Malzahn’s Protégés

RunInRed

I saw that tweet and liked it! It's actually pretty impressive if you look at it. Gus' mind has to be a great jumping off point for these younger coaches. He's got plenty of great things to build your own offense off of. I've watched a lot of these offenses play and they're all rather different than what Gus runs but definitely from his roots.

Loved the video of him calling the Kansas coach before his first big game.

Missed the SMU game last night.  Have been wanting to see Lashlee's offense post Malzahn.  For comparison purposes.

3 hours ago, Never2Yield said:

Missed the SMU game last night.  Have been wanting to see Lashlee's offense post Malzahn.  For comparison purposes.

Rhett called a good game but has some of the same problems inside the redzone.

On 10/27/2019 at 4:15 AM, ToomersStreet said:

The offense just isn't a power 5 offense

Amen. It works better in smaller conferences. If gus had any true genius he could adapt it for the SEC, but the problem is that he doesn't have any true genius. 

I see power 5 teams that use parts of our O a lot, but their passing game is more of a pro style.

The problem with gus is the he REALLY knows his offense, but he doesn't really understand the CFB game and players enough to adapt it to changing times. Plus, he doesn't have the nerve to consistently show up for big games. He gets terrified too easily and worries about outcomes vs coaching in the present moment. 

10 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

Amen. It works better in smaller conferences. If gus had any true genius he could adapt it for the SEC, but the problem is that he doesn't have any true genius. 

I see power 5 teams that use parts of our O a lot, but their passing game is more of a pro style.

The problem with gus is the he REALLY knows his offense, but he doesn't really understand the CFB game and players enough to adapt it to changing times. Plus, he doesn't have the nerve to consistently show up for big games. He gets terrified too easily and worries about outcomes vs coaching in the present moment. 

Well said.

1 hour ago, tiger88 said:

Find it had to disagree with what said.

Out of likes. 👍🏿

Archived