Joey Gatewood (Update 10/30: Leaves the team)

Zeek

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Don't blame him one bit.  Hope he tears it up somewhere else.

Maybe he will be a Jalen and win the Hiesman at another school and show the world Gus is nothing but a looser . 

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Cord the old baseball player . Just “gussing” 

I think Cord is QB2 now and Will Appleton and Trey Lindsey (had to look them up) will be fighting for that 3rd spot. 

...and I'm out. This was the last straw. Not watching any more until Gus is gone, and we pass the nightmare that will be next year's Offensive (so offensive) line, and no D-Line depth. He has destroyed more than he has helped, and that is a fact. I'll keep my focus, passion, and dollars for things that don't self-destruct, and double down while doing so; no toxic relationships with people, and Gus is now on that list. Can't wait to be proud of our WHOLE program, not just some players and our Defense. Love AU, hate what they've done. Gus may be a good person, but he's crap at coaching, now. That's it. This is on him. 

9 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Agree. here is my real gripe. Last spring Gus was raving about these two quarterbacks. He said both were good and both could run the team.

Gus said JJ was another Cam, also..soooooo

Just now, aucosby said:

I understand his frustrations and don’t blame him for pursuing other options but he should have finished the season. His decision to not finish the season and abandoning his teammates says a lot about his character.  

Disagree, when a grown man lies to your face, why would u have his back?

Whelp!!! And another thing I told everybody before the season started.....the only way you can lose a team is if you play a guy that don't deserve to be ahead of the other guys. Anybody ready to listen yet?

Everyone here is bent out of shape over a back up QB leaving and not a single one of us knows what is going on. I would have loved to have seen him get an opportunity while we were stuck in the mud against UF and LSU. At the same time GM while pretty inept at running an offense is not stupid. He is not intentionally trying to get fired by not playing the best players. He stands to gain a lot more by winning than getting fired and taking the buyout. It sucks having to watch the crap and I wish GM could get his crap together ( I doubt it at this point) but there is a reason JG wasn't playing.

There is a reason all of our ex coaches outside of Bowden live in the general area of Auburn. Tub's and Chizik came back after being fired to live in the area. I guarantee GM would much rather finish out his contract and retire here than be fired and get the chunk buyout. 

As far as Jeremy Johnson piping in on the situation he needs to keep his mouth shut. He was given every opportunity and could hack it. AU didn't ruin him or his chances and the only way he was starting anywhere would have been at an FCS school. 

Just now, aucosby said:

I understand his frustrations and don’t blame him for pursuing other options but he should have finished the season. His decision to not finish the season and abandoning his teammates says a lot about his character.  

Shut up. You don't get to speak about his character. You have no right, nor knowledge. The sad part is I bet you don't even understand how you writing this out shows the person whose character has questions is the author (you). Try thinking before you speak, try having some perspective before you type, and have a great day!

1 minute ago, aucosby said:

Lol I’m sorry but this is a trash take. You can’t abandon teammates when you’re not given a fair chance to be apart of the team. I can all but guarantee no player on this team feels abandoned. Joey stayed committed to Auburn for years and stayed through multiple coaching changes. He could have left at the start of the season when he lost the starting job but still stuck around. He has been GROSSLY mishandled. 

Look, lets stop hurling stones at each other, and throw where they need to thrown. We have a couple on here that have their heads up Malzahns butt, hey, thats okay and their right and their business. We need to support the team, but we also need to raise hell toward getting a change to the program. He is a college football fraud, and now its out there for all to see

I have been a Gus proponent for a long, long time.  This past weekend was the third year in a row that we should've beaten LSU.  With any other coach, we would be 8-0 right now with the most difficult schedule in the nation.  Now this?  Yes, Nix will eventually be a good QB.  But if he is struggling, Gatewood should've been put in.  He can run the read option and we've all seen it.  I am done with Gus.  I love my Alma Mater and will always support the players and the team, but I cannot support Gus any more.  The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results.  

Very disappointing that Gus just can't figure out roster management. I don't fault Joey at all. 

17 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Lol, figure JJ is the best person to give advice in this situation.

I know you and JJ mean well for the players but, I think Jeremy should have taken a few more English composition courses at AU.

Archived