LSU game thread

AubWes33

1 minute ago, yngwie1995 said:

It's true. We should have beaten UF and LSU handily, the way our D played. But we come up short because DJ Williams and Derrick Brown can't run 70 yard TDs (because our O can't score from inside the 10?).

Because the play calling is mental, the OL is trash, and we can’t run up the middle to save our lives but Gus keeps trying.

He should be fired tonight.

FWIW I’ve said in both this game and Florida Gatewood deserved a chance. Why the hell not? Worst case it’s another damn punt.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, boisnumber1 said:

Im not saying we would have won, but as it stands, 4 points would have been the difference. The rest is conjecture. Those 3 points before half would have been nice too.

We weren’t going to win that game with our offensive performance, I’m sorry. We don’t even have an offense we have random luck plays and a whole bunch of nothing as filler.

1 minute ago, Auctoritas said:

I'm still waiting on why putting Gatewood in is going to fix the problem. The most popular person on a bad team is the backup QB, but there's got to be a reason he's not in there. 

Aside from that, his skillset is zone reads, and the last thing we needed was to burn the clock with run plays the defense sees coming. 

In conclusion, go jump off a bridge, jackwagon.

How do you know it wont?? You sure as hell will never know if you NEVER put him in. My god, a special kind of stupid. Youre stupid as hell.

Apparently Joey Gatewood can't hit the broad side of a barn.  Otherwise what is to lose by him playing some snaps?

5 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

I like him, just hate that we have lost to him (LSU) 3 games straight.

So do I and I can't stand that program, regardless of what sport but they've had 2 good human beings as head football coaches in the last 14 years

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Literally... And after he has been completely classy and loyal to the process. This is a slap in the face and if I'm in that lockerroom I'm mad about that considering we needed one SIMPLE spark on offense. Even the slight boost in the run game.

Given that Nix comp% is about 33% against quality defenses, could JG really do worse?

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

We weren’t going to win that game with our offensive performance, I’m sorry. We don’t even have an offense we have random luck plays and a whole bunch of nothing as filler.

Well, since you know everything that could or would have happened at any point in the game, how much money did you win on the game. Idiot.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

The run game absolutely disappears at one point and every other play is some ******* Hail Mary. B**** about Bo all you want, he’s to blame for a number of bad passes, but this game like Florida is on Gus. He’s constantly putting his freshman quarterback in 3rd and long and today the OL kept putting him in 3rd and 20+ with penalties and s*** snaps.

This OL and this **** awful play calling has ruined this season. It’s pointless now.

Pointless? We are 6-2, barely lost to the number 2 team and get to play our two big rivals at home, one of which is extremely beatable.

Plus, it's Auburn football. There's always a point to it. 

22 years at the earliest is when we can stop this streak. That place is just a house of freaking horrors for us and always has been. We keep finding new ways to lose there. We really make it a art.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Because the play calling is mental, the OL is trash, and we can’t run up the middle to save our lives but Gus keeps trying.

He should be fired tonight.

FWIW I’ve said in both this game and Florida Gatewood deserved a chance. Why the hell not? Worst case it’s another damn punt.

Agree on pretty much everything.

3 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Joey Gatewood played one play. That is all I will say.

I think benching Bo in the 3rd qtr in favor of Joey would have been a good thing. Bo was so far off today it certainly could not have hurt anything. November may not be very kind to us if Bo does not improve his game tremendously.

Just now, fishepa said:

Apparently Joey Gatewood can't hit the broad side of a barn.  Otherwise what is to lose by him playing some snaps?

All of the back ups must be blind and in wheel chairs smh

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

Given that Nix comp% is about 33% against quality defenses, could JG really do worse?

We probably will never know.

1 minute ago, IronMan70 said:

LOL and okay to you, haha.

If there’s a ranking of Auburn’s problems, then Bo Nix is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down on that list. 

Gus is reasons 1-20

2 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Well, since you know everything that could or would have happened at any point in the game, how much money did you win on the game. Idiot.

More than you obviously. So you know we have two loses and I picked Florida and LSU and it’s in the forum if you wanna look. Idiot. I’m not happy my team lost but yes I did pick the right side. 

Done. Complete coaching failures in planning and execution. Our players do not deserve our overpayed OFFENSIVE coaching staff. 

Just now, Sully to Beasley said:

I think benching Bo in the 3rd qtr in favor of Joey would have been a good thing. Bo was so far off today it certainly could not have hurt anything. November may not be very kind to us if Bo does not improve his game tremendously.

Especially with the way DJ was running. Let’s just play smash mouth football because it was actually working. 

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Gus did you and the offense apologize to the defense for not lifting a hand today?

Week 8 and Auburn still doesn't have a qb that knows what intentional grounding is.

Archived