Insiders insight gone

AURex

No more StatTiger. Okay he's trying to make a buck.? But where is Coach and his Things I think I saw? Maybe he didn't see anything vs LSU. I saw plenty, but I respect is insights. Where are the "insiders" who everyone seems to agree always know all the insider stuff.???? Crickets. Instead we got the various al.com crapola.

Waiting ......

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AURex said:

No more StatTiger. Okay he's trying to make a buck.? But where is Coach and his Things I think I saw? Maybe he didn't see anything vs LSU. I saw plenty, but I respect is insights. Where are the "insiders" who everyone seems to agree always know all the insider stuff.???? Crickets. Instead we got the various al.com crapola.

Waiting ......

An asshat mocked coach in the 'Things I think I saw' thread on the uf game. Coach left.

Seems another asshat called Malcom Flex out in a thread and he left. Taking with him the invaluable insight he provided since he actually played college football.

Can't have good things without someone jacking it up.

19 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

An asshat mocked coach in the 'Things I think I saw' thread on the uf game. Coach left.

Seems another asshat called Malcom Flex out in a thread and he left. Taking with him his invaluable insight he provided since he actually played college football.

Wow I was not aware of this. I hope said asshat got his ass chewed out. 

On 11/1/2019 at 9:04 PM, AURex said:

No more StatTiger. Okay he's trying to make a buck.? But where is Coach and his Things I think I saw?

Check the Auburn Football All Access Podcast for Coach JR's take each week.  I miss his "Things I thought I saw" as well. But the podcast is more in depth and is a weekly "Do not miss" for me.

51 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Wow I was not aware of this. I hope said asshat got his ass chewed out. 

That Kolchak guy.  Actually thought he was fairly cool, for the most part, but the whole Bo vs Joey thing, he seemed to take personally.   The way he chewed JMR because he dared to call a spade a spade (regarding Bo's performance in the UF game) made me wonder if he had other personal issues.  It was quite odd actually. 

Anyway,  he got himself the ban hammer, FWIW.

WDE is still around but doesn't post a lot. Hope I'm not wrong here, but I believe he said earlier Gus needed to win at least 1 of the big 4 games to keep his job. 0-2 so far. I think WDE is watching like the rest of us to see how the season plays out.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

That Kolchak guy.  Actually thought he was fairly cool, for the most part, but the whole Bo vs Joey thing, he seemed to take personally.   The way he chewed JMR because he dared to call a spade a spade (regarding Bo's performance in the UF game) made me wonder if he had other personal issues.  It was quite odd actually. 

Agree....interacted with him about Auburn's Bass Fishing Team and BBQ and he was quite pleasent.......I was shocked when I read his reply to JMR.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Guy became completely insufferable when it came to the QB race. He was basically spitting nonsense in the wind of facts, trolling is cool but he was just delusional

3 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Seems another asshat called Malcom Flex out in a thread and he left. Taking with him the invaluable insight he provided since he actually played college football.

Malcolm is still here I believe, at least as of yesterday. I dont think hes gonna be scared off by any one dude 

I used to have a premium membership to one of the major AU sites and I let it go. There were just as many jerks (if not more) on there trashing up the reading. In this modern day of "news reported when it happens" I have found the need for a premium membership to a talking head site to be a waste of funds, so even with the occasional jerks on here, I still love this forum. I do wish, however, they would keep their hands off of the knowledgeable posters who have graced our site in the past. I appreciate our mods addressing the issue by banning the most offensive abusers.

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

IDK what they stand to gain from continuing to report on these horrible offensive affairs. I hope Coach didnt waste money driving out to LSU either

He listens to every game on the radio first Out of superstition.  Then he watches it.  

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

He listens to every game on the radio first Out of superstition.  Then he watches it.  

Authentic old school right there. I used to read Coach back in the Alliance Sports days. Sorry to see him leave, he was the best at breaking things down into words non-coaches could understand.

Hopefully they'll stick around and won't be bullied by a few trolls or other posters with an attitude. 

Coach and Flex are a couple of a small group whose posts I make sure to read when I see them. 

44 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

I used to have a premium membership to one of the major AU sites and I let it go. There were just as many jerks (if not more) on there trashing up the reading. In this modern day of "news reported when it happens" I have found the need for a premium membership to a talking head site to be a waste of funds, so even with the occasional jerks on here, I still love this forum. I do wish, however, they would keep their hands off of the knowledgeable posters who have graced our site in the past. I appreciate our mods addressing the issue by banning the most offensive abusers.

Good stuff, Sully.  Out of reactions.  I visited a few of the kinds of sites you mentioned and, even besides everything being blocked, I wasn't impressed.  Even from a first-impression point of view, they were just ugly to look at, layout-wise, without reading a post.  The free ones were pablum.  It looks like a club...and I don't care enough to belong to it...although I think I do recognize a few names who used to post here...for free. 😂

10 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Good stuff, Sully.  Out of reactions.  I visited a few of the kinds of sites you mentioned and, even besides everything being blocked, I wasn't impressed.  Even from a first-impression point of view, they were just ugly to look at, layout-wise, without reading a post.  The free ones were pablum.  It looks like a club...and I don't care enough to belong to it...although I think I do recognize a few names who used to post here...for free. 😂

I rarely posted when I was on the pay site because the attitudes there made our forum look tame. Besides, I am just an old guy who has no inside insight into all things Auburn but I do appreciate this forum giving me the opportunity to post my non-knowledgeable thoughts and frustrations without fear (for the most part) of being blasted by a fellow poster. War Eagle!

:wareagle:

Maybe its get tiring hearing only the negative when your team is ranked 10th in the nation and everyone posts like we Arkansas. It's tiresome to read anything posted over here lately. 

Threads calling people "Gus apologists" if someone isn't ready to cut times with him

The place is nothing but i virtual space of late for people to post their rants. 

i miss the old forum.

1 hour ago, Sully to Beasley said:

I do wish, however, they would keep their hands off of the knowledgeable posters who have graced our site in the past. I appreciate our mods addressing the issue by banning the most offensive abusers.

Not regarding Coach or Stat.  But with some are they posting facts or opinions.   Opinions are what should be discussed or questioned.  

i never heard why ptb quit posting? or at least someone said he did.

I wouldn't ever consider myself an insider, but I do have some insight from an individual who is very, very plugged in with our Athletics Department. Tonight's game is the most important of CGM's tenure. AU vs LSU 2016 level. 

50 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I wouldn't ever consider myself an insider, but I do have some insight from an individual who is very, very plugged in with our Athletics Department. Tonight's game is the most important of CGM's tenure. AU vs LSU 2016 level. 

Afraid every game from here out is extremely important for him. Honestly, I know he gets paid a ton, but the pressure has to be terrible. 

Archived