Joey Gatewood (Update 10/30: Leaves the team)

Zeek

13 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Had to pop in when this broke and just whisper:

"My thread about Joey Gatewood being played by the AU Coaching Staff" that Fiddy called 'In poor taste' and some mod seemed to agree with doesn't seem crazy or in poor taste now huh?

Flex Out.

---------------

Btw, Prayers up for @aubiefifty, regardless of personal disagreements, no one should ever deal with personal tragedy and not have support.

That being said..... Don't be so hyperbolic all the time about things. That's all.

i forgot. class thread and any free pizza would have to be close around payday.............your comment about me being sick was the only thing shot my way that hurt.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I'm only half-kidding when I ask (to nobody in particular)....

Anyone else wondering if Gus is TRYING to get fired?  

On a serious note, Auburn's offense DID actually suck against Oregon.  Just got saved by good D and a monumental play that's starting to feel more like Prayer In Jordan-Hare vs The Coming Of A Legend that we.....well, I....thought originally. 

Texas A&M has turned out to just be Arkansas or MSU-ish.

And now, in both the UF & LSU losses, he's making personnel & package decisions that honestly & truly make no sense....now (seemingly) costing his QB2, who should have received QB1 snaps in both games (as opposed to "package" plays) and did he even get ANY snaps at LSU?

Sorry but it almost seems like Gus has cashed in now with this development. 

8 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Why should he GAS? Gus has treated him like garbage.

Didn't they JUST write an article about how JG is "all in" and a true Auburn man?

I'm just playing devil's advocate here.  If I were in JG's shoes, I'm not sure what I'd do.

What if Gus is bringing in Cam’s little brother from Howard? 😂 

1 minute ago, MCPeePants said:

Didn't they JUST write an article about how JG is "all in" and a true Auburn man?

I'm just playing devil's advocate here.  If I were in JG's shoes, I'm not sure what I'd do.

Yes. I said he was 'all in' until he leaves.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i forgot. class thread and any free pizza would have to be close around payday.............your comment about me being sick was the only thing shot my way that hurt.

Again, nothing personal but that was more on principle as a former player with a specific type of fans I have had bad experiences with.

Anyways, I know you prob didn't. But I've been saying these things and talking about this for months since the Oregon game and I figured it'd happen. Some people told me no and quoted what he had said in the press conferences and articles (Not you.) But if you are friends with Jeremy Johnson on FB and saw what he said and has been saying, you'd know its true.

38 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it was not just joey being held from running out folks. i am sure when they sent boobie in for the two wildcats  back to back would make joey wonder what the hell.............

I know I was wondering..

2 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

I can’t even deal with this. I followed him since he was like 15 and recruited to AU. I’m also VP of his fan club. Ughhhh. 

Creepy...😳

Just now, Dan-0 said:

Running the Wildcat with an injured Boobie was almost as ridiculous as the infamous Whirlybird! 

I had to watch the highlights of the game instead of the full thing and when I saw this I was shocked. 

2 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Again, nothing personal but that was more on principle as a former player with a specific type of fans I have had bad experiences with.

Anyways, I know you prob didn't. But I've been saying these things and talking about this for months since the Oregon game and I figured it'd happen. Some people told me no and quoted what he had said in the press conferences and articles (Not you.) But if you are friends with Jeremy Johnson on FB and saw what he said and has been saying, you'd know its true.

i took up for jj hard. people called him a coward. and worse. i am not anti criticism at all i am anti draging people in the mud. when we spoke i had about a dozen people taking shots at me and was probably frustrated. i had not seen your posr until that day the best i can remember. but you can take it to the bank i never spoke to any mod nor admin. they did that all on their own. i stay in enough trouble without getting blamed for others deeds. i think it would often help if someone said why a thread is removed. it has happened to me and i never understood why so i could try to correct what i did  wrong.

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Just wish we had an opportunity to see how good JG actually is. 

We will when Lincoln Riley is coaching him up at Oklahoma. 

10 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

What has JJ been saying? You can PM me if need be. 

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I know I was wondering..

it makes no sense with a healthy joey and a still healing boobie. i get it. i get a lot of what you huys say it is just the personal attacks by some that made me frustrated. i want auburn to win as badly as anyone. i want to beat bama so many times in a row i can call them little brother.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

i am betting lane or ucf.

14 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

On a serious note, Auburn's offense DID actually suck against Oregon.  Just got saved by good D and a monumental play that's starting to feel more like Prayer In Jordan-Hare vs The Coming Of A Legend that we.....well, I....thought originally. 

And now, in both the UF & LSU losses, he's making personnel & package decisions that honestly & truly make no sense....now (seemingly) costing his QB2, who should have received QB1 snaps in both games (as opposed to "package" plays) and did he even get ANY snaps at LSU?

It sounds insane, but it has crossed my mind, more than once, long before now. 

Just now, aubiefifty said:

it makes no sense with a healthy joey and a still healing boobie. i get it. i get a lot of what you huys say it is just the personal attacks by some that made me frustrated. i want auburn to win as badly as anyone. i want to beat bama so many times in a row i can call them little brother.

It makes perfect sense to me...Gus is an idiot. He couldn't manage a Waffle House..

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

giphy (5).gif

11 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

On a serious note, Auburn's offense DID actually suck against Oregon.  Just got saved by good D and a monumental play that's starting to feel more like Prayer In Jordan-Hare luck vs The Coming Of A Legend that we.....well, I....thought originally. 

Nah man, he's not trying to get fired. He's still just an idiot, and a dishonest one at that. In August it was a heated QB battle, in September he names Bo the starter, but tells everyone that we have two capable QB's that they feel comfortable with. Now, after Bo has two terrible performances on the road he tells us that he never considered changing QB's. If I'm Joey I'm the hell out of here. More power to the kid.

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

It makes perfect sense to me...Gus is an idiot. He couldn't manage a Waffle House..

But he can buy several. One can hope. 

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

i forgot gus called bo and joey 1a and 1b. maybe gus did not keep his word. at this point who knows? but i am not sure joey got to be 1b. i believe he thought it would like his senior year. and joey was not selfish then.................

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Just wish we had an opportunity to see how good JG actually is. 

We will when we see him face off against Mac Jones in January after getting on the plain from Norman.

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am betting lane or ucf.

McKenzie Milton will be back next year. Gatewood isn’t starting over Milton IMO.

Archived