Post Game Thread

Farmer Brown

12 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

So you're saying we need to get better...mmmmmmkay.

Yep and that’s what Gus will tell you to but you’ll have to talk to him about specifics. But I do think we started playing better on offense and the more reps (plays) Bo has the better he will get and since he leads the offense the offense as a whole will get better. Like JB Grimes will tell you the only way to get experience, is to get experience.

• WarTiger changed the title to Post Game Thread

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Yeah! We're AUBURN FANS damnit! We want players that apologize for wins! (For losses, it's firing squads at dawn. We're TOUGH!!!!)  LOL's!

Whether or not a performance is good or bad isn’t determined by wins or losses. Football is a form of entertainment and fans are expressing they’re not entertained. You know what I mean.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Whether or not a performance is good or bad isn’t determined by wins or losses. Football is a form of entertainment and fans are expressing they’re not entertained. You know what I mean.

That Cleco guy is a little unhinged eh?  How dare fans react emotionally to something? Fans= Fanatics...its kinda right there in the name. Nobodys booing the players but i tell ya if I were a parent of a defensive player on this team...I might have a hard time not booing watching my son play his butt off while the offensive looks like cow poo.

11 hours ago, DAG said:

This has nothing to do with the game but it’s a dang shame how much growth Rhett has as an OC now. 

Interestingly enough, we saw glimpses of it in 2016 when he took over play calling from Gus after the Texas A&M game.  I don’t think he had much say during the 2016 UGA game and beyond that year.

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

It's like Gus has them under a spell. What do you expect? No one to complain? The reason we are so upset and critical is because of our Iove for AU and where we think it should be. Some of us "couch players and coaches" can figure out not to do some of the utterly idiotic things our coach does.

4 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Yep and that’s what Gus will tell you to but you’ll have to talk to him about specifics. But I do think we started playing better on offense and the more reps (plays) Bo has the better he will get and since he leads the offense the offense as a whole will get better. Like JB Grimes will tell you the only way to get experience, is to get experience.

Everything you say is true.

It wasn't pretty, but I'd rather have an ugly win than any loss.  There were some things I liked, though.

1. Derrick Brown's open field tackling skills 😳...coming off the sideline and leveling the Ole Miss RB. Rich Rod's reaction in the Ole Miss booth was priceless.  DB looked spry for a big man.  Hustling to get on the field to replace Big Kat before the snap was great stuff.

2. DJ Williams has a knack for finding any crease to get yardage and pushes the pile forward when he's tackled.  He's a good one.

3. The wheel route may be Harold Joiner's "thing."  Reminds me of when Carl Stewart made big plays with the wheel route back in the Tuberville days.

2 hours ago, hutchids said:

Wrong choice of words. Nobody hates Gus Malzahn. We hate that he coaches AU football. Big difference

I took some folks to this game,  they had never been to a SEC game before.  First off, we did not entirely prepare for the chillyness at the upper altitudes of J-H.   It was cold.  Im pretty sure I saw the F-22s go BELOW us at the opening ceremony.  BTW-  Incredible opening for Mil App Day.  Many thanks to all.  My daughter saw Tiger Walk and Spirit fly for the first time.  She  was entranced.  That was all I wanted, all else is gravy.

All of us enjoyed the game, despite the fact we we were in "H" section ( "H for Hypoxia").    Only one vendor got to our level the entire game, and he needed oxygen at the summit.

All of us loved the halftime show, esp the veterans and their stories.  My father was a B-24 Liberator nose gunner over Germany in WWII.  He passed in 2013, and i still have "gone" moments today.   The bravest man I ever knew.  So i was quite choked up with the show.  It was so well done.  My thanks to everyone there who made it possible.   A wonderful and respectful show, which I knew was exactly what AU would produce ❤️

The game?   Ummm.....a functional win, but let's face it.   Ole Sis is hanging on the lower fringes of the SEC East, badly.   Luke is an imposter of a coach (IMO).   AU didnt embarrass themselves, but this should have been a beatdown, esp at home.  Just my opinion.   I dont know.  I love a win, of course.  But....this should have been a stomping.  It wasnt.

BLUF:   Loved the weather, we walked all ovr campus, I bought my daughter bunches of AU gear,  went to Toomers, enjoyed a (cold) game. 

WAR EAGLE!!!!

(disclaimer:  my dad was a Ole  Miss grad, Class of 1953.  The first of our family to go to college.)

19 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

I took some folks to this game,  they had never been to a SEC game before.  First off, we did not entirely prepare for the chillyness at the upper altitudes of J-H.   It was cold.  Im pretty sure I saw the F-22s go BELOW us at the opening ceremony.  BTW-  Incredible opening for Mil App Day.  Many thanks to all.  My daughter saw Tiger Walk and Spirit fly for the first time.  She  was entranced.  That was all I wanted, all else is gravy.

All of us enjoyed the game, despite the fact we we were in "H" section ( "H for Hypoxia").    Only one vendor got to our level the entire game, and he needed oxygen at the summit.

All of us loved the halftime show, esp the veterans and their stories.  My father was a B-24 Liberator nose gunner over Germany in WWII.  He passed in 2013, and i still have "gone" moments today.   The bravest man I ever knew.  So i was quite choked up with the show.  It was so well done.  My thanks to everyone there who made it possible.   A wonderful and respectful show, which I knew was exactly what AU would produce ❤️

The game?   Ummm.....a functional win, but let's face it.   Ole Sis is hanging on the lower fringes of the SEC East, badly.   Luke is an imposter of a coach (IMO).   AU didnt embarrass themselves, but this should have been a beatdown, esp at home.  Just my opinion.   I dont know.  I love a win, of course.  But....this should have been a stomping.  It wasnt.

BLUF:   Loved the weather, we walked all ovr campus, I bought my daughter bunches of AU gear,  went to Toomers, enjoyed a (cold) game. 

WAR EAGLE!!!!

(disclaimer:  my dad was a Ole  Miss grad, Class of 1953.  The first of our family to go to college.)

I love every part of this.  I am always interested in what the on-the-ground folks say.  So much truth here.  Sounds like good memories no matter what...and can't say enough wonderful things about the work the band puts in and the whole planning team to make Military Appreciation Day so successful.  Thank you for painting a picture that really shows the ups and downs of yesterday...yet it underscores what can never be taken away...FAMILY MEMORIES.

10 hours ago, Carnell said:

He has never given me hope.  When this shitshow really started to slide in 2015 I kept saying it was Gus and his pedestrian high school offense but the eternal optimists on the board kept saying all he needs is a DT quarterback (although no one would explain to me why he would run an offense that he did not have the personnel to run it). Anyway I'd like to see what the eternal optimists have to say now.

Gus had the a clown car disguised a a Gus bus that Leath did not recognize until too late.  Gus is driving the clown car with its beep beep horn and Gus is happy to beep beep that horn to the tune of $27 mil.

hmmmm......so were you under a different name? It's easy to say I said something years ago or I saw this coming...but You have been here since May 31st? Just curious. Asking for a friend. LOL

I was at the game. It was lackluster. We had several WR drops early. The fans were in it pretty well most of the game. It's just the offense is so inept that it becomes difficult to continue to get up for the D just to watch the O completely squander the opportunities time after time. They don't even know what they want to be on that side of the ball.

It isn't Bo's fault. It's the fault of the leadership, and that begins and ends with Gus. 

3 hours ago, EagleEye67 said:

I lol'd.  The rest of your post was great too.

12 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

hmmmm......so were you under a different name? It's easy to say I said something years ago or I saw this coming...but You have been here since May 31st? Just curious. Asking for a friend. LOL

Yes not sure about the may 31 but that sounds correct.  how did you know

Archived