Marie Yovanovitch ....just wow

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Don’t disagree with you especially AS but did I say what you quoted me? “it is not a farce”. I don’t remember where or when I said it but I cant find that.

I am pretty sure it was aubiefifty who said "it is not a farce." I don't know how the quote shows to be from you.

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

Don’t disagree with you especially AS but did I say what you quoted me? “it is not a farce”. I don’t remember where or when I said it but I cant find that.

That was carried down from a previous post and should not have been attributed to you....my bad when clipping your post to add a comment to it.  Sorry...

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That was carried down from a previous post and should not have been attributed to you....my bad when clipping your post to add a comment to it.  Sorry...

No worries. I'm old and forgetful.

Turns out she is the perfect witness:    She was not on the phone calls in question, in fact had been dismissed months before it took place,   has not talked with DT in 2019did not protest when BO actually delayed sending aid to Ukraine when it was attacked.   

The perfect witness since she knows nothing useful....but she cuts a sympathetic figure because she cried during her deposition.    Media just loves it and with any luck she might cry again if someone asks her a difficult question during these hearings. 

9 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Aren't you an airline pilot.......for who what flights?

Was. Retired Dec 30, 2018 from Fedex. I had the job that Tom Cruise commander threatened him with in the movie Top Gun. I flew rubber dog @#$& out of Hong Kong.  777 mostly international. HK Shanghai Seoul Narita Paris London Delhi Dubai Singapore and a few others. It was a great gig.

12 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Was. Retired Dec 30, 2018 from Fedex. I had the job that Tom Cruise commander threatened him with in the movie Top Gun. I flew rubber dog @#$& out of Hong Kong.  777 mostly international. HK Shanghai Seoul Narita Paris London Delhi Dubai Singapore and a few others. It was a great gig.

Yes it was a great gig, different airline, but the same great gig.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 4:42 PM, AUFAN78 said:

For impeachment to have even a scintilla of legitimacy, it must be broadly bipartisan. That’s not my opinion, it was the standard Democrats held until recently.

Pelosi told the Washington Post, “Impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan, I don’t think we should go down that path, because it divides the country. And he’s just not worth it.” A year earlier she said, “Impeachment is a very serious matter. If it happens, it has to be a bipartisan initiative.”

Nadler himself said, “There must never be a narrowly voted impeachment or an impeachment substantially supported by one of our major political parties and largely opposed by the other. Such an impeachment would lack legitimacy, would produce divisiveness and bitterness in our politics for years to come. And will call into question the very legitimacy of our political institutions.”

Image may contain: 2 people, text

founding fathers.jpg

It is customary for political ambassadors to rotate out within the first several months of a change in administration. Lets not pretend this is a new phenomenon.

16 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

It is customary for political ambassadors to rotate out within the first several months of a change in administration. Lets not pretend this is a new phenomenon.

What happened here was not customary. Read better sources.

12 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

What happened here was not customary. Read better sources.

The incoming Obama administration has notified all politically-appointed ambassadors that they must vacate their posts as of Jan. 20, the day President-elect Barack Obama takes the oath of office, a State Department official said.

The clean slate will open up prime opportunities for the president-elect to reward political supporters with posts in London, Paris, Tokyo and the like. The notice to diplomatic posts was issued this week.

Political ambassadors sometimes are permitted to stay on briefly during a new administration, but the sweeping nature of the directive suggests that Obama has little interest in retaining any of Bush's ambassadorial appointees.

A 2017 Snopes fact-check also noted that Trump firing appointed ambassadors was not an unprecedented move.

“The resignation and replacement of ambassadors at the end of an administration is routine,” the fact check reads, adding that some presidents have fired everyone at once while others decide on a case-by-case basis.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

The incoming Obama administration has notified all politically-appointed ambassadors that they must vacate their posts as of Jan. 20, the day President-elect Barack Obama takes the oath of office, a State Department official said.

The clean slate will open up prime opportunities for the president-elect to reward political supporters with posts in London, Paris, Tokyo and the like. The notice to diplomatic posts was issued this week.

Political ambassadors sometimes are permitted to stay on briefly during a new administration, but the sweeping nature of the directive suggests that Obama has little interest in retaining any of Bush's ambassadorial appointees.

Not what happened here. This was a targeted decision.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Not what happened here. This was a targeted decision.

OK LOL. Your opinion does not dismiss this is commonplace.

9 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

A 2017 Snopes fact-check also noted that Trump firing appointed ambassadors was not an unprecedented move.

“The resignation and replacement of ambassadors at the end of an administration is routine,” the fact check reads, adding that some presidents have fired everyone at once while others decide on a case-by-case basis.

21 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

OK LOL. Your opinion does not dismiss this is commonplace.

2.5 years into his term at The urging of a lobbyist paid by a corrupt criminal oligarch. Yeah, routine.

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

2.5 years into his term at The urging of a lobbyist paid by a corrupt criminal oligarch. Yeah, routine.

Image result for blinders meme

When confronted with facts you resort to childishness. Go figure. :comfort:

18 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Seriously?   You think the obvious fact other ambassadors have been fired justify Trump firing Yovanovich?  :lmao:  

What exactly did she do to merit firing other than not eagerly collaborating with Giuliani to extort the government of Ukraine?

What sort of fool proffers such a ridiculous argument? Do you think there is a single person on this forum that would take it seriously (other than yourself?)

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Seriously?   You think the obvious fact other ambassadors have been fired justify Trump firing Yovanovich?  :lmao:  

What exactly did she do to merit firing other than not eagerly collaborating with Giuliani to extort the government of Ukraine?

What sort of fool proffers such a ridiculous argument? Do you think there is a single person on this forum that would take it seriously (other than yourself?)

Absolutely and history proves my point.

She worked during a presidential transition. Again history proves this.

Your hero Maxine wouldn't. Given your love affair with your intellectual leader,  mentor and IQ equivalent, I gladly stand by my fact based argument. 

I am having issues here.  She wasnt there for the Biden stuff, She wasnt present for the phone call. She seems to have really nothing to offer but a nice enough face to look at during the testimony and being able to project fear of DJT. 

She was a career diplomat on her umpteenth assignment and getting ready for a new assignment?

In the State Dept, this happens all the time, ALL THE TIME. 

Archived