Post Game Thread

Farmer Brown

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

You see how offended you seem to be that the players said something about this....even though they didn't call you in particular out? That's all I am saying man. These are 20 year old kids who love AU and love their coach regardless of how we feel. They arent saying things that arent true. The stadium was dead tonight. 

No I just think it’s bs that players want to call out the fans as the problem when the problem is at the helm. That’s all.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Players actively negatively recruiting. That’s works.

Negatively recruiting? By what the tweets that have been posted say? You don't think recruits at the game witnessing what is supposed to be a good in-game atmosphere...you don't think that is actively negatively recruiting?  Come on man. 

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

Negatively recruiting? By what the tweets that have been posted say? You don't think recruits at the game witnessing what is supposed to be a good in-game atmosphere...you don't think that is actively negatively recruiting?  Come on man. 

It’s ole freakin miss. If this happens at UGA or Alabama, I can see it. This game should’ve been over at half anyway but we made it a close game 

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

College kids have better things to do than watch frustration. Sorry if the players get offended by it. This wouldn’t happen in a big game

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

It’s ole freakin miss. If this happens at UGA or Alabama, I can see it. This game should’ve been over at half anyway but we made it a close game 

Agree....should have been, but it wasn't. So we ditch them halfway through because the game didn't go as we planned....yea that works.

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Agree....should have been, but it wasn't. So we ditch them halfway through because the game didn't go as we planned....yea that works.

I’m sorry, if u expect a bunch of college kids to stick around and not go to a party or a bar in a lost season as far as playoff aspirations, facing a bad team, idk what to tell you.

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

So this wasn't a big game? I get what you are saying here....LMAO I can't continue this conversation any further. Have a good night. War Damn Eagle. I hope our stadium and fans show up for the players rest of the way be damned about CGM

3-5 ole miss was not a big game no, 90% of students in this day an age see games as a social experience, they don’t view it the way we do on this board and people need to realize that. Anyways, have a good night and war eagle

20 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

We always supprort the players 100% just wish they would open their eyes to this tomfoolery. They didn’t have to come out and say all this mess. Almost seems like gus urged them to

I've been to two games this year. People are not yelling  for example "It's OK Nix... Gus isn't coaching you right". They are yelling "WTF Nix make the throw you suck".

While there are plenty that do as you say and leave it with Gus, there are plenty that bash the players. Maybe not here but they are out there.

Was it Derrick Brown on the end? Dude was jumping up and down waving his arms trying to get some crowd support and the response was meh.

Just now, Texan4Auburn said:

I've been to two games this year. People are not yelling  for example "It's OK Nix... Gus isn't coaching you right". They are yelling "WTF Nix make the throw you suck".

While there are plenty that do as you say and leave it with Gus, there are plenty that bash the players. Maybe not here but they are out there.

Was it Derrick Brown on the end? Dude was jumping up and down waving his arms trying to get some crowd support and the response was meh.

Gotta say, I will always love DB he has given everything in his being to AU and we will never be able to repay him for that debt. So many are just so burnt out on the man in charge and honestly I feel bad that it has to leak down to the players, that they feel responsible. That’s the crappy part 

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Gotta say, I will always love DB he has given everything in his being to AU and we will never be able to repay him for that debt. So many are just so burnt out on the man in charge and honestly I feel bad that it has to leak down to the players, that they feel responsible. That’s the crappy part 

Player is always going to feel responsible. When I was a college athlete I never blamed anything on my coach. It was my execution.

Mean I remember Osbourne and Nebraska using the same offense they had for like 20 years and completely destroying Steve Spurrier in all areas.

1 minute ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Player is always going to feel responsible. When I was a college athlete I never blamed anything on my coach. It was my execution.

Mean I remember Osbourne and Nebraska using the same offense they had for like 20 years and completely destroying Steve Spurrier in all areas.

Out reactions. I understand the sentiment! But to me they were better off just doing them. I understand they’re frustrated 100%, but just do u and let’s go into UGA and see what things are like. 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Out reactions. I understand the sentiment! But to me they were better off just doing them. I understand they’re frustrated 100%, but just do u and let’s go into UGA and see what things are like. 

You know what things will be like fam! lol. LETS KEEP RUNNING UP THE MIDDLE!

rewrew.gif

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

If the players feel so offended why don’t they show it on the field? Wouldn’t a better response be an apology for the awful performance?

Yeah! We're AUBURN FANS damnit! We want players that apologize for wins! (For losses, it's firing squads at dawn. We're TOUGH!!!!)  LOL's!

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

That is all I was trying to say as well Mav. I guess they articulated it better than I.

Fwiw Auburn posted on instagram this week that this game was a sellout. Not many schools would sell out a game at this point in the season against this year's Ole Miss team. We did. War Eagle!

9 hours ago, AUinGA44 said:

After tonight, I just want to beat UGA. I truly don’t care if we lose to Bama by 30, have a nail biter vs Samford and get smoked in a bowl game. Just want to put UGA out of playoff contention and get ready for round ball season.

This. My hatred for all things UGA cant be adequately put into words. 

10 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I state now, if gus is back next year HE WILL NOY GET MY HOPES UP. I’m done

He has never given me hope.  When this shitshow really started to slide in 2015 I kept saying it was Gus and his pedestrian high school offense but the eternal optimists on the board kept saying all he needs is a DT quarterback (although no one would explain to me why he would run an offense that he did not have the personnel to run it). Anyway I'd like to see what the eternal optimists have to say now.

Gus had the a clown car disguised a a Gus bus that Leath did not recognize until too late.  Gus is driving the clown car with its beep beep horn and Gus is happy to beep beep that horn to the tune of $27 mil.

Our guys should look at crowd attendance at some of these other schools. That was just part of the stadium and judging noise level towards the end of the game there was still enough people there to make a pretty big noise difference. This would literally be the first game these guys have played that they’ve witnessed poor crowd attendance. Typically speaking Auburn usually has pretty consistent attendance. Even in 2012 attendance was good. I totally get where they are coming from but I’m not sure what they want from fans. 

Anyone remember Hugh Freeze's offense at Ole Miss a few years ago when they had a good group of receivers and a QB that was above average with the ability to get 15-20 yards on a scramble? 

Pair that with a Kevin Steele defense and that's what we should look like this season, not whatever we watched last night. 

We have a chance to have that next season, but not with our current coach...

7 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

No I just think it’s bs that players want to call out the fans as the problem when the problem is at the helm. That’s all.

Yep, maybe we should be asking WHY the stadium is dead and WHO is causing the frustration...hint...it ain’t the players...

31 minutes ago, Carnell said:

He has never given me hope.  When this shitshow really started to slide in 2015 I kept saying it was Gus and his pedestrian high school offense but the eternal optimists on the board kept saying all he needs is a DT quarterback (although no one would explain to me why he would run an offense that he did not have the personnel to run it). Anyway I'd like to see what the eternal optimists have to say now.

Gus had the a clown car disguised a a Gus bus that Leath did not recognize until too late.  Gus is driving the clown car with its beep beep horn and Gus is happy to beep beep that horn to the tune of $27 mil.

Most of the eternal optimists are still making excuses 4 years later. 

Archived