How Did You Choose Your Screenname?

ToraGirl

52 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Way back in 2003, a bunch of Auburn folks loaded up a jet and flew to go gauge interest in a new coach to replace Tuberville. Those days, I would start my day in an anatomy lab in medical school...dreaming of a day where I could be a doctor and work with my beloved Auburn Tigers. As I joined AUF, almost every post mentioned the PTBs (Powers that Be-a reference to the decision-makers) at Auburn. I had no idea what this term meant.

At that very moment, one of my fellow classmates entered with a plate of biscuits and asked if anyone wanted to partake. I then and there used the moniker Pass the Biscuits (PTB). I, ironically, do not like biscuits.

And in a cool twist of fate, I did become a doctor and get to live in the greatest city in the world and work with the best team in the world as well. The moniker still works as a nice “cover” for my fandom despite my proximity to many of the issues that are discussed, so I’ve never changed it. 

My dreams fulfilled, I often find myself in meetings with the same PTBs that started it all. 

WDE!

So, if a friend had a back injury, would they return before oct 16? 

#askingforafriend 

JK. I know you can’t really comment. 

All that to say, love the story and that you are living out your professional dream! 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, tomtomwde said:

Im one of the ones from the AE site that had to merge to here.

In highschool someone gave me the nickname tomtom.  My name is tommy.  I kinda liked it.  I became an auburn fan in 2002 when i actually started watching football ( around 7th grade i guess)  wanted something simple.  So i put the nickname with wde and havent looked back since.

I did have some doubts after the merger but it seemed like a good fit after a few months 

I thought Braves...Seminoles..."Tom Tom Club"!  This one is just for you...love your screenname!

47 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Way back in 2003, a bunch of Auburn folks loaded up a jet and flew to go gauge interest in a new coach to replace Tuberville. Those days, I would start my day in an anatomy lab in medical school...dreaming of a day where I could be a doctor and work with my beloved Auburn Tigers. As I joined AUF, almost every post mentioned the PTBs (Powers that Be-a reference to the decision-makers) at Auburn. I had no idea what this term meant.

At that very moment, one of my fellow classmates entered with a plate of biscuits and asked if anyone wanted to partake. I then and there used the moniker Pass the Biscuits (PTB). I, ironically, do not like biscuits.

And in a cool twist of fate, I did become a doctor and get to live in the greatest city in the world and work with the best team in the world as well. The moniker still works as a nice “cover” for my fandom despite my proximity to many of the issues that are discussed, so I’ve never changed it. 

My dreams fulfilled, I often find myself in meetings with the same PTBs that started it all. 

WDE!

I think you win the name contest, biscuit. Holy cow.

It’s just a screen name I’ve used in various forums since the early 2000s. The way I first started using it was it was a character’s name from a really old role-playing wrestling site I used to visit back when I was a young teen. I was trying to come up with a screen name on a forum and it was all I could think of lol.

7 minutes ago, jared52 said:

You guys are really creative. Me, not so much. 52 was my basketball number in high school. 

I'm learning BB on the go...Bruce Pearl can motivate anyone!  What position did you play?

8 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

I'm learning BB on the go...Bruce Pearl can motivate anyone!  What position did you play?

Center.

12 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

WDE!

You....

....hang on just a minute...

...deep breath...

You don't like biscuits?

Image result for what is wrong with you gif

Mine came from one of my fraternity brothers. It combines my last name & the villain Skeletor from the He-Man Universe.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You....

....hang on just a minute...

...deep breath...

You don't like biscuits?

Image result for what is wrong with you gif

In fairness to PTB english muffins, rolls, & croussants are better.

Not sure why I got called out on another thread...

"Beaker"     I teach middle school Science.   Just seemed "like a good fit."   beaker.jpg

On 11/5/2019 at 8:58 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

It has allowed me to follow my calling, sometimes without me even knowing it. I grew up in Mississippi and love my home state, but Louisiana has some pretty cool stuff to see as well. Without getting all technical, there are lots of different habitat types for lots of different critters.

And I loooooove Cajun country. And yes, boudin is for real...fo realz! @McLoofus shares my affinity for it. Especially smoked boudin from The Best Stop in Scott, LA.

Friends introduced me to boudin when I went over to Mississippi for undergrad. Love it - although, it's not all created equally. I've had some great, and some pretty darn awful boudin. 

So, I go by the name "Barnes" IRL. 

High school football coach started calling me Barnacles. Hated it, but it stuck. Luckily, that was a long time ago and no one calls me that anymore, at least outside of this place!

On 11/5/2019 at 7:59 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Tiger-duh

Refuge- I am the forester for 6 national wildlife refuges in Louisiana. I manage forested habitat for migratory birds, an endangered woodpecker, Louisiana black bear, and resident wildlife. I also get to set the woods on fire...on purpose...without getting arrested. Yay for legal arson! Woohoo!

How is the duck migration so far?

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Image result for let's fight gif

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

giphy.gif

I should add nothing beats grandma's down home biscuits n'gravy. As for a stand alone bread in that group I like rolls best then biscuits. Where I like croussants & muffins better is for breakfast sandwiches which I eat 1 of nearly every day.

15 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Friends introduced me to boudin when I went over to Mississippi for undergrad. Love it - although, it's not all created equally. I've had some great, and some pretty darn awful boudin. 

https://www.beststopinscott.com/product/smoked-boudin/

Literally...the best. 

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Just ordered 4 lbs

They have other good stuff too. @McLoofus can fill you in on what he's had & likes. I'm going to get a variety of things in an order soon. The Boudin balls peak my interest.

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

Not sure why I got called out on another thread...

"Beaker"     I teach middle school Science.   Just seemed "like a good fit."   beaker.jpg

I thought so, just wanted confirmation, plus I like your posts! Teachers always looking for another (indefatigable) kindred spirit! 

14 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Just ordered 4 lbs

The place is a meat paradise. I made a pilgrimage several years ago. Still brings a tear to my eye.

FYI, I’ll put that on a cookie sheet and heat it at 350 until it’s heated through. Then I’ll take it all outside and hide while I eat it all by myself.

Pairs well with a coffee stout.

Archived