Joey Gatewood (Update 10/30: Leaves the team)

Zeek

it was not just joey being held from running out folks. i am sure when they sent boobie in for the two wildcats  back to back would make joey wonder what the hell.............

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

nothing on al.com. rant says brandon said he is mulling his future. others say he is already gone. the comments are all over the place.

Unfortunate considering this is a game we should use him a good bit if we get a big lead (not that we’ve done that really in other games).

I caught a lot of flack for being frustrated at Joey’s playing time early in the year and the lack of trust for him to actually be a quarterback and not a glorified wildcat. If he gets decent snaps against minor teams and in clean up duty. We love to run our clock but I believe in the Spurrier philosophy of keep running your offense no matter who is in at quarterback.

wow now folks are talking crap about joey for leaving mid season on another board. and its only rumor. it is a really bad look.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

wow now folks are talking crap about joey for leaving mid season on another board. and its only rumor. it is a really bad look.

That's because they're selfish people. 

I’m so sick of this crap. How many top tier recruits are going to leave this program? This guy is killing the program. There is absolutely no way Joey would be less productive than what we’ve seen so far. Gus doesn’t even see that his Mickey Mouse offense isn’t going to run right without a guy like Joey. 

Just now, auburnphan said:

You suck, 😝 

I know!  I'm sorry phan!! 

I feel.....I feel....

giphy (4).gif

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Unfortunate considering this is a game we should use him a good bit if we get a big lead (not that we’ve done that really in other games).

I caught a lot of flack for being frustrated at Joey’s playing time early in the year and the lack of trust for him to actually be a quarterback and not a glorified wildcat. If he gets decent snaps against minor teams and in clean up duty. We love to run our clock but I believe in the Spurrier philosophy of keep running your offense no matter who is in at quarterback.

i have always been for letting joey play a lot more than he has for the record. i just got mad about folks saying joey was screwed. hell, it turns out those folks might be right.plus boobie played hurt. today gus said he would probably sit out because he was not well yet.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m so sick of this crap. How many top tier recruits are going to leave this program? This guy is killing the program. There is absolutely no way Joey would be less productive than what we’ve seen so far. Gus doesn’t even see that his Mickey Mouse offense isn’t going to run right without a guy like Joey. 

Gus "taking back" play calling after last season should tell you all you need to know about his mind set. He thinks he is the solution to the offensive woes not the problem.........

i have always been for letting joey play a lot more than he has for the record. i just got mad about folks saying joey was screwed. hell, it turns out those folks might be right.plus boobie played hurt. today gus said he would probably sit out because he was not well yet.

It was sad watching half health Boobee run half speed. Reminded me of what we did to Kerryon. Gus knew the season was on the line.

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

unless the cash is a problem i am betting the powers that be will not be happy with gus if joey leaves. and it is bad. i think gus is trying to coach to keep from losing his job and itis causing him to make bad decisions IF all this is true.

I would hate to lose JG if its true, and I realize we are all sick of Gus right now. But the reality is if JG had won the job in fall camp, Bo would be leaving at some point. And we would be upset about that. You’re not going to keep two highly recruited QBs in the same class more than a year or two. It’s the way things are in CFB now. 

I hope he leaves. He deserves better than this **** show Gus is allowing to be displayed at the QB position without even giving him a legitimate shot to come in and compete. 

Just now, Zeek said:

It was sad watching half health Boobee run half speed. Reminded me of what we did to Kerryon. Gus knew the season was on the line.

i agree. gus is coaching scared now. no excuse with boobie hurt and joey on the sidelines.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Running the Wildcat with an injured Boobie was almost as ridiculous as the infamous Whirlybird! 

wow now some folks are saying joey was in tampa during the bye week. he is getting pounded pretty good and that makes me sad.

i agree. gus is coaching scared now. no excuse with boobie hurt and joey on the sidelines.

I hate to go off on a tangent here, but is there any reason big beefy bois like Harold Joiner and DJ Williams can't get a few wildcat reps? BoobeeCat has been successful at times but I have a hard time believing BoobeeCat was going to have more success Saturday than Joey G or one of the other backs.

Had to pop in when this broke and just whisper:

"My thread about Joey Gatewood being played by the AU Coaching Staff" that Fiddy called 'In poor taste' and some mod seemed to agree with doesn't seem crazy or in poor taste now huh?

Flex Out.

---------------

Btw, Prayers up for @aubiefifty, regardless of personal disagreements, no one should ever deal with personal tragedy and not have support.

That being said..... Don't be so hyperbolic all the time about things. That's all.

5 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Screenshot_20191029-212502_Twitter.jpg

rewrew.jpg

rewrewrew.jpg

41 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I wouldn’t fault the decision, but the timing is questionable. It’s not like he can go anywhere else right now, and he’s one ankle twist or jammed finger from being the starter. 

Why should he GAS? Gus has treated him like garbage.

7 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Had to pop in when this broke and just whisper:

"My thread about Joey Gatewood being played by the AU Coaching Staff" that Fiddy called 'In poor taste' and some mod seemed to agree with doesn't seem crazy or in poor taste now huh?

Flex Out.

---------------

Btw, Prayers up for @aubiefifty, regardless of personal disagreements, no one should ever deal with personal tragedy and not have support.

That being said..... Don't be so hyperbolic all the time about things. That's all.

thank you flex. i freely apologize for any  bad feelings i gave you. if you remember i offered to buy you lunch once just to hear war stories and trash talk stories and i guess i cam off crazy or gay but i just love those type of stories. a nd for the record i had nothing to do with your thread getting removed.if you ever good with it i am still up to buying and splitting a matas pizza sometime with a tea as long as you dunna whip my old geezer behind.

Archived