Mike Norvell

Swamp Eagle

Don’t care for him just because I think there are better options out there. JMO. 

Not much of an opinion of him either way (would need to do some research) but isn't he a Gus disciple? 

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Not much of an opinion of him either way (would need to do some research) but isn't he a Gus disciple? 

I don't know about disciple, he was an on-field analyst, maybe? He seems to be adept at running an offense. Not politicking for him, just wondering if he would be someone to keep an eye on.

1 hour ago, tbone1430 said:

Don’t care for him just because I think there are better options out there. JMO. 

Bob Stoops ain't coming. He done said so...😏

2 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

THe fact he said that makes me think it is even more likely it happens if Auburn would ever ish and get off the pot.

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Anyone else think he'd be a great fit if we ever pay Gus to leave?

Well he has lost 3 straight bowl games. We love our coaches who stink in bowl games! haha

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

Seriously, I prefer a younger up and comer. Stoops is getting up there.

Stoops is 59. I prefer the best coach we can possibly get. I am done with training wheel coaches.

Norvell has gone 8-5 and 8-6 with a 10 win season before this year. We already have a coach that wins 8 games a year. Again even other than stoops I think there are better options out there. And stoops wouldn’t be my first choice anyways. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Arkansas will snatch him up if he can get his gambling problems under control. 

They would have to pay him a hell of a lot money. Which they can do with walmart and jerry jones money. But damn Arkansas is one of the worst power 5 jobs in the country when it comes to the here and now. It is a major rebuild of several years. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Mark Stoops is 52, and possibly whom he was talking about. 

I doubt it. It amazes me after the poo poo platter of coaches we have hired that people turn their noses up at Bob effin Stoops. This board seems to have a weird disdain for him.

Well....ole Bobby does let his star running back smack the $%^ out of a girl in a sandwich shop and then looks the other way.  Just sayin'....

19 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I do believe that but...

Screenshot_20191103-183827~2.png

15 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I do believe that but...

Screenshot_20191103-183827~2.png

The worst game of poker ever.

4 minutes ago, Never2Yield said:

The worst game of poker ever.

Yep. He wasn't going to be just the Alabama coach, he was going to be THE Alabama coach. 

21 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I doubt it. It amazes me after the poo poo platter of coaches we have hired that people turn their noses up at Bob effin Stoops. This board seems to have a weird disdain for him.

Well, I went to Auburn, my sister to Oklahoma State, my parents to Auburn along with several other family members, and my gf to Texas. I turn my nose up to all things that come in red and white.

When I was a kid my mother suggested we leave milk and cookies out for Santa.... I was confused. I thought we were suppose to leave Jack Daniels, Coke, and Golden-flakes out in the hopes that Santa fell out of the sleigh.

On 11/3/2019 at 12:55 AM, GwillMac6 said:

They would have to pay him a hell of a lot money. Which they can do with walmart and jerry jones money. But damn Arkansas is one of the worst power 5 jobs in the country when it comes to the here and now. It is a major rebuild of several years. 

He and his wife are from Arkansas which is probably why there's so much talk about him possibly going there, but off the field issues (rumors of gambling and hooking up with coeds) have scared teams away in the past.

We are abysmal but we also are just 15 points away from being 5-4 so a good coach can go a long way in winning a few close games. There's no reason other than coaching why we should be able to play @ Kentucky and A&M down to the wire but lose to San Jose State and Mississippi State on homecoming by 30. With how many freshmen we have the next coach should at least have a decent base to build on, but it will still take a while.

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

@gohogs14 Is there no sentiment for giving Chad Morris another year or two to build his program? I thought he was a solid hire for Arky when it was announced.

Not at all. He's had more different starting QBs (six) than total wins (four). And then he does dumb stuff like this: https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/column-arkansas-morris-have-quietly-botched-the-new-redshirt-rule

His OC and OL coach were both GAs at Clemson 5 years ago. The staff as a whole outside of a few are just awful and now his recruiting is falling off.

9 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

Not at all. He's had more different starting QBs (six) than total wins (four). And then he does dumb stuff like this: https://arkansas.rivals.com/news/column-arkansas-morris-have-quietly-botched-the-new-redshirt-rule

His OC and OL coach were both GAs at Clemson 5 years ago. The staff as a whole outside of a few are just awful and now his recruiting is falling off.

A team can't redshirt everybody. I guess if it's been that terrible overall then maybe make a change. It was going to be tough for anyone that came in there with the intention of changing styles of offense though.

On 11/3/2019 at 12:04 AM, GwillMac6 said:

Well he has lost 3 straight bowl games. We love our coaches who stink in bowl games! haha

This. I’ve watched him get straight up out coached a number of times in the AAC as well. We could do worse but we hold do oh so much better.

We need a coach recruits don’t have to google.

Archived