How Did You Choose Your Screenname?

ToraGirl

The more we know about each other--

--the more we understand each other...

--the more we dodge minefields...

--the more we find commonalities! 

(The more we have to talk about besides both sides of the obvious, maybe the more "Family" we'll experience.)  

Tora is Japanese for "tiger."  Girl is obvious.

Family connections to Japan; my only brother (LURKER!) lives there, has since 1994.  Our son is pursuing Asian studies at AU with a desire to live and work there in the future.

Love languages, love tigers...there we are.

DSCN6347.JPGImage result for auburn tiger shibuya

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn, being a agricultural, and vet school, made me opt for Farmer Brown. I have never planted anything but a food plot for deer, and a few gardens in years gone by. As long as there are truck farmers, I will never have another garden. lol

3 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

(The more we have to talk about besides both sides of the obvious, maybe the more "Family" we'll experience.)  

Family connections to Japan; my only brother (LURKER!) lives there, has since 1994.  Our son is pursuing Asian studies at AU with a desire to live and work there in the future.

I know many Japanese. No way I would live there. I need space. Lol. 

Just now, alexava said:

I know many Japanese. No way I would live there. I need space. Lol. 

LOL, you are so right, alexava!  It is all about minimalization, from the plate to the art to the space.  Some of the most hospitable people we've ever met, though!  

Not much imagination in mine. It's always Great To Be (an Auburn Tiger). This should be a fun thread, thanks @ToraGirl

Just now, gr82be said:

Not much imagination in mine. It's always Great To Be (an Auburn Tiger). This should be a fun thread, thanks @ToraGirl

I honestly thought you might have attended/graduated/been around there in 1982!  I'm AHS class of 1984, so I brake for all things mid-80's!

Just now, Potatooooooes!! said:

I remember seeing a commercial about potatoes....

Is it this one?  

4 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I honestly thought you might have attended/graduated/been around there in 1982!  I'm AHS class of 1984, so I brake for all things mid-80's!

Good guess as I would have graduated in 82 if I had stayed at Auburn. I attended in 78/79. Went home to Bham and went to Bham Southern after Auburn. 

simple: initials, au ,grad year  - not a lot of thought or originality but it works for me

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Good guess as I would have graduated in 82 if I had stayed at Auburn. I attended in 78/79. Went home to Bham and went to Bham Southern after Auburn. 

That is a great school!  And you are so close to the Botanic Gardens...love B'ham.  

1 minute ago, GBAU83 said:

simple: initials, au ,grad year  - not a lot of thought or originality but it works for me

That's just perfect!  You left right before I got there...WAR EAGLE!

Tora, we can always count on you for a great change of pace.  So fun, thank you!

Mine's pretty simple.  Born in Birmingham, AL, in 1972.  All of my Dad's side of the family are Auburn fans (some grads) except my Uncle (who's hanging with our Lord & Savior now) who graduated from bama.  Oddly, he never was much of a football fan but he LOVED him some UAB Blazers basketball. 

My Grandmother (Mom's Mom) was an Auburn fan too.  However, my Grandaddy was originally from Pittsburgh, PA, and liked Penn St (who actually had a bit of a rivalry with bammer back in the day) so he, too, was not a bammer fan.  Of course, being a Yankee, he was primarily a pro football fan so I grew up with loads of Steelers gear, LOL!  I've even got a World Series program with Roberto Clemente (Pirates) & Jim Palmer, Frank Robinson & Brooks Robinson (Orioles) from '71.

My username is my Auburn student email handle that I still use to this day as my primary email because it has Auburn in the email...

17 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Love the Asian style Aubie gear!

My name comes from being a nerd. I’ve used the same username on message boards since I was in 6th grade and first got an old Dell computer in my room.

My actual name starts with a Z but my mom was always big about not sharing information on the internet. So I came up with the next best name with a Z. Though, back then I didn’t realize it should be spelled “Zeke” in most cases. So on an old Dragon Ball Z forum I made the name and have used it for almost every forum or video game ever since. It’s also almost never taken.

When I got a dog 5 years ago (grew up with cats) I named him Ezekiel! 

6 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Ive had this thing since like ‘99...probably came from that silly billboard outside of Montgomery or Birmingham.

Passed it yesterday!  How do you like this award-winning replica (local haybale contest)?  I completely lost it when I saw it...

Go to Pike Road Or.jpg

Just now, Zeek said:

Love the Asian style Aubie gear!

My name comes from being a nerd. I’ve used the same username on message boards since I was in 6th grade and first got an old Dell computer in my room.

My actual name starts with a Z but my mom was always big about not sharing information on the internet. So I came up with the next best name with a Z. Though, back then I didn’t realize it should be spelled “Zeke” in most cases. So on an old Dragon Ball Z forum I made the name and have used it for almost every forum or video game ever since. It’s also almost never taken.

When I got a dog 5 years ago (grew up with cats) I named him Ezekiel! 

I do, too!  I am pretty sure that Toomer's or Anders carries this hat in various seasons...my brother always wants us to stock up so that he can share them with friends.  I LOVE the name Ezekiel.

3 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

That is hilarious!

Archived