CFP Stunner

tomcat

3 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Because they are Minnesota.

I just took the original post to be why are we so high, not why are we so low. The response I quoted seem to address the opposite. We are 11 bc the committee certainly took who we played into account or we would be lower .....same as Florida ....no? 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

Why? We have 2 losses. Strength of schedule isn't a huge factor for the committee, thats why Bama and UGA schedule the easiest opponents possible. We also looked weak against Ole Miss and lost to LSU. 

Actually SOS is quite important which is why Clemson is where they are and why Minn. is where they are...and why we are where we are.....bama gets there on rep 

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Interesting spending most of my time in heavy  FSU territory. They can not understand the Auburn fans discontent with CGM. 

giphy.gif

^^My response the day Gus goes there, if he does.

49 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Interesting spending most of my time in heavy  FSU territory. They can not understand the Auburn fans discontent with CGM. 

Yeah my brother in law is a huge fsu fan and he would love to have Gus. I said I would give money for you to have him. He didn't understand why....................

It’s all for TV rankings.  The playoffs themselves are already set.  SEC winner vs. Oregon (dependent on which SEC team gets in), Clemson vs OSU/Penn State.  If Oregon drops a game it puts Oklahoma back in assuming they win out.  An outside shot to Utah if the OSU/PSU winner does not win the B1O. Auburn will finish no higher than fifteen assuming losses to UGA and UAT.  

Im not sure why OP is surprised. We’re ranked 12 in AP and coaches which is typically pretty close to Cfp committee. As frustrating as this year has been at times- you gotta give malzahn credit where its due. Hes rotated RBs, has called more pass plays, and has let Bo throw it. The two knocks on gus THIS year (or still this year) is his QB management, and lack of complex pass scheme. From an outside perspective though Auburn lost on the road to florida and lsu and honestly only barely lost those games. The outside wprld recognizes that a few breaks go our way we can beat anybody. 

Our 2 losses were close ones on the road against other ranked opponents (one of which is in the top 4).  I know it is frustrating to us because we saw that those losses could have easily been wins with a little better performance from the offense; but, from the outside looking in, they are 'quality losses'.  Plus, we have some good road wins to our credit in Oregon and Texas A&M.

18 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah my brother in law is a huge fsu fan and he would love to have Gus. I said I would give money for you to have him. He didn't understand why....................

tenor-2.gif

12 hours ago, SphyNxXx said:

I still believe that if we win out and LSU wins out, we backdoor in to #4. Many of the others ahead of us will play each other giving us a lane to move up. Our ridiculous SOS will give us points, especially if we have 3 wins over top 10 teams (Oregon, UAT, UGA).

Unrelated to anything but I hope you go to ToraGirl's thread in All Things Considered and spill on how you came up with your screen-name.  It's darn cool!

10 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

I was watching an SEC network segment on the LSU/Bama game and they were using Auburn’s defensive gameplay against LSU as a blueprint for Bama to follow. Kudos to Steele,

Did they also show the blueprint as to how to Hold .... oh, well it's bammer so I guess that won't be an issue for tha tahd.

Yep. We have one of the better resumes in the country even with two losses. A win over #7 Oregon and a win @ Texas A&M who has only lost to #1 teams other than us. We also played LSU as close as anyone has/ probably will. I think Auburn fans got spoiled with 2013 and the first half of 2014. Came back a little in 2017, but I don't think people realize just how competitive we are with other teams, even if our head coach does screw up a few calls in clutch situations. 

We are well within striking distance to be in the playoff this season. We'll need to win out, and get a little help from a few other teams, but there is no reason to completely give up on the possibility of getting into the playoff quite yet. I have a feeling this team is going to be some kind of ready to go against both UGA and Bammer. Let's give 'em all we got and let the chips fall...

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

The panel that ranks the playoff positions isn't made up of voters with some vested interest in TV ratings. I don't see the ratings as rigged for TV or for any other purpose. They look very legit to me.

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/sports/2017/10/16/selection-committee.aspx

I understand you and am not arguing. 

Merely pointing out, I don't have a vested interest either but if I were a voter and a mysterious package of $$$ showed up with a note saying "here's what we need" it might not be above my principles (this IS just silly entertainment and not life/death, after all) to vote exactly how I'm told.

And yes, that may seem far fetched but so did juiced balls & roids in the MLB '90's...

Like I said, not disagreeing...just pointing out the possibility. 

3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Because they are Minnesota.

You forgot the Minne-freakin-sota part...

15 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I just want to beat Georgia.

I do as well. This team has the athletes to beat the leg humpers and the crimson cheaters but as for the other intangibles (coaching mainly) I am not sure. I hope we can kick both their butts and take our place among the elite where we belong.

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I don't think anyone is keeping track of the Groundhog Day experience...but let's not tell that... oh, wait! 🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Unrelated to anything but I hope you go to ToraGirl's thread in All Things Considered and spill on how you came up with your screen-name.  It's darn cool!

Yep. Me too. Calling on these, also...we are dying of curiosity! If I missed any of these already there, mea maxima culpa! @RunInRed @AUFlyer99 @Shift@WDE_OxPx_2010 @Barnacle @Percolator @The Freak@tomtomwde@passthebiscuits @fredst @bigbird @mustache eagle @Strychnine @Beaker @Sizzle @McLoofus

31 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Yep. Me too. Calling on these, also...we are dying of curiosity! If I missed any of these already there, mea maxima culpa! @RunInRed @AUFlyer99 @Shift@WDE_OxPx_2010 @Barnacle @Percolator @The Freak@tomtomwde@passthebiscuits @fredst @bigbird @mustache eagle @Strychnine @Beaker @Sizzle @McLoofus

Mine is boring as hell. Parts of my name, lol. My avatar is my beloved Old English Sheepdog though- man I love that dog, my all-time fave, like an 80lb stuffed animal in my house😀!

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

Mine is boring as hell. Parts of my name, lol. My avatar is my beloved Old English Sheepdog though- man I love that dog, my all-time fave, like an 80lb stuffed animal in my house😀!

I've told you before,  I love your dog too!

Not sure if I mentioned this before though....

Every time I see that little picture I think of Sprocket the dog from Fraggle Rock, which was a silly little Muppet show on HBO in the '80's.

5ebd7-sprocket.jpg

7 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Because they’re not watching our games and only looking at the final scores/ranking. 

22 hours ago, tbone1430 said:

Initial rankings mean nothing. Look for the ranking after playing the turds. That will show everything we need to know about this year. Things are about to get either really ugly or really pretty. 

If our receivers keep dropping freaking passes, it could get horrid.

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Because they’re not watching our games and only looking at the final scores/ranking. 

I realize that. What else is there to go on? Same could be said about some coaches on the "wish list" from some of our fans I suppose.

Archived