How Did You Choose Your Screenname?

ToraGirl

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

The place is a meat paradise. I made a pilgrimage several years ago. Still brings a tear to my eye.

FYI, I’ll put that on a cookie sheet and heat it at 350 until it’s heated through. Then I’ll take it all outside and hide while I eat it all by myself.

Pairs well with a coffee stout.

19 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Get them. You won’t regret it.

@Barnacle and @ellitor, y'all need to trust this man. Well, Barn already did. Smart lad, that one. 

Seriously one of the biggest culinary slam dunks ever. 

Oh, and the beer thing, too. 

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Meh. I know there are some big ducks moving into southern MO. I saw my first flight of specks yesterday, but they were high fliers. 

I hunt near Harrisburg Arkansas. I won’t get to go till thanksgiving weekend. Can’t wait.

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Clearly. 

How can I be a communist when biscuits and gravy is one of my favorite meals of all time? LOL

28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

How can I be a communist when biscuits and gravy is one of my favorite meals of all time? LOL

Apparently not for breakfast and in the south that makes you a communist in my book

29 minutes ago, ellitor said:

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Apparently not for breakfast and in the south that makes you a communist in my book

Too late! You blew your cover, comrade!

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Depends. Does he prefer soccer over Football? That is the true test. 

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

Depends. Does he prefer soccer over Football? That is the true test. 

Football obviously. Loof is the communist in that regard.

On 11/3/2019 at 2:40 PM, abw0004 said:

My username is my Auburn student email handle that I still use to this day as my primary email because it has Auburn in the email...

Ha! Mine doesn't have numbers in it...Lol which freaked alot of people out when I went back for another degree. Why don't you have numbers!?!?!?!?

On 11/8/2019 at 7:07 AM, AUFlyer99 said:

Mine came from the year I graduated Auburn and my career path (not very creative.  Sorry😁).  

Pilot or airline industry... or even advertising? Don't laugh... some cheerleaders are called flyers, too! Creativity is in the mind of the beholder...yours is great! The screennames that crack me up are the ones that are similar to another's but just have a "personal-but-not-Auburn-significant-multi-digit-with-dashes-number attached." They don't usually post much... 

Great thread!!!!

My wife and I were trying to decide our "grandparent names" before granddaughter #1 was born more than 15 years ago. She said I should be "Grumps" (not a compliment) so I said she should be "Big Mama" (she's tiny). She made "Grumps" stick, and she became "Gran." We now have four beautiful granddaughters!

Prior to the merger, I was AU73 and mostly lurked on the site as I was still working.  After the merger the AU73 turned into something like AU73487687.   Soooo, when I retired in 2015 I bought my retirement car.  It is a 2015 BMW M4, midnight blue with an orange interior and changed my screen name to include the M4 portion of the BMW.  Again, not creative but does have a back story.

32 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Prior to the merger, I was AU73 and mostly lurked on the site as I was still working.  After the merger the AU73 turned into something like AU73487687.   Soooo, when I retired in 2015 I bought my retirement car.  It is a 2015 BMW M4, midnight blue with an orange interior and changed my screen name to include the M4 portion of the BMW.  Again, not creative but does have a back story.

Yes, it is creative! Please, PLEASE post some pics of your retirement car on the Dream Car thread, still All Things Considered! Got to see it!! 😃🦋

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Hahaha!  You’re more creative than you think. Your screen name has a double meaning.  Your explanation and “I’m for AU”. That’s the way I have read it.   Nice ride, though.  Post pics!

34 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Hahaha!  You’re more creative than you think. Your screen name has a double meaning.  Your explanation and “I’m for AU”. That’s the way I have read it.   Nice ride, though.  Post pics!

Here ya go:

image.jpeg

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

What it might lack in creativity, it makes up for in badassedness!

10 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Pilot or airline industry... or even advertising? Don't laugh... some cheerleaders are called flyers, too! Creativity is in the mind of the beholder...yours is great! The screennames that crack me up are the ones that are similar to another's but just have a "personal-but-not-Auburn-significant-multi-digit-with-dashes-number attached." They don't usually post much... 

Pilot.  I flew for an airline for a few years and now work for a private jet operator.  

8 minutes ago, AUFlyer99 said:

Pilot.  I flew for an airline for a few years and now work for a private jet operator.  

That sounds amazing!

Although I was never a fan of Johnny Knoxville or his show, I thought Johnny Auburn would be a decent screen name. It was apparently already taken when I tried to sign up for it, as were many others.  I finally pared it down to johnnyAU and it worked, so I stuck with it.  Kinda boring I guess.

Archived