Taggert fired at FSU

PigskinPat

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who the heck are they gonna get to replace him? Or are they going to promote baby Briles to HC?

Somebody send Gus's resume quickly. 

I knew he wouldn't last the day he was hired, but to fired less than 2 years in is a bit surprising.  They have royally sucked his entire time there, but, while I think very little of Taggart as a coach, he walked in to a train wreck left by Fisher.  Next coach isn't likely to do any better any time soon.   I wanted them to keep Taggart forever.

A cautionary tale on many levels. Will be interesting to see who they get. Going to be interesting to see who they CAN get, and how short a leash they're going to be on.

FSU is about to be in a world of hurt. Good name recognition, but at this point that's about all it has going for it. Fisher left a mess, Taggart was in the middle of...uh...rearranging the rubble. Going to be a few more years of transition.

My guess is they go after Josh Heupel.

17 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

A cautionary tale on many levels. Will be interesting to see who they get. Going to be interesting to see who they CAN get, and how short a leash they're going to be on.

FSU is about to be in a world of hurt. Good name recognition, but at this point that's about all it has going for it. Fisher left a mess, Taggart was in the middle of...uh...rearranging the rubble. Going to be a few more years of transition.

My guess is they go after Josh Heupel.

Lateral move at best for Heupel if we’re honest. He’s not leaving before next year where he’ll have senior year McKenzie Milton.

5 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Is FSU delusional? What are they expecting less than 2 years removed from a new hire? Goodness.

Competitiveness? A sense of improvement?

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Competitiveness? A sense of improvement?

A big portion of the Auburn fanbase can't sympathize with this.

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

A big portion of the Auburn fanbase can't sympathize with this.

We need an Auuuuuuuubuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrnnnn maaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn guuuuuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyyzzzzzzzz!

5 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

$26.6 mil right now.  $21.4 mil Jan 1, 2020. 

Harbert owes us at least the difference...

Gus is owed 13 mill up front I believe after January 1st and the rest to be paid out over 4 years.

18 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I thought it was $26.6 on 12/2/19 and $21.4 on 12/2/20?

The current Amended Contract, changed the contract year to Jan 1 - Dec 31, starting Jan 1, 2018.  His buyout is based on 75% of his remaining contract. Jan 1, 2020 would start a new contract year. 

16 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus is owed 13 mill up front I believe after January 1st and the rest to be paid out over 4 years.

He would be owed 50% of his buyout in 30 days from termination date and the remainder in equal annual installments over a four year period with the first installment due on the first  July 15 following termination. 

47 minutes ago, AUwent said:

We need an Auuuuuuuubuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrnnnn maaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnn guuuuuuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyyzzzzzzzz!

I demand the next Auburn coach have no connections to Auburn lol

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I demand the next Auburn coach have no connections to Auburn lol

“Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome with open arms the next head coach of your Auburn football team—Rhett Lashlee!”

Archived