LSU game thread

AubWes33

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Auburn has gotten away with holding also. It is college football.

Must be a quiet day in the trailer park. Since you're here, do you guys deliver? Two cheeseburgers, and two large fries would be great.

Just now, E'Town4Bama said:

Bama sites are boring. Just wanted some good discussion.

Well you should know NOBODY is going to want to hear you say stuff besides good job Auburn. Respect the house. Period

Just now, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Guys... That throw is ok if its pulled down. Its actually better because in that position Seth has the Corner BOXED OUT with his body. The problem is that the ball is OVERTHROWN.

Again its to no great effect. Yes its a bad stat and yes its probably a bit deflating but at the same time it doesn't affect much. Nonetheless its indicative of a lot of our gripes. 

Yeah, realistically that reach around run shouldn’t have put us in a position to score anyways. We were lucky to even have a shot there. Gus was probably thinking DJ would get 3 and we’d run out the clock. 

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus is calling this game like he has a elite OL like 2013 orrrr like this is 2011 and it's Clint Moseley's first start. Well sans for the ultra aggressive play call at the end!!  Even though it was a TO I love love loooooved the play call. We aren't going to beat them by being conservative.

I didnt like the play call, but either way, we gonna have to score more points. I just want a fairly called game in the second half.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

We need the short passing game and receivers have to get separation. Joey needs a series at least. 

Forget about it...

With Bo playing badly, if Joey has even a BIT of success, then Gus gets reamed by EVERYONE. 

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I am very happy where AU is right now . You have to be happy with that half against the LSU O. 

Me too friend. I just wish the pass had not caught

4 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

It was quite obvious what the called pass was. Gus even said so.

Seth got caught "flat-footed" and had no vertical on the ball. He was in perfect position and the throw was good...would have been caught. Just another play that did not go our way at that point. Main thing is we have to have our entire Defense back in 2nd Half. We cannot win without both Brown and Davidson playing side by side!!!!

Let’s all be honest. We’re frustrated because we didn’t expect to be in a position where we could be leading. We have out played expectations so far.

If the OL could open even decent holes we’d be alright. Also, the offsides have killed us.

Ball was not overthrown.  Our receiver jumped backwards and was only a couple of inches of the ground.  I'm sure he can just much high than that and didn't.  That was on Seth not Bo.  

2 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Me too friend. I just wish the pass had not caught

Seth got caught "flat-footed" and had no vertical on the ball. He was in perfect position and the throw was good...would have been caught. Just another play that did not go our way at that point. Main thing is we have to have our entire Defense back in 2nd Half. We cannot win without both Brown and Davidson playing side by side!!!!

Davidson's injury is worrisome. 

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Lol it wasn’t that far above his head. He acted like he had a 5” vertical on that play. 

If he wasn’t so fat he could have jumped over 5 inches!  

If it was me I’d have played for a short high percentage pass to set up a field goal. Just gotta go off percentages and a decent kicker. 

We've seen Seth make a catch just like that on several occasions so I don't have a problem with the call at all. It looked like Seth was trying to catch the ball as he fell toward the sideline. The DB just made a great play on the ball and snatched it out of Seth's hands. If Seth isn't stumbling backwards and instead high points the ball he makes that catch 9 out of 10 times. He still had the catch falling back except for the DB play.

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

Show me, bammer.

Seriously, I hope you guys win. LSU is guilty of looking foward to Bama. I don't think any team should overlook an opponent like LSU has. 

5 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Auburn has gotten away with holding also. It is college football.

Yeah, offensive holding is definitely part of every Tide game plan. So I can see how you would feel that way.

2 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Forget about it...

With Bo playing badly, if Joey has even a BIT of success, then Gus gets reamed by EVERYONE. 

I don't care who the QB is...just want some success on that side of the ball. If Joey G can step in and take over and lead the offense for a few TDs then I'm all for it. 

4 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Forget about it...

Right now hes 7-17 for less than a 100 it's not pretty at all

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

Has Coe played? I haven't even noticed.

Hard to notice when all our guys are being held more than coach O was as a baby.

Nessler is killing me with the tiger-isms, he does know none of the players are actually tigers, right?

Archived