CFP Stunner

tomcat

21 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think we as a fan base are definitely too close to it, but at the same time we see the problems more clearly, too. It's a double edged sword. I also have no doubts whatsoever they are trying to build AU-UGA into a top 10 battle, and also boost Bama and LSU's resumes as well. I think we are a fringe top 10 team in all honesty.

Alas, ranked 11th. 😝 Fringe 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Unrelated to anything but I hope you go to ToraGirl's thread in All Things Considered and spill on how you came up with your screen-name.  It's darn cool!

Posted!

Does anyone know if Ohio State has to vacate all wins this year if Chase Young is ruled ineligible?

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Does anyone know if Ohio State has to vacate all wins this year if Chase Young is ruled ineligible?

I think if they prove that the person who loaned him the money was not an agent or booster, AND if it was a friend, it has to be someone he knows and has an existing relationship with.

Then I don't think they would rule him ineligible and the school would not have to vacate games.

18 hours ago, abw0004 said:

A player can get a loan from a long time friend or family friend. I think that's what they are trying to determine. "Was he a longtime friend or simply a booster?" I'd expect them to have to forfeit wins if the person that issued the loan is a booster. At bammer, assistant coaches can do that without a problem but OSU isn't UAT.

On 11/5/2019 at 10:46 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

I keep trying to explain this to the “Why do you want to get rid of Gus?” fans of other teams. Granted, I’m surrounded by UTk, Ole Miss, and Arkansas fans...so it really just sounds like I’m being petty to them. 

Exactly!  I have nothing against Gus.  He is a very good man; a Christian man with Christian ethics; a good representative of Auburn; has expectations of the players off the field in place; a good recruiter.  If he would stay on as HC and bring in an OC and let him run his own offense as he does with Coach Steele and the defense, I would fine with that.  

The problem is that his offensive scheme no longer works and he is defiantly not changing it.  His play calling gets in a rut in big games.  It is time for an offensive scheme change, one way or another.  

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

A player can get a loan from a long time friend or family friend. I think that's what they are trying to determine. "Was he a longtime friend or simply a booster?" I'd expect them to have to forfeit wins if the person that issued the loan is a booster. At bammer, assistant coaches can do that without a problem but OSU isn't UAT.

Seems to be ok for Penny Hardaway up in Memphis basketball also.

On 11/6/2019 at 8:36 AM, oracle79 said:

Because they are Minnesota.

They are

17 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Penn State lost.  We are still very much in this if we win out.  

I hope you are correct, but I don't see it. A lot of chips would have to fall our way. Still, it happened for LSU back when $aban was coaching there, so anything's possible.

Not that it matters much I guess but I see Minn. jumping us this week....and a little shuffle in the top five...maybe bama dropping a couple spots.  Kinda hard to find an excuse for what LSU did to their vaunted defense,  considering it was at bama's home but there are some bammer apologists who will give the benefit of the doubt until they lose again. 

LSU and tOSU seem to be the better teams all around.....the battle is for third and fourth in my view. 

Some scenarios make an AU final 4 not outrageous - most unlikely part of all of them IMO is us beating both UGa and Bama. Enough teams in front of us likely to lose over next couple weeks. Can't control Oregon, they may get 4th spot even if we win out. Ironic. 

I'm wondering how the top 4 plays out this week. Herbstreit was saying it would be LSU, tOSU, Clemson, and UGA. As much as I hate to admit it, Bama lost to what will inevitably be the #1 team in the CFP, and UGA lost to a team that just lost to App. St. It's unjustifiable to put UGA ahead of Bama IMO. Bama will still make their way into the CFP. This loss does not hurt them much IMO. 

Archived