Insiders insight gone

AURex

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

What do you want to hear that hasn't been said?

What would have to happen for a change to be made. A loss tonight would seal the deal, but ain't happening.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, shabby said:

and there should be expectations. the discussions should be based off of realistic expectations though and not hyperbole. Gatewood left the team and suddenly it's because Gus destroyed another qb due to incopetency. Meanwhile the truth is much more likely that Gus started the better of the two qbs and the problem lies with Qb development. yes their are areas where expectations aren't being met but there are areas where expectations are being surpassed. Recruiting and Defense. Fire Gus us screamed every year as if there is a savior waiting in the wings. Texas A and M comes to mind. be careful what you wish for comes to mind.  let's have expectations but damn wheres the perspective. Auburn almost beat the heat team in the nation last weekend in an hostile environment. we have a fair shout at finishing 9 and 3 with a freshman qb and one of the toughest schedules in the nation. we beat a top ten Oregon. but everything here sounds like we Arkansas

No Gus needs to learn in this new world of Portals you better figure a way to keep your #2 happy as well or you won’t have a number 2 . Again I don’t think this is all on Gus I think a lot is coming from the Nix family saw it in the spring as well. Joeys numbers were better than Bo’s in the spring game. Many players felt like Joey was as good if not better than Bo during the summer. Joey sits at 5 for 7 and two Tds no interceptions and 15o yards rushing . I think Pat is pushing Gus to play Bo. 

5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

No Gus needs to learn in this new world of Portals you better figure a way to keep your #2 happy as well or you won’t have a number 2 . Again I don’t think this is all on Gus I think a lot is coming from the Nix family saw it in the spring as well. Joeys numbers were better than Bo’s in the spring game. Many players felt like Joey was as good if not better than Bo during the summer. Joey sits at 5 for 7 and two Tds no interceptions and 15o yards rushing . I think Pat is pushing Gus to play Bo

If true, Pat needs to mind his own business and shame on Gus.

4 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Wonder how happy the old forum was with Tony Franklin?

I joined in 2010, Auburn Eagle. Middle of Cam-under-fire, and I felt an intense prayer burden for the team and program at large. Anything about the forum older than that is before me. My aforementioned break was due to "constant negativity" about this same situation about three years ago. I couldn't stand it then, but I understand it now.

If nothing has changed "griping"/"evaluatively"-wise, it's because nothing has changed. 

I have wanted to be in the middle. There is an Ecclesiastes moment for everything in life... the who, what, when, where, why, and how of it all. There's decorum in the middle, and it's easy to cross the line from both directions. But considering that some folks "got their way" three years ago into now, is it working? From pattern to projectory, is it working? 

The extension changed so very, very much. I do not believe it's helpless. I don't believe all is lost. I do believe things are ticking right along. War Eagle, now and forever. 

2 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Just a thought. We'll always miss some. And we can welcome others. Life seasons and changes of interest take folks away from time to time all the time. It will never be positive enough for some nor negative enough for others. What if, if we can't change it to suit us, we try to find what we can embrace or take a break. I've done it before. I survived! Board apparently did, too! 

Not only my favorite Beatle song but my Favorite period. 

as they say in bird country gus needs to quit squatting with his spirs on so to speak............lol

57 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Wonder how happy the old forum was with Tony Franklin?

If I remember correctly it started off with excitement of his offense and Tub's D, then hate for Franklin and many personal shots at him not just his coaching when that didn't work. It then flipped into a Tuberville and the BBQ wouldn't adapt and Franklin wasn't allowed to do what he wanted to do with the offense. Lots of meerkat memes and picture sigs also.

Despite all that the fan to fan interaction was alot more respectable. Not as much labeling and disdain for posters that didn't share or had a different point of view.

People appeared to enjoy the wins more also than they do now.

1 minute ago, WarTim said:

if you love the beatles there is a book out i think martinwrote about them and all the weird things they tried in the studio while recording. john demanded to be hung upside down and then he had folks spinning him while he sang. if you are interested i will look the name and the name of the writer up for you. i bought a great clean copy for two bucks and shipping. let me know.

30 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Mine, too, Fab Four. 

20 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:
59 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Mine, too, Fab Four. 

Before I was born, Mom & Dad lived in an area of Birmingham (East Lake, or something like that.  I think a mall was nearby....).  Anyway, they were coming home from going out and saw some guys walking down the road with a stereo and albums.  Dad says something to the effect of "that looks like our stuff".

Well, you guessed it.  It was.

Took dad years to recollect his Beatles collection.   But he did.

7 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Mine, too, Fab Four. 

Just a bit of trivia....George Martin played the piano on that song. 

Just now, AUsince72 said:

Before I was born, Mom & Dad lived in an area of Birmingham (East Lake, or something like that.  I think a small was nearby....).  Anyway, they were coming home from going out and saw some guys walking down the road with a stereo and albums.  Dad says something to the effect of "that looks like our stuff".

i lived for about a year or so as a rugrat at spring lake.nice houses with a small lake fed from a spring.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Before I was born, Mom & Dad lived in an area of Birmingham (East Lake, or something like that.  I think a mall was nearby....).  Anyway, they were coming home from going out and saw some guys walking down the road with a stereo and albums.  Dad says something to the effect of "that looks like our stuff".

I need the WOW button for this, @augolf1716 @TitanTiger if you consider adding more!!  72, I am so GLAD he got it back!!

19 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

An asshat mocked coach in the 'Things I think I saw' thread on the uf game. Coach left.

Seems another asshat called Malcom Flex out in a thread and he left. Taking with him the invaluable insight he provided since he actually played college football.

Can't have good things without someone jacking it up.

I hate like hell to lose Coach and Malcom’s insight and their great ability to break down the games.  Two effing clowns running off their mouths two of our best posters on this board. 😡

Just now, Martinisat5 said:

And sometime I just want The Dave Clark 5

They're great, too!

Archived