2020 4* SDE Princely Umanmielen (Texas Decommit: 10/23))

Sizzle

4 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

No longer visiting this weekend per JLee.  I guess that means the staff feels good with where we stand today.

It may work out in this situation, but to me that’s the problem with our staff. You NEVER know what’s going to happen between now and Wednesday. Why would you not continue to recruit this kid and keep all of our options open?

On a personal note, I would much rather have this kid than Burks. I trust Garner, but this kid appears to have more value long term than just going with a 2-year depth solution.

6 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

It may work out in this situation, but to me that’s the problem with our staff.

Our staff has historically closed well. I think they know better than we do.

19 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

It may work out in this situation, but to me that’s the problem with our staff. You NEVER know what’s going to happen between now and Wednesday. Why would you not continue to recruit this kid and keep all of our options open?

On a personal note, I would much rather have this kid than Burks. I trust Garner, but this kid appears to have more value long term than just going with a 2-year depth solution.

Don't have room for this kid. Think AU really likes Height as a rush end but I agree. I'd rather have this kid than Burk. Have to trust Garner and Steele.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don't have room for this kid. Think AU really likes Height as a rush end but I agree. I'd rather have this kid than Burk. Have to trust Garner and Steele.

In a more perfect world I would prefer this kid over Burk as well, however I think we need the depth at DT more right now. I wish we didn't just drop out though. I am hoping it is because coaches are super confident in Bro. Jones...so just making sure we don't have to process anyone ( Did I just imply that Auburn is in a position or ever has been to "process" a recruit? LMAO)

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

In a more perfect world I would prefer this kid over Burk as well, however I think we need the depth at DT more right now. I wish we didn't just drop out though. I am hoping it is because coaches are super confident in Bro. Jones...so just making sure we don't have to process anyone ( Did I just imply that Auburn is in a position or ever has been to "process" a recruit? LMAO)

Oh, we've processed guys. But we have stepped up our game in this class.

For example, it's possible that there just isn't a punter available this cycle, but in any previous class we probably would have locked up a top 3 punter with a scholarship offer months ago. But it seems very *possible* *to me* that the staff feels there are too many studs at other positions available to us. 

Or this guy. Backing off a 4* SDE? That's the position we want to be in. Love it. (I don't feel bad saying it because this player is obviously a dude and will be fine wherever he goes.) 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Oh, we've processed guys. But we have stepped up our game in this class.

For example, it's possible that there just isn't a punter available this cycle, but in any previous class we probably would have locked up a top 3 punter with a scholarship offer months ago. But it seems very *possible* *to me* that the staff feels there are too many studs at other positions available to us. 

Or this guy. Backing off a 4* SDE? That's the position we want to be in. Love it. (I don't feel bad saying it because this player is obviously a dude and will be fine wherever he goes.) 

I fully agree....I was saying that in the context of Happy and shocked to be in this spot!!!! 

This class is already one of the best...if we land Jones ....and then with the class we are potentially looking at next year.....Things could be really interesting and fun for the next 4-5 years.

4 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

@CameronCrazy Because you have 2 spots left. 1 is likely taken by a silent from Burks. The 2nd is reserved for Bro Jones. If he doesn't flip I'm willing to be a lot of money it then goes to a Grad Transfer OT, something we need far more than a 5th tweener DE/DT in the class.

4 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Sure we have a guy or 2 that will end up at DT from the class but as of now we have no sure fire DTs in the class, which is what Burks is. As such he has more value than Princely the next 2 years at least.

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am hoping it is because coaches are super confident in Bro. Jones

Frazier took his potential spot. Even though they play diferent positions Frazier was higher on the staff's board overall.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@CameronCrazy Because you have 2 spots left. 1 is likely taken by a silent from Burks. The 2nd is reserved for Bro Jones. If he doesn't flip I'm willing to be a lot of money it then goes to a Grad Transfer OT, something we need far more than a 5th tweener DE/DT in the class.

Sure we have a guy or 2 that will end up at DT from the class but as of now we have no sure fire DTs in the class, which is what Burks is. As such he has more value than Princely the next 2 years at least.

Yes. I agree completely we need more DT bodies...and good ones!. If we had adequate depth there and that wasn't an issue then I would prefer Prince U over Burks....but given situation....we need Burks.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Frazier took his potential spot. Even though they play diferent positions Frazier was higher on the staff's board overall.

E you could let me live in my head for a few days. Don't crap on my hopes and dreams man. That's my story and I am sticking to it!

Sooooo yah we totally didn't mean to cancel the OV!!! We were just playing!!!! Lol. 

downloadfile-10.gif

tenor-5.gif

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Sooooo yah we totally didn't mean to cancel the OV!!! We were just playing!!!! Lol. 

I'm wondering if we need this guy more than we need a grad transfer punter? The coaches will know the quality, or lack of quality, of our walkon punters. I guess their action/inaction will answer that for us.

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

downloadfile-10.gif

tenor-5.gif

No. We still need a Grad Transfer OT a lot more than Princely & chances are very high that's where we go.

Archived