Official Ole Miss Game Thread

abw0004

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

NONE of the booing is (or should be, at least) directed at either the players or the defensive staff.

It's all on Gus

No doubt

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Nix has 237 yards, a bunch of drops, a fumble lost, and 1 poor throw. He is playing fine. 

the offense is so choppy it is hard to watch. So many subs and weird play calls.  

I'm actually really pleased with Bo for the most part. Our "offensive guru" however...

Just now, DAG said:

Damn they are booing? Goodbye Gus. After seeing UGA today I can’t see ya with a victory in that 

one would think with ole miss close he would go for it. who gets the ball back? i missed that earlier.

If we screw around and lose this game run Gus out of town. If we barely win this game... what the hell run Gus out of town anyways 😂

Just now, aubiefifty said:

one would think with ole miss close he would go for it. who gets the ball back? i missed that earlier.

We deferred. So we get it out of half 

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Oh I agree.  But some of the play calls have been there tonight.  

Yeah I was liking the quick routes and spread formations. Not sure where that went lol.

DJ and Joiner need more touches.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Damn they are booing? Goodbye Gus. After seeing UGA today I can’t see ya with a victory in that 

Dude, I watched us boo Tubs in 2003.  He was our coach for 5 more seasons.  He ain't gone because of that.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

Auburn

13 minutes ago, Zeek said:

really like the jacket Gus is wearing tonight.

Let's make sure he packs it on his way out.😁 

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yeah I'm saying Gus > Bo on the blame scale. Dude can't keep taking huge shots on 3rd and manageable.

Huge shots? You mean downfield? If so...those downfield shots are be design in a run/play action offense. QB and receivers have to complete 'em.  (If you mean Bo getting plastered by the D, that doesn't happen all that much does it?)

1 minute ago, Auctoritas said:

What did the coach do? Offense was moving up and down the field. Over 300 yards of offense. QB overthrows, people not making catches, missed FGs... that's not on Gus. Blame where it is due, but it's not been a badly called game.

Um, ok man...what are you drinking btw? Are there unicorns where you are? 

Just now, tbone1430 said:

If we screw around and lose this game run Gus out of town. If we barely win this game... what the hell run Gus out of town anyways 😂

If we won by 70 I'd still help pack up his office. He doesn't have to leave town. Like the former coaches before him (Chiz and Tubbs) I'm sure he loves Auburn and will continue to represent us well and respectably. He can live in the city as long as he wants... just needs to not be our Head Ball Coach. It would be cool if he went to South Alabama and built a Sun Belt (or whatever conference they play in) juggernaut.

This is just how I thought AU would play.   Knew it was going to be sluggish.   If it continues, AU might lose.   I think the odds of which team will make the mistake belongs to AU.   Playing very tight.   The closer the game the longer Plumlee gets to play and he is the one that will hurt the defense the most

1 minute ago, CleCoTiger said:

Huge shots? You mean downfield? If so...those downfield shots are be design in a run/play action offense. QB and receivers have to complete 'em.  (If you mean Bo getting plastered by the D, that doesn't happen all that much does it?)

You don't take huge downfield shots on 3rd and 4.  It's stupid to suggest otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Dude, I watched us boo Tubs in 2003.  He was our coach for 5 more seasons.  He ain't gone because of that.

I guess you missed where I said we weren’t beating UGA?

1 minute ago, CleCoTiger said:

Big passes down the field on 3rd and medium. Get the first down. If you're going to take the low percentage shot to keep teams honest do it on first or second down.

I literally have zero feelings in regard to Auburn football right now. If we win, whatever. If we lose, whatever. It takes a lot to do that to a fan base. I was honestly more excited about an exhibition basketball game that I couldn’t even watch than I have been about football this season. 

2 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Um, ok man...what are you drinking btw? Are there unicorns where you are? 

I feel you bro. I'm not even arguing with anybody tonight. I'm too frustrated there's no telling what I might say

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

Well, to be fair, Tubs beat bama and then went 14-0....

Right? Apples to oranges. 

Archived