fans leaving the game early

Timeslider 6

2 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Been at the stadium on a few occasions where Pat Nix was booed in hopes to see D Craig play.

I vividly remember Daniel Cobb getting booed in favor of Jason Campbell.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

And I distinctly remember in 07 vs miss St people booing Brandon Cox because they wanted Kodi burns at QB. Like you said this is nothing new and has been going on for years.

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Daniel got the worst of it for sure.......Daniel sat a few rows directly behind me and some friends at the 03 MS State game. He was selling Life Insurance out of Atlanta.......very nice guy........pretty sure it was 03.......Carnell was running all over State.

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So I am not on the Gus Bus anymore, but I do have to point out a few things. First, I don't think GM's buyout was ever reduced. I remember about the time that the hotseat melt happened that a few of the beat guys reported that may have happened, but I think it was confirmed false afterwards. Also, I do not believe that Gus isn't doing his best. I believe he puts a ton of hard work in and puts his best foot forward each day. I draw a line on questioning his character and I feel that your post crossed that line. I do not question his effort. That is, however, the problem. I believe we have seen Gus Malzahn's best efforts and they are not warranted of what we are paying nor do they meet expectations we should have. I also disagree about him holding AU hostage. I get where you are coming from, but I put that more on his agent and our DA former president and AD. Arky was coming after Gus...pure and simple, and they were going to throw money at him....pure and simple....Auburn...and Leath had the option to negotiate, match, let him go...whatever it be. Auburn gave him the lopsided contract. Gus has fallen on the golden side of the coin for sure, but I don't think it was in malicious intent on his part. 

In short, I think Gus is a very respectable man and an Auburn man. I just believe that he is too stubborn to adapt and his deficiencies have not been properly addressed. This happens in sports and life in all areas and it doesn't make someone a bad person. I do agree about him being held accountable for his performance, though. That again....falls on Auburn.

Do you think a respectable man would just before playing in an SEC championship game request a 49 million package instead of waiting to see if he in fact did win a championship ? I think not I haven’t seen anything in Gus’s character that even closely resembled an Auburn man but your entitled you my opinion and I am entitled to mine. And yes his buyout went down. Other chose not to show it to allow Gus to save face but the buyout money was on the table last year. So we will just agree to disagree, but as for me I will just be glad when he is gone I have grown tired of his childish actions.

On 11/4/2019 at 5:41 PM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Do you think a respectable man would just before playing in an SEC championship game request a 49 million package instead of waiting to see if he in fact did win a championship ? I think not I haven’t seen anything in Gus’s character that even closely resembled an Auburn man but your entitled you my opinion and I am entitled to mine. And yes his buyout went down. Other chose not to show it to allow Gus to save face but the buyout money was on the table last year. So we will just agree to disagree, but as for me I will just be glad when he is gone I have grown tired of his childish actions.

He's not an Auburn man, he's a Sexton man. Fleeced the place, and knew it. I would've done the same though. It is what it is.

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Everybody says that about the buyout, but I have seen no proof. Do you have a link or something to confirm the buyout went down? Because it has been reported multple times this season that it is still on the same scale it was at? 

The buyout crap was reported by phillip Marshall best I remember but it was later stated that it never changed. We would owe him close to $27 Million dollars if we fired him which half would be due in 30 days this year. 

3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So I am not on the Gus Bus anymore, but I do have to point out a few things. First, I don't think GM's buyout was ever reduced. I remember about the time that the hotseat melt happened that a few of the beat guys reported that may have happened, but I think it was confirmed false afterwards. 

You are correct.  His contract has not been amended to reduce his buyout.  Fake news. 

4 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Been at the stadium on a few occasions where Pat Nix was booed in hopes to see D Craig play.

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I vividly remember when Golf was thoroughly booed in his replies to me.

I’ll boo any coach who kills the clock going into half time or takes a knee on the opponents 3 to end the game

I also might pull for the Karate Kid to lose to Cobra Kai. No mercy. 

25 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I vividly remember when Golf was thoroughly boozed in his replies to me.

FIFY

On 11/3/2019 at 3:59 PM, passthebiscuits said:

It was a sloppy, boring game.

We are much better than Ole Miss, but didn’t show it.

Ole Miss is not a big draw.

It was cold.

It was windy.

It’s easier to watch at home.

Students sometimes leave early, particularly frat boys. I hate it but...  

There is general apathy around the program. Say it with me: Gus Malzahn.

my opinion, tho a bad look, it’s your money. Leave when you want. It certainly shows the PTBs (pass the biscuits, btw!) that we want more than 8-4. 

that section in question is mainly for GDI's dipstick.  also greeks make up maybe 20% of student population, if that. Perhaps we should sell booze in the stadium. that should warm up folks.

Fans buy big money for their tickets to get those seats. If they wish to leave early, then that's their right. With what Malzahn is getting paid, he has no business saying anyting about the fans leaving before the game is over.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Fans buy big money for their tickets to get those seats. If they wish to leave early, then that's their right. With what Malzahn is getting paid, he has no business saying anyting about the fans leaving before the game is over.

Not sure Gus has actually said anything about it.  He doesn't really have the right to say anything anyway since he left the Florida & LSU games early himself. 

:rimshot:

On 11/4/2019 at 9:29 PM, Zeek said:

I’ll boo any coach who kills the clock going into half time or takes a knee on the opponents 3 to end the game

I’m on board with this. Sweep the leg!!!

This is the biggest turds of turds. Been happening since the beginning of football. Emotions run high. People get fed up. What makes college football so great. MEH. 

Happened to Dye, Tot, Tubs, Chaz, the bear, Stallings and even Saban. 

1 hour ago, fredst said:

I’m on board with this. Sweep the leg!!!

That is one movie I could watch over and over. No doubt about it, make no mistake about it. San de flor! Wax on, wax off! 

On 11/3/2019 at 2:53 PM, tbone4jc said:

Then sell your tickets to someone who can stay. Excuses are like buttholes... 

I dont know what the issue could have been other than  a lack of support. We have some fair weather fans layely and it's getting to be nauseating. I bet that really impressed the recruits/commits who were there for visit. Good job!

I wish I could take my family to Auburn for a home game and enjoy the atmosphere and the history. To me it doesn't matter how much you disagree with the coach, our kids put it all on the line every game, we could at least support them.

coming from a man who openly admits he does not attend games but he is going to tell people who do how to act. Amazing

7 hours ago, Hay Field 101 said:

coming from a man who openly admits he does not attend games but he is going to tell people who do how to act. Amazing

I live in Charlotte NC. I have been to one game each season except the last 2. I am also a father of 5, have a mortgage, 2 car payments, paying for 2 kids in college. I think my priorities are in order and my OPINION is reasonable. 

The real question is why are you responding to something that was discussed over a month ago ? Are you even a fan of Auburn? You've been here like what, 2 weeks? 

On 11/4/2019 at 9:29 PM, Zeek said:

Well Daniel was the bad guy in that movie

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

I live in Charlotte NC. I have been to one game each season except the last 2. I am also a father of 5, have a mortgage, 2 car payments, paying for 2 kids in college. I think my priorities are in order and my OPINION is reasonable. 

The real question is why are you responding to something that was discussed over a month ago ? Are you even a fan of Auburn? You've been here like what, 2 weeks? 

haha. yeah. surprised to see this thread still out. guess my comment wont help either. anyway good ole charlotte. they keep moving around the auburn club there. whats the deal? maybe a separate thread discussion. keep it auburn strong!

3 hours ago, wareagle881 said:

Well, Saban is not going to let Trump come back for a game because he left early.....Wants his ticket privileges revoked.

Past politics (which would’ve supported an invitation, as the crowd displayed and the way Tuscaloosa leans in general), inviting Trump was just such a horrible batch of “rat poison” for someone who complains about that “problem” constantly. I doubt it had anything to do with the result, but why would you welcome possible distractions?? 

I loved the mess and social media back and forth that comes whenever that guy comes into the state but I damn sure pray Auburn doesn’t try the same thing 

On 11/4/2019 at 4:41 PM, GwillMac6 said:

And I distinctly remember in 07 vs miss St people booing Brandon Cox because they wanted Kodi burns at QB. Like you said this is nothing new and has been going on for years.

I remember in 2010 people booing Cam cause they wanted me at QB.

I think Ben Leard caught it the worst from the boo birds. People even called and left messages on his answering machine.

50 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I remember in 2010 people booing Cam cause they wanted me at QB.

I think Ben Leard caught it the worst from the boo birds. People even called and left messages on his answering machine.

Lol - we became so bored with his 7 yard leaps into the end zone

Archived