Stumbled across this on Twitter this morning

AUDub

As anti-death penalty as I am, if Daniel Lewis Lee is guilty, and there is little doubt that he is, then the punishment is commensurate with the crime.

My question is, why isn't Chevie Kehoe (and anyone familiar with white supremacist circles is aware of the infamous Kehoe family) also facing the needle?

Even for an animal like Lee, it seems as though murdering an 8 year old girl was a step too far for what little humanity he had at that time. It wasn't for Kehoe.

Thoughts? 

Wow, I defer to you on all that. In the past you have been far more read on this stuff than I. 

Eight year old girl? I am tearing up a bit just reading that. What kind of sicko kills a child, for any reason?

28 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Wow, I defer to you on all that. In the past you have been far more read on this stuff than I. 

The Kehoes are downright celebrities in some circles. 

28 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Eight year old girl? I am tearing up a bit just reading that. What kind of sicko kills a child, for any reason?

The article in question:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/29/us/arkansas-federal-death-penalty.html

Does Daniel Lewis Lee deserve death for his crimes? I would argue that as an obvious yes, as close to a no-doubter as any case I've seen.

But you see, he doesn't "clean up nicely" like Kehoe does.

And here we have one of the many flaws of justice via the death penalty; its arbitrary and capricious application.

Lee probably deserves to die, even in spite of his hellish upbringing. That Kehoe is not on death row with him illustrates one of the flaws of capital punishment.

Looking for new threads/dialogue besides the present ones that are rampant...I found this one...and I read "Daniel Day Lewis" three times, dying inside, wondering what one of my favorite actors had done before I realized what I misread...🤪

But on subject...if you are anywhere near Montgomery and haven't checked out the Equal Justice Initiative's Legacy Museum, it is a must-experience.  So well done.  It's hard to view through the same lens afterwards.  Very complicated world in which we live.

https://museumandmemorial.eji.org

On 10/30/2019 at 11:18 AM, AUDub said:

The Kehoes are downright celebrities in some circles. 

The article in question:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/29/us/arkansas-federal-death-penalty.html

Does Daniel Lewis Lee deserve death for his crimes? I would argue that as an obvious yes, as close to a no-doubter as any case I've seen.

But you see, he doesn't "clean up nicely" like Kehoe does.

And here we have one of the many flaws of justice via the death penalty; its arbitrary and capricious application.

Lee probably deserves to die, even in spite of his hellish upbringing. That Kehoe is not on death row with him illustrates one of the flaws of capital punishment.

Yeah **** this dude. I wish the death penalty were more swift and cost effective when it's a guilty charge without an ounce of doubt. White supremist who killed this girl like a wannabe mafia member. It's not a rage/drug/accidental killing. This dude is garbage and doesn't deserve room and board until he passes away of old age. I agree it's not applied equally but take it case by case and try to work towards consistency.

I officially stopped supporting the death penalty when Susan Smith drove her kids into a dark murky lake and let them drown, but did not get sentenced to death.  If ever a person deserved it, she did. I researched it a lot, and the ‘pick and choose’ component of the death penalty turned me off. The way Lewis and Kehoe are treated differently is yet another example. 

• 7 months later...

Archived