Joey Gatewood (Update 10/30: Leaves the team)

Zeek

Just now, aubiefifty said:

whats in south beach?

It's a joke, that's the famous line LeBron used when he decided to go play for Miami

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I guess what has me the most sad is our defense. This talent on defense don't come along often and I feel like we wasted it. 

If I could give this 1000 likes I would. 

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

aubiefifty

Please change your picture back to you father, I don't recognize know you anymore.  

I thought about changing Ali & too many folks nixed that notion with a quickness, so the "Greatest" stays with me.

1 hour ago, auskip07 said:

A  why do you hate the fan base so much?  I dont  see anyone actively rooting for him to fail.     

It will sting if Bo doesnt pan out or gets hurt immediately  

All you have to do is take a gander around social media and read the comments to know how some folks feel about Joey. It's pathetic really and just goes to show how many fans really don't know s*** about football. They look at scores and go, hey we lost a close one better luck next time. Or...well he wasn't good enough, good luck at a FCS school. The Gus defenders are even worse like we haven't been down this road before with the offense stinking up the field. What's even more pathetic than that is a depressing number of them still think Gus is a guru. Laughable at best. Maybe he was at one point, but that tag no longer applies to folks that don't adapt. 

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Lost in all this is the notion that JG could've pulled out both UF and LSU. Twenty yards of offense at the right moment wins both games. 

It's not lost my man, it's also helping fuel the fire.

29 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

All you have to do is take a gander around social media and read the comments to know how some folks feel about Joey. It's pathetic really and just goes to show how many fans really don't know s*** about football. They look at scores and go, hey we lost a close one better luck next time. Or...well he wasn't good enough, good luck at a FCS school. The Gus defenders are even worse like we haven't been down this road before with the offense stinking up the field. What's even more pathetic than that is a depressing number of them still think Gus is a guru. Laughable at best. Maybe he was at one point, but that tag no longer applies to folks that don't adapt. 

I've seen posters in here blow off Joey leaving by saying "well we knew he was likely going to transfer....", or "well if he was better than Bo he'd have beat him out for the staring job."

The kid was promised a spot in the offense, he and the fan base was told he'd see the field and there would be a package designed just for him and his talents.  We see how that turned out.

28 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Lost in all this is the notion that JG could've pulled out both UF and LSU. Twenty yards of offense at the right moment wins both games. 

AMEN

33 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Out of reactions today, but yes. You know, Dan, I was stunned yesterday to share this news with about five of my coworkers who root for Auburn. They said  "Who?"  Then, they were "properly shocked and saddened." I was reminded of my own entrenchment, 🤗which, compared to others', might be mild. 😛

But think of this...part of our dysfunction in communication on our board is that some are students of THE GAME of football (and naturally agree or disagree from their perspective, as is found in all professions/hobbies). Other are students of THIS PARTICULAR SITUATION over seven years and all of the tentacles that are involved. Many bring a valuable skillset of "EQ" to the "IQ" when it comes to personality theory and people management, and some are thrown a curveball by it.

A few are students of both. 

And in the smallest subset of all are a smattering of those close enough to a facet of it to know what's really up or down...but they have the common sense to stay mum. 

Many just love our team and our school (that's us ALL...skip the closet Bammer/sidewalk slurs) and want to believe the best. But students of the situation do have a hard time with the casual observer who has no idea of the why nor the desire to comprehend it.

24 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Out of reactions today, but yes. You know, Dan, I was stunned yesterday to share this news with about five of my coworkers who root for Auburn. They said  "Who?"  Then, they were "properly shocked and saddened." I was reminded of my own entrenchment, 🤗which, compared to others', might be mild. 😛

But think of this...part of our dysfunction in communication on our board is that some are students of THE GAME of football (and naturally agree or disagree from their perspective, as is found in all professions/hobbies). Other are students of THIS PARTICULAR SITUATION over seven years and all of the tentacles that are involved. Many bring a valuable skillset of "EQ" to the "IQ" when it comes to personality theory and people management, and some are thrown a curveball by it.

And in the smallest subset of all are a smattering of those close enough to a facet of it to know what's really up or down...but they have the common sense to stay mum. 

Many just love our team and our school (that's us ALL...skip the closet Bammer/sidewalk slurs) and want to believe the best. But students of the situation do have a hard time with the casual observer who has no idea of the why nor the desire to comprehend it.

Dang.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I agree Tora. I think for me is the distraught look on his face afterwards. As a parent that would probably been the end of the line for me. 

Infuriated me at the time !....Of course, I've been that way with Goofball since the 2014 bammer game

47 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Image result for whoa gif

While we have spent a 32 page thread discussing how badly this was handled, which it loks like it was, JG's HS coach and personal QB coach took the high road in interviews today. I'm sure JG is disappointed in how it ended but no one involved is bashing GM or the program. I can definitely respect these two that are close to him not taking the opportunity to say anything bad. Both of them said as coaches they respected GM decision to choose his guy and stick with him. 

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2019/10/inside-joey-gatewoods-decision-to-leave-auburn.html

10 minutes ago, api1957 said:

Image result for whoa gif

I love Ted!!  (Keanu's not bad either... )

20 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Maybe Gus wasn't allowed to do what he wanted? That last tweet by Johnson talking about coach having to protect himself and Auburn trying to keep its business behind closed doors along with this is why the football gods don't smile on Auburn.

Goes along with my buddies mention of big meddling rumors when it comes to Auburn boosters and coaches. Them giving marching orders to play and not rock the boat with the 5 star legacy qb..... would fit right in.

I think if Gus is as sorry a person/actor that people want to say he is his teams would of quit on him a long time ago.

I agree 100’% , Gus is nothing more than a fake that goes around pretending to be a God loving person but he just uses that as a front when it comes down to him making money or increasing his self pride there is not an individual out there that Gus won’t sell out to pump himself up. Pat said to play Bo and Gus said yes sir. Pat is no longer an Auburn man, if I’m fact he ever was. He too has always been about himself and Bo whether it was in Gadsen, Pinson Valley or Auburn. Personally I think we would have been Better off if Bo would have just went elsewhere. I don’t think he will ever be what he was promoted as being. What you want is team players because football is a team sport when you get a player that it’s all about them your destined to lose. Joey was a team player, Bo not so much. The only good outcome is this will be Gus’s last year and Pat assured that. 

3 hours ago, keesler said:

aubiefifty

Please change your picture back to you father, I don't recognize know you anymore.  

I thought about changing Ali & too many folks nixed that notion with a quickness, so the "Greatest" stays with me.

i did and i have no idea why...........lol. i loved bill the cat and our tigers are frazzled right now lol

1 hour ago, RHN1975 said:

While we have spent a 32 page thread discussing how badly this was handled, which it loks like it was, JG's HS coach and personal QB coach took the high road in interviews today. I'm sure JG is disappointed in how it ended but no one involved is bashing GM or the program. I can definitely respect these two that are close to him not taking the opportunity to say anything bad. Both of them said as coaches they respected GM decision to choose his guy and stick with him. 

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2019/10/inside-joey-gatewoods-decision-to-leave-auburn.html

That’s only because they are real men unlike Gus. Nuff said

On 10/31/2019 at 12:15 AM, Tigerbelle said:

It doesn't have to be all one or the other. Good Grief.  BOTH of those things hurt recruiting. All this negativity 24/7 gets out. People read here. It spills over. The media takes things verbatim from this site (without giving credit, btw) and publishes it.  That doesn't mean other things don't have an effect as well. I didn't see anyone claiming that all this Gus hate was the only thing that hurts recruiting......just that it DOES have some notable effect. Let's not twist things in the midst of all the angst.

I was team Gatewood all the way, and I disappointed that he didn't get the job as the starter, I hate to see him leave., but I support his decision. I'm also not surprised by it.  No one should be. This is college football now, and Auburn fans better get used to it no matter who the coach is in the future. There will be no stable of back-up players for most coaches. 

The media is in here. Probably some of those stirring crap up. 

Archived