How has Gus split the fan base?

GwillMac6

3 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I wonder if Aggie message boards are like “ damn, we’re 2-5 against Gus Malzahn!”

Hahahaha I know I damn sure would!!! And saban is like I lost to this dude twice!? Lol. How!? He can't go even move the ball against Florida or LSU.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I would like to say I would switch TAMU with miss St. He is only 4-3 vs state which is embarrassing in its own right. I think we are 5-2 vs TAMU which is honestly his best consistent accomplishment as our head coach. I look at TAMU as a team close to our talent level. But yah he has been a failure vs miss St to me.

Hey Man: Last December you were jumping all around about how AU should fire Gus and hire Purdue's Jeff Brohm. How's your guy doing this time? I don't follow Purdue but he must be beating Gus's pitiful 6-2 record, right? Check Brohm's team and get back to me. I could do it but since you're such a big fan and all I think I'll just leave that pleasure to you.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Hey Man: Last December you were jumping all around about how AU should fire Gus and hire Purdue's Jeff Brohm. How's your guy doing this time? I don't follow Purdue but he must be beating Gus's pitiful 6-2 record, right? Check Brohm's team and get back to me. I could do it but since you're such a big fan and all I think I'll just leave that pleasure to you.

I have owned that man. Plenty of times.  I took the L and a knee on that one. Hard to judge Brohm with the talent level on their team wouldn't you say?  But I think it was a nice accomplishment him taking them to 2 straight bowl games. Don't you? Purdue is one of the worst power 5 jobs. Their record the 5 years before he got there is abysmal. 

And yah I got really excited thinking what he could do with our immense talent at the skill position. Pardon me for wanting us to maximize the strength of our team which has been the WR position the past 2 years. Brohm's specialty is the passing game.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I have owned that man. Plenty of times.  I took the L and a knee on that one. Hard to judge Brohm with the talent level on their team wouldn't you say?  But I think it was a nice accomplishment him taking them to 2 straight bowl games. Don't you? Purdue is one of the worst power 5 jobs. Their record the 5 years before he got there is abysmal. 

And yah I got really excited thinking what he could do with our immense talent at the skill position. Pardon me for wanting us to maximize the strength of our team which has been the WR position the past 2 years. Brohm's specialty is the passing game.

mikey is either completely intellectually dishonest or and this is my guess...he’s a complete di$# h#$&...he knows damn well you can’t judge the guy on what he does at Purdue without taking into account that its...Purdue.

I mean, our only natty in 60 years came from a coach who was 5-19 at Iowa freakin State.

But then, no one really expects anything else from mikey...

mikey is either completely intellectually dishonest or and this is my guess...he’s a complete di$# h#$&...he knows damn well you can’t judge the guy on what he does at Purdue without taking into account that its...Purdue.

I mean, our only natty in 60 years came from a coach who was 5-19 at Iowa freakin State.

But then, no one really expects anything else from mikey...

I would LOVE to see if Brohm and Gus switched jobs how that would play out. I have a feeling Mike's argument would go up in a puff of smoke like Malzahn's time at Auburn will at the end of 2020! lol.

But seriously Auburn is a GREAT job. Not a good job a GREAT job. A lot of dudes could come here and get 8 wins every year. A GOOD coach could string together 10 win seasons every year with the talent we have and our recruiting base. Auburn is a special job. One of the best in the country. Just because we have not ever made a splash hire ever in football does not mean at all we couldn't. Other Coaches know how talented this team is besides on the OL.

I would LOVE to see if Brohm and Gus switched jobs how that would play out. I have a feeling Mike's argument would go up in a puff of smoke like Malzahn's time at Auburn will at the end of 2020! lol.

But seriously Auburn is a GREAT job. Not a good job a GREAT job. A lot of dudes could come here and get 8 wins every year. A GOOD coach could string together 10 win seasons every year with the talent we have and our recruiting base. Auburn is a special job. One of the best in the country. Just because we have not ever made a splash hire ever in football does not mean at all we couldn't. Other Coaches know how talented this team is besides on the OL.

Yep. mikey’s act is wearing thin anyway. If the poor guy would just go ahead and admit he enjoys 4 loss seasons and losing 15 outta 21 to our rivals he could be a lot less grumpy...Music City Bowl Champs...mikey likes it!

16 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hard to judge Brohm with the talent level on their team wouldn't you say?

Not if he's responsible for recruiting, which all head coaches are.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not if he's responsible for recruiting, which all head coaches are.

Lol so recruiting to Purdue is the same as recruiting to a top 10 ish job in au? Almost every game on Purdue's schedule they will have less talent as the other team. Now I will admit this year has been a disappointing year no matter how you slice it. But his first 2 years were impressive to me at least.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol so recruiting to Purdue is the same as recruiting to a top 10 ish job in au? Almost every game on Purdue's schedule they will have less talent as the other team. Now I will admit this year has been a disappointing year no matter how you slice it. But his first 2 years were impressive to me at least.

I’m starting to think mikey is actually a couple of different people. At various times he seems like both a 95 year old man and a 12 year old boy.  

Comparing AU recruiting to recruiting at Purdue falls into the 12 year old boy category.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

No, but playing Purdue's schedule is nothing like playing Auburn's schedule.

14 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Yep. mikey’s act is wearing thin anyway. If the poor guy would just go ahead and admit he enjoys 4 loss seasons and losing 15 outta 21 to our rivals he could be a lot less grumpy...Music City Bowl Champs...mikey likes it!

Ok, that made me laugh and think...

PhotoGrid_1572493004205.jpg

16 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I’m starting to think mikey is actually a couple of different people. At various times he seems like both a 95 year old man and a 12 year old boy.  

Comparing AU recruiting to recruiting at Purdue falls into the 12 year old boy category.

Hahahaha omgsh you are en Fuego tonight!!!! Stop! Stop!!! I am trying to Drink my sweeeeeet tea!!!!! Lol

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No, but playing Purdue's schedule is nothing like playing Auburn's schedule.

Auburn plays 3 teams each season that have equal or more talent than us. 

Purdue almost every game they are at a talent disadvantage. 

Mike come on dude. Stop being purposely obtuse. Like I get the notion die with the lie but you aren't supposed to take it this literal!!!! Lol. Merrrrrrcy man.

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hahahaha omgsh you are en Fuego tonight!!!! Stop! Stop!!! I am trying to Dr my sweeeeeet tea!!!!! Lol

He’s just grabbing at straws man. He’s not even making sense now. This is why I show respect to abw, at least he TRIES to make a good point. Michael there is just throwing stuff up on the wall and seeing if it sticks. He must’ve really loved the Barfield years.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Auburn plays 3 teams each season that have equal or more talent than us. 

Purdue almost every game they are at a talent disadvantage. 

Mike come on dude. Stop being purposely obtuse. Like I get the notion die with the lie but you aren't supposed to take it this literal!!!! Lol. Merrrrrrcy man.

If almost every team on Purdue's schedule has superior talent, then Purdue is is doing a lousy job of recruiting. They lost to Nevada, overpowered by talent, I suppose?

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If almost every team on Purdue's schedule has superior talent, then Purdue is is doing a lousy job of recruiting. They lost to Nevada, overpowered by talent, I suppose?

Yah! Let me pull up my 7 page power point on Nevada Wolfpack football .... How the heck should I know!? Lol. They won a bowl game last year but that's all I got for ya at this moment. Will that suffice or naaah?

You are something else man. There never will be another prison Mike on this forum!!! Haha

3f0c1b2ebd582fc63d7cb1a6fe9482ec.png

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

@GwillMac6...let it go man. You may as well talk to a corpse. Promise to buy Michael a “Champions of Life” shirt for Gusmas this year and call it a day.

Brick by brick fam!!!! Lol. 5 star hearts.

@GwillMac6...let it go man. You may as well talk to a corpse. Promise to buy Michael a “Champions of Life” shirt for Gusmas this year and call it a day.

Champions of life! I've been waiting for that! 😁😛

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Here ya go Michael...I’m heading to bed now. I’ll be snuggled up with my Birmingham Bowl blankie, my 2017 SECCG RUNNER UP banner and my wife will hopefully be wearing her Music City Bowl Champs thong...

A697B458-7CF8-4DAD-A2CF-3D9E941454BA.jpeg

You are too much! I will laugh myself to bed, as well. What a day!

You are something else man. There never will be another prison Mike on this forum!!!

Probably not. I was here long years before most of the mods were here, long before it was called the Auburn Family Forum. With any luck I'll be here long after the current batch of gripers has departed. I've watched them come and go over the years and hope to see them go before they come again.

Archived