AU today for an OV you'll know we told him we're full in the class.

In general I agree on the juco statement but not for Corners in this system. We play heavy man coverage. There shouldn't be much of a learning curve on CBs for that.

Archived