Friday noon in a small Alabama town

Mikey

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

In the past.....it was fun here. There was hope at one point that things would calm down. I don't think anyone hates the forum or even said such a thing. What you don't want to understand is that this negative nastiness has gotten out of hand and other posters want a little relief. Those attempts to have something fun always get corrupted by the Gus haters. 

I could ask the same question....if a poster dislikes Gus to the point that it makes him this angry .....why keep bringing it up all the time and why delve into it constantly?  Why not step away? Or why not stay on a thread where all of you can wallow in the negativity and leave other posters alone? Why does it have to spread to the whole board? Why do you think you have to be accommodated to the detriment of the rest of the posters who may not want to see it everywhere? 

There should have been room for everyone. But that is not what's happened here.

Correct post throughout. Just look at the threads on the first page of this football forum. The few that don't start out whining and cry babying about Gus turn into that before the middle of the first page. Back in baseball season there were Gus bashing posts in the baseball forum, and there were several in the basketball forum when it was basketball season. Is enough never enough for the bashers?

I have never used the "ignore" feature. It's simple enough to scroll over posts by people whose opinion I don't value. As time passes, I find myself skipping over more and more posters. The whiners have become boring with their 24/7/365 negativism.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Correct post throughout. Just look at the threads on the first page of this football forum. The few that don't start out whining and cry babying about Gus turn into that before the middle of the first page. Back in baseball season there were Gus bashing posts in the baseball forum, and there were several in the basketball forum when it was basketball season. Is enough never enough for the bashers?

I have never used the "ignore" feature. It's simple enough to scroll over posts by people whose opinion I don't value. As time passes, I find myself skipping over more and more posters. The whiners have become boring with their 24/7/365 negativism.

E60B3E73-9CFD-4036-9CF5-C803F1CAA149.jpeg

When 90% of the active posters disapprove of Gus’s job performance, not the person, it is gonna take over the conversation one way or the other.

this is an opinion forum, not Fox News that tells you what you wanna hear instead of reality.

when a mod creates a thread about eating crow after one good game against the worst team in the SEC he stoked that fire even more.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Back in baseball season there were Gus bashing posts in the baseball forum

That was me, I’ll own up to that.  What you didn’t mention is that I praised Thompson’ handling of reporting injuries of his players and wished Gus did the same.  Wellllll, Gus must have taken a lesson from Butch as he doesn’t discuss when we might see them play again this year and I praise Gus for it in another thread.

Out of context bashing is what keeps this board interesting.  Everybody does it, even you.

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

As far as proud tiger he once posted a racial slur at me......I didn't make a big deal but I didn't want him to talk to me anymore.....and we went a very long time without that and now all of a sudden he's posting at me all the time.....I don't know what's up with that but I'd appreciate a mod setting it back the way it used to be with no contact as I don't have anything to say to him.

I will say this is who some of you are lining yourself up with and liking his posts and whatnot......pretty hypocritical

Why don't you tell the whole story and stop whining?

47 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Why don't you tell the whole story and stop whining?

Oh ok.....I called him dude so he called me a racial slur....that fixed it! Everybody will understand now lol

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Oh ok.....I called him dude so he called me a racial slur....that fixed it! Everybody will understand now lol

So the dude got upset because you called him a dude?  Geeze, what would have happened if you had said, c’mon, man?

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

That was me, I’ll own up to that.  What you didn’t mention is that I praised Thompson’ handling of reporting injuries of his players and wished Gus did the same.  Wellllll, Gus must have taken a lesson from Butch as he doesn’t discuss when we might see them play again this year and I praise Gus for it in another thread.

Out of context bashing is what keeps this board interesting.  Everybody does it, even you.

Then you're an idiot. Gus is not obligated to disclose injuries to you. The less he reveals then the less Auburn's opponents can prepare. 

Baseball is a totally different sport with different parameters for the coach.  BTW.......the baseball coach never really revealed what was wrong with our catcher 3-4 years ago. No one knew until later that he had a virus. Maybe that kid wanted privacy. 

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Then you're an idiot. Gus is not obligated to disclose injuries to you. The less he reveals then the less Auburn's opponents can prepare. 

Baseball is a totally different sport with different parameters for the coach.  BTW.......the baseball coach never really revealed what was wrong with our catcher 3-4 years ago. No one knew until later that he had a virus. Maybe that kid wanted privacy. 

“Then you're an idiot”

Thats not very Auburn southern belle of you ma’am...and who was accusing folks of being rude and a bully? Hmmmm

19 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

So the dude got upset because you called him a dude?  Geeze, what would have happened if you had said, c’mon, man?

woahhh woohhh wohhhh we cannot have that kind of language around here sir!

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

The bolded part was what I was arguing in the baseball thread.  Gus has no obligation and shouldn’t be obligated to disclose injuries to anyone.  I personally don’t care to know what the injury is, just that the player is ready to play when he is healed.  In the past Gus was too forth coming as to injury updates and prognostications as to when the player will play (remember the infamous “day to day” remarks about Carl Lawson?).  He now has changed a bit as no one knew Boobee would play in the LSU game until a day or two before.  In fact, the original guess was he would be out 4 to 6 weeks.

Oh, and privacy is what should be primary, not the need to know by the media or fans no matter what sport we are talking about.

It was a nice touch starting your post out that way.

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

When 90% of the active posters disapprove of Gus’s job performance, not the person, it is gonna take over the conversation one way or the other.

this is an opinion forum, not Fox News that tells you what you wanna hear instead of reality.

when a mod creates a thread about eating crow after one good game against the worst team in the SEC he stoked that fire even more.

The "active posters" have dwindled down because it is very boring to see the same old whining and complaining and nastiness constantly. You're mostly the only ones left and that's why you're in the majority.  Same old same old 24/7 by the same posters. 

It is very much like Fox News here. One side of hate and negativity has taken over, and it has become it's own worst enemy because it has lost perspective. You only want to see posts that are about bashing Gus so you turn completely unrelated topics into something hating on him anyway. 

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

The bolded part was what I was arguing in the baseball thread.  Gus has no obligation and shouldn’t be obligated to disclose injuries to anyone.  I personally don’t care to know what the injury is, just that the player is ready to play when he is healed.  In the past Gus was too forth coming as to injury updates and prognostications as to when the player will play (remember the infamous “day to day” remarks about Carl Lawson?).  He now has changed a bit as no one knew Boobee would play in the LSU game until a day or two before.  In fact, the original guess was he would be out 4 to 6 weeks.

Oh, and privacy is what should be primary, not the need to know by the media or fans no matter what sport we are talking about.

It was a nice touch starting your post out that way.

No. You just want to be right.  That's more important to you than the ability to see that there are reasons coaches decline to satisfy your curiosity. I stand by my comment. Sometimes things are just none of your business for reasons you don't comprehend. That's on you.

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

The "active posters" have dwindled down because it is very boring to see the same old whining and complaining and nastiness constantly. You're mostly the only ones left and that's why you're in the majority.  Same old same old 24/7 by the same posters. 

It is very much like Fox News here. One side of hate and negativity has taken over, and it has become it's own worst enemy because it has lost perspective. You only want to see posts that are about bashing Gus so you turn completely unrelated topics into something hating on him anyway. 

You literally just called a guy an idiot and last night you were on your high horse because you THOUGHT somebody called you dramatic.....

You can't make this stuff up!

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Just because people don’t agree w you doesn’t make it hate. I don’t like MSNBC. Doesn’t mean I hate you. People can have varying opinions. There’s nothing wrong w that. 

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

No. You just want to be right.  That's more important to you than the ability to see that there are reasons coaches decline to satisfy your curiosity. I stand by my comment. Sometimes things are just none of your business for reasons you don't comprehend. That's on you.

Please read my response one more time.  This response does not seem to line up with what I wrote.

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Please read my response one more time.  This response does not seem to line up with what I wrote.

Gus triggers delusional behavior at times.

Just now, doug3020 said:

Just because people don’t agree w you doesn’t make it hate. I don’t like MSNBC. Doesn’t mean I hate you. People can have varying opinions. There’s nothing wrong w that. 

Good Grief....

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I can comprehend just fine. And yes it does. Gus, nor any coach, owes any explanation of what they choose to say or  not say, about injuries to anyone, including you. Is that plain enough for you?  Injury reports are done the way they are for reasons you don't understand. 

And once again.....baseball has different strategies than football. The coaches will handle some things in a much different way. And athletes all have different feelings about what they want to become public, and when. 

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Gus triggers delusional behavior at times.

The delusional ones being the ones who don't join in the mob mentality according to you apparently....

This poster is defending taking the Gus hate poison to the baseball forum where it was not welcomed by the majority of posters there. There's nothing delusional about what took place.

18 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You are accusing me of a lot of things here.   There are plenty of constructive conversations on the board talking X’s and O’s, applauding how great our defense and individual players have been.   People are upset because they love Auburn and see the opportunity to be so much better and it hurts.   Sadly some people like you call that hate and bashing and lump everybody into a smaller group which is narrow minded.  Very few show hate, many show frustration.  It is important to understand the difference and the why.   

I love everything about this team from the players to the coaches to the attitude of the team.  Our offensively system has been flawed for years and we have not evolved it and for that I feel a change is needed and I will vent my frustration. 

59 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

EXACTLY. But as you saw by him saying tell the whole story he feels that he is justified.....if anybody should have gotten a ban he's the guy. All of a sudden he's back to his old stuff wanting me to interact with him. 

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

You are accusing me of a lot of things here.   There are plenty of constructive conversations on the board talking X’s and O’s, applauding how great our defense and individual players have been.   People are upset because they love Auburn and see the opportunity to be so much better and it hurts.   Sadly some people like you call that hate and bashing and lump everybody into a smaller group which is narrow minded.  Very few show hate, many show frustration.  It is important to understand the difference and the why.   

I love everything about this team from the players to the coaches to the attitude of the team.  Our offensively system has been flawed for years and we have not evolved it and for that I feel a change is needed and I will vent my frustration. 

Ugh huh......I'm accusing you. Just highlighting your points. You brought that stuff up. Fox News and all is only OK for you to use?

And just to clarify......the problem is not that people are frustrated and need to vent. The problem is that the ugliness has just consumed everything and it just never stops. And also.....that perspective has been completely lost, and players themselves were being bashed. 

18 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Evidently not.

No....you just feel entitled to information about injuries being released in a way that makes you happy. 

So you started bashing Gus in a forum that was totally unrelated to football, and got called out on it at that time.

That's it in a nutshell.

Archived