What's Your Myers-Briggs Personality Type?

ToraGirl

If you know, share it.  If you don't, check it out and see what makes you tick the way you do.  Wild ramifications for home, school, office, and definitely the board!  Have a go!

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I am an ENFP...but I'd say borderline extrovert/introvert and borderline J/P.  :jossun:

"ENFPs are people-centered creators with a focus on possibilities and a contagious enthusiasm for new ideas, people and activities. Energetic, warm, and passionate, ENFPs love to help other people explore their creative potential.  ENFPs are typically agile and expressive communicators, using their wit, humor, and mastery of language to create engaging stories. Imaginative and original, ENFPs often have a strong artistic side. They are drawn to art because of its ability to express inventive ideas and create a deeper understanding of human experience."

There is most definitely a downside to each of them as well as an upside.  As we mature, we groove toward balance in all categories:  E/I, S/N, T/F, and J/P.  My husband is a pastor, but his AU undergrad was in psychology.  It brings the "EQ" (emotional quotient, a measure of intelligence in its own right) to the world of IQ.  I like to think IQ gets a person a job, EQ helps you keep a job.  (All politics and financial circumstances aside, of course.)

Warning:  the more you learn about personality theory...essentially what makes you and others tick (or tick you off)...the more addictive it is.  😂

Myers-Briggs is not foolproof and it's one of many, but it's a great place to start.

And where I first learned of it?  In Rev. Charles Britt's "Mate Selection and Marriage Introduction" Family and Child Development course at AU, as a freshman.  A former missionary to Liberia, he was our senior pastor at Auburn UMC until 1979, when he retired and became an adjunct professor in the department.  The tests were killers.  The content was priceless.  And yes, we're still happily married 30 years later...lol!

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Entertainer.

ESFP?  We're only a letter apart!  Is this the first time you've ever seen this stuff?  It was a game changer for me!  Have a great week, Kevon!

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

ESFP?  We're only a letter apart!  Is this the first time you've ever seen this stuff?  It was a game changer for me!  Have a great week, Kevon!

Yes first time.....hope you have a great week as well.

9 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Screenshot_20191104-054947~2.png

ISFJ, when I took it with Rev. Britt in 1985...with my borderline E/I and J/P, not far off from you here. Did the description seem to match? Most of the time they are pretty close. (I have to remember that self-perception is involved.) Have a gr82be day, my friend!

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

ISFJ, when I took it with Rev. Britt in 1985...with my borderline E/I and J/P, not far off from you here. Did the description seem to match? Most of the time they are pretty close. (I have to remember that self-perception is involved.) Have a gr82be day, my friend!

Yes for the most part. I'm introverted but not extreme. It's funny because my wife's Kindergarten class is the Adventurers. She would love this. Thanks and I hope your day is a great one too. 

INTJ 

The only one close is the last one. So, I sometimes say I’m INTJ/P. In grad school, as part of orientation, we had an intensive evaluation and walk-through with the group, it was quite enlightening. I had taken the MB a few times before that and had read through the descriptions of the personality types, but had never had a detailed evaluation from a certified administrator before.

As for Enneagram, I’m a 5.

9 hours ago, wareagleguy said:

INTJ 

The only one close is the last one. So, I sometimes say I’m INTJ/P. In grad school, as part of orientation, we had an intensive evaluation and walk-through with the group, it was quite enlightening. I had taken the MB a few times before that and had read through the descriptions of the personality types, but had never had a detailed evaluation from a certified administrator before.

As for Enneagram, I’m a 5.

Can you do a link for the Enneagram? Sounds neat!

Enneagram 7..."The Entertaining Optimist." I crack myself up! I can't wait to dig in more... thank you so much, wareagleguy!!

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

OFM................ old fart man 

"The Music Man"...Golf, I would love for you to take these quizzes and report back. They don't bite, I promise! 

Has anyone done the DISC or the animal counterparts?

I need to redo the DISC...it's either Influencing/Dominant or the reverse. In animal terms, Otter/Lion. I can be a Beaver, but I sadly have no  Golden Retriever in me, and I need some!! #2knowhow2relax

Archived