fans leaving the game early

Timeslider 6

26 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

the kind of stuff that can crush recruiting.

The offensive performance (scheme, play calls, player evaluation, substitution patterns, player development, etc.) against Ole Miss is the kind of thing that will crush recruiting.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) It was cold.

2) The product on the field did not match the price people were asked to pay to see it.

Add those two things up and you get folks leaving early.  Ain't that hard to understand.

13 minutes ago, Duder said:

Try to justify it all you want--half an empty stadium for a primetime SEC game, the first we could bring recruits to in a month, is a bad look.  

If you didnt know it was going to be cold, you're an idiot.  The appointments you had on Sunday already existed when you entered the stadium.  Jesus didnt send you a snap and ask you for a church date at halftime.  If that had been LSU, they stay.

I get people are giving up on the coaching staff.  That isn't how it looks and feels to the kids breaking their backs.  When Derrick Brown is trying to hype the crowd on the final 4th and 2 and the 17 people in the AU section are all that's left....

Some of you people are cutting off the nose to spite the face.

Couldn't have said it better. This is good team with a lot to play for, yet so many "fans" are so miserable over one person that they'd tear down the program just to run him out.

And these folks have the gall to demand more and more.

The foundation of Auburn Football is rotten, folks. And it's not Gus Malzahn. This is the kind of toxicity that stagnates good programs.

I spend alot of money on season tickets, the product on the field is not acceptable, I can leave early and boo if i like. Sometimes the booing, whether it be at coaches or players is justified. If they want fans to cheer put a better product on the field. 

What’s the point of even going in this first place. “It’S My MoNeY” well you just burned it when you could’ve used that on something else. And then people are bringing up the weather. Man it’s NOVEMBER! What do you expect the weather to be like 🤨

19 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

The offensive performance (scheme, play calls, player evaluation, substitution patterns, player development, etc.) against Ole Miss is the kind of thing that will crush recruiting.

🏆

• WarTiger changed the title to fans leaving the game early

Yeah people started leaving when they thought we were about to run away with it.  I've never left a game early because every minute in that stadium watching my Tigers is my happy place.

24 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

People leave ONE home game, and now we’re Alabama fans and Auburn’s students just don’t have any loyalty 

sensationalism at its finest 

THIS. I’ve literally never heard people having to complain about Auburn fans leaving early. Attendance for Auburn football has never been an issue. It was ONE game and an awfully boring one on a cold night at that. 

1 minute ago, Percolator said:

This generation is soft as baby powder. Why are football players worried about what someone is or is not doing in the stands? Feminine dudes.

Post less

1 hour ago, Dan-0 said:

I can relate because I had to turn off the TV during the game last night. I was getting a severe headache from watching it so I went and laid down and tuned the game in on the radio. It was much easier to take that way because on the radio you can´t see a lot of the sloppiness you see on TV. I may finish the season like this!

And don´t lecture our fans, like Saban does, about leaving early. Saban schedules scrimmage games like New Mexico State and expects UA fans not only to pay to watch those games but to stay in the stands cheering until the merciful ending. Fans will stay in the stands and support their teams when the programs do what they´re supposed to do-- schedule quality opponents and put a quality product on the field. Football is entertainment and if the fans aren´t being entertained they will leave.

This is not true.   When auburn was kicking the crap out of Mississippi State, fans left the game.   

Look, it’s a bad sign.    Don’t try and make excuses.    If you are going to the game, stay and cheer.    

18 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

THIS. I’ve literally never heard people having to complain about Auburn fans leaving early. Attendance for Auburn football has never been an issue. It was ONE game and an awfully boring one on a cold night at that. 

Please see TAMU 2012. The entire stadium was basically empty by Halftime. The message the fans sent spoke volumes. The DC that year basically said they were all gone following that game I believe. 

42 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Gus is a goof and I’m fine if he gets fired. But we’ve been reeling in top 10 recruiting classes with him in spite of his offense. In my opinion, having the nations 11th ranked team booed at home while we’re winning an SEC game is ridiculous. The players don’t deserve that. 

4 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Please see TAMU 2012. The entire stadium was basically empty by Halftime. The message the fans sent spoke volumes. The DC that year basically said they were all gone following that game I believe. 

That was for a 3-9 team losing 59-0. Not a 7-2  11th ranked team winning an SEC game. It hurts the players deeply. 

5 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

And that’s completely understandable. TAMU destroyed us that year. However I went to a few late games that year and all things considered attendance was actually not that bad. 

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

That was for a 3-9 team losing 59-0. Not a 7-2  11th ranked team winning an SEC game. It hurts the players deeply. 

I’ll trust you if you say it hurts the players deeply. I don’t understand why they’re caught up in attendance. I know for a fact administration notices. 
long and short, the game was flat. It was a genuinely boring game. Like watching the same movie every day. We all knew the outcome. I never thought OM would win. 

Well I left at half time because I had a 15 month old at home. With the time change coming and it being a night game, I had to arrange bedtime. I try not to get upset at fans leaving games because I don’t know anyone’s personal circumstance. If someone leave because they are bitter that is on them. 

Auburn rapes fans on money at every turn. The good ol’ days went out with the big coaching salaries and tv contracts and the tried and true fans are sitting at home watching their TVs. No sympathy.

39 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Auburn rapes fans on money at every turn. The good ol’ days went out with the big coaching salaries and tv contracts and the tried and true fans are sitting at home watching their TVs. No sympathy.

That’s not an Auburn thing, that’s an NCAA thing

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

1) It was cold.

2) The product on the field did not match the price people were asked to pay to see it.

Add those two things up and you get folks leaving early.  Ain't that hard to understand.

Weather forecasts are available 10 days I'm advance.  Plan accordingly.

The kids are trying their hardest.  They dont call the plays.

There really is no excuse for the booing and leaving as early as they did.  It was not even as cold as it could have been and the stadium sold hand warmers for $3.

And it is not the fraternities leaving.  Most fraternities (not frats), have block seating.  You cannot leave early in block seating or your lose your seating. That is why those three sections do not leave until the game is over.  It is the students not in fraternities.

Many need to understand that it is not the booing itself, it so the timing.  People were booing when Nix was on the field doing a check before the half.  It may be directed at the coaches, but the players interpreted it as on them.  

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m sure the booing left a great impression the recruits in attendance. 

Until they enter the portal.

was the booing just before the half?

that was for the no attempt at trying to move the ball , just let the clock run out.

I go to Auburn games because that is what I love to do. I am not a hunter and only occasionally go fishing. I am getting old faster than I can believe and do not know how many more seasons I will be able to take my beloved fall pilgrimages to JHS. 

My dad started taking me to AU games decades ago when I was a little kid and as many of you can testify it just gets in your blood. He taught me a very valuable lesson that I have used in all areas of my life through all these years. He said "son, when you start something whatever you do always finish it".

He told me that some of the games we would attend would be frustrating and Auburn would not win them all. He said that we were going to support the team and enjoy ourselves regardless of the outcome of the game. Don't get me wrong, I get as frustrated as any other human when things don't go my way, but one thing I do not do is leave an Auburn game early because of that reason.

I passed that teaching on to my kids. I remember many years ago in Athens, GA my son and I sat in a lower section of Sanford Stadium that was full of Auburn fans. UGA blew AU out that night but my son and I stayed until the end. We were practically the only AU fans left in that section when the game ended.

I have been very critical this year of the way Gus has handled our offense and last night I was not very happy with him, but regardless of that we stayed in our seats until the clock showed 0:00. Does all of this make me superior or great? Heck no it just means I learned a valuable lesson from a man I love dearly and have missed for the last 41 years, my sweet and wise father.

War Eagle everyone. Let's kick some dawg butt in 2 weeks!

:wareagle:

Archived