Joey Gatewood (Update 10/30: Leaves the team)

Zeek

The Gus QB career graveyard adds another victim. Seriously, has any coach ever had such a disastrous cycle of QB failures?

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m never not going to cheer for Auburn don’t get me wrong. But I’m cheering for whatever team this guy goes to. Just got ****** over by either nepotism and/or ass brained coaching. Either/or I can’t support. 

1 hour ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I wouldnt be surprised if Joiner transferred with Williams, MAR, Whitlow, and Shivers already on the roster and Bigsby coming in.

you think bigsby still comes?

45 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

wow now some folks are saying joey was in tampa during the bye week. he is getting pounded pretty good and that makes me sad.

@aubiefifty If you are talking about the post on the SEC rent you do realize that post about him training in Tampa during the off week was a compliment to his work ethic right?

23 minutes ago, MCPeePants said:

Didn't they JUST write an article about how JG is "all in" and a true Auburn man?

I'm just playing devil's advocate here.  If I were in JG's shoes, I'm not sure what I'd do.

I hope he does what Jalen Hurts (and Kodi Burns) did. Continue to practice with, and cheer on your teammates and make it known that you will be ready when you’re needed. Jalen and Kodi cemented their legacies as great leaders and teammates with that approach. Then he can transfer in January. Or, he can walk away from this teammates and still have to finish the semester in school, then transfer in January. 

51 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus "taking back" play calling after last season should tell you all you need to know about his mind set. He thinks he is the solution to the offensive woes not the problem.........

yes you are right but you  saying that just makes me so angry

57 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Had to pop in when this broke and just whisper:

"My thread about Joey Gatewood being played by the AU Coaching Staff" that Fiddy called 'In poor taste' and some mod seemed to agree with doesn't seem crazy or in poor taste now huh?

Flex Out.

---------------

Btw, Prayers up for @aubiefifty, regardless of personal disagreements, no one should ever deal with personal tragedy and not have support.

That being said..... Don't be so hyperbolic all the time about things. That's all.

It was still poor taste to post even if it was true. I respect the hell out of you flex but the original post is something that needs to be sat on and avoided from posting on a public board until There are news stories about it. I think that’s what the MOD was getting at originally

3 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

I'm trying to maintain a little optimism here.

stick a fork in me for tonight guys i am done. too much worry. gonna chill and do something to clear my mind.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@aubiefifty If you are talking about the post on the SEC rent you do realize that post about him training in Tampa during the off week was a compliment to his work ethic right?

i sure did el. maybe i read i wrong but i did read where one guy was upset like me so i assumed it was legit. i know bad aubie.............but hey there is a lot of really dumb stuff i do not do now just do not ask me for a list..............and thanks

Now if we really want to talk about who's been saying this a long long time and people owe an apology then.....I was told I just want to argue and sprinkler contest.....I was told I was bashing players....I called out how people have been on some hypocritical stuff

Stuff said to flex was light work compared to stuff I got....a few hit me up and apologized though so it's all good

26 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Creepy...😳

Not creepy. Let me rephrase that I followed his recruitment. I did not stalk the kid.

The VP of the fan club is a joke with @aujeff11 and @cole256 (I think). There may be others that were in the fan club on here that left out. 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Now if we really want to talk about who's been saying this a long long time and people owe an apology then.....I was told I just want to argue and sprinkler contest.....I was told I was bashing players....I called out how people have been on some hypocritical stuff

Stuff said to flex was light work compared to stuff I got....a few hit me up and apologized though so it's all good

racism!

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It was still Portias to post even if it was true. Some decorum needs to be shown on public boards.

This I disagree with. Especially when there have been much worse. All I did was change the title from my original "Joey Gatewood Deserves a Fair Game" to "Joey Gatewood got Played like a fiddle by Auburn's Coaching Staff" which was 100% the truth and can be confirmed. 

No sort of incendiary language, hateful rhetoric, and the thread itself was TOP quality. Now, if the truth in none-to-explicit terms is ugly, thats the fault of the parties involved.

4 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Not creepy. Let me rephrase that I followed his recruitment. I did not stalk the kid.

The VP of the fan club is a joke with @aujeff11 and @cole256 (I think). There may be others that were in the fan club on here that left out. 

Just gigging you...no worries!

2 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

This I disagree with. Especially when there have been much worse. All I did was change the title from my original "Joey Gatewood Deserves a Fair Game" to "Joey Gatewood got Played like a fiddle by Auburn's Coaching Staff" which was 100% the truth and can be confirmed. 

No sort of incendiary language, hateful rhetoric, and the thread itself was TOP quality. Now, if the truth in none-to-explicit terms is ugly, thats the fault of the parties involved

A sharp knife cuts the quickest sir. I thought the post was 100% accurate, and found nothing about it in poor taste.

1 hour ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I figured he would transfer after the season if Bo took hold of the job and ran with it. Gus has been saying since the summer that he'll have a role in the offense, here we are heading into November and he's lucky to get 5 snaps a game. He probably feels similar to how Justin Fields felt last year and I totally get it.

this is almost the exact same situation except Fields played behind a real QB and went into it knowing he'd be playing from behind. Joey was ahead and and ended up behind because....Gus thinks allowing his dual threat QBs to run isnt smart? But yeah as the regular season goes, these are pretty similar. 

4 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Yes Jeff took over but we were on him pretty early and he impacted recruiting the way we planned. But some saw the writing on the wall but it still hurts

13 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

Our better work horse RBs on the team are getting touches so there’s no reason To think he won’t come... Barring a coaching change that is.

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

This just warms my heart, really happy your load has been liffted so.

Now this is creepy. This guy's feelings has literally been hurt for years now because he was wrong about what he thought a nickname meant. ...has been following me now for YEARS.  Pathetic

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Our better work horse RBs on the team are getting touches so there’s no reason To think he won’t come... Barring a coaching change that is.

i hope he comes either way, but ill happily give him up for a new HC.

9 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

No sort of incendiary language, hateful rhetoric, and the thread itself was TOP quality. Now, if the truth in none-to-explicit terms is ugly, thats the fault of the parties involved.

See my edited post to see if you agree or disagree still. Regardless that’s how mods like the board to be handled.

I don’t blame JG one bit if he moves on he should. This clown show of a coach needs to be fired now I’m tired of his fake a** lies and excuses and schizophrenic game management. Wish he’d stay to see who the next coach will be next year and maybe get a real shot. 

Archived