2019 4* SF Isaac Okoro Commits to AU!

ellitor

10 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

With the numbers who will leave after this coming year we need two more

3-4 more. We have 11. 3 graduate. Wiley goes pro barring injury. 2 committed. Teams can have 13 schollied players

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He looks like a heck of a ball player. Very smooth with the ball. Gets to the rim effortlessly and is able to get shots off while staying under control. 

On 6/14/2018 at 11:59 AM, Tiger said:

I hope you're right. And he certainly may not, but I wasn't envisioning us having this much turnover this year, so when it comes to hoops I try to expect the unexpected. I agree with everything you're saying though. When will we know about Stretch?

With the new rules I could see him testing the waters

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

With the new rules I could see him testing the waters

Based on? We don’t even know if he is going to redshirt or not.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Based on? We don’t even know if he is going to redshirt or not.

So the original thought was IF he blows up. So that takes we don't know if he is going to redshirt out of it. 

Second based off me knowing if he had a big season and he has ideal size and skill set for his position; and there is no downside for him to see where he's at on draft boards

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

So the original thought was IF he blows up. So that takes we don't know if he is going to redshirt out of it. 

Second based off me knowing if he had a big season and he has ideal size and skill set for his position; and there is no downside for him to see where he's at on draft boards

FWIW, I saw a rumor on the rant there is something wrong with his visa and may not play until maybe January.

58 minutes ago, Tiger said:

We talking about Stretch or Chuma here? 

I’m talking about Stretch...assuming Stretch is Akingibola (sp)

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I’m talking about Stretch...assuming Stretch is Akingibola (sp)

My original post was regarding Chuma testing the NBA waters. I really know nothing about Babatunde's game outside of he's supposed to be similar to Horace Spencer in that his strength is defense but needs to polish his offensive game

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

My original post was regarding Chuma testing the NBA waters. I really know nothing about Babatunde's game outside of he's supposed to be similar to Horace Spencer in that his strength is defense but needs to polish his offensive game

Oh. I thought he was answering to “when will we know about Stretch.” My sincere apologies to the much endowed and blessed one. 

16 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Oh. I thought he was answering to “when will we know about Stretch.” My sincere apologies to the much endowed and blessed one. 

It was poorly written on my part. I just tacked on the Stretch bit at the end without making it clear I was changing the subject my bad

Getting back to Okoro the more I watch his film the more I like him. Now we need a few new threads or updated threads about some other talented plays saying they will be committing to Auburn. We are going to be losing an awful lot of players after this year and we need to stock up. We are going to need a C/PF , SG, PG to go along with Okoro and possibly one more

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

It's cool, just read next time and keep that animosity away. There will be none of that

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

It was poorly written on my part. I just tacked on the Stretch bit at the end without making it clear I was changing the subject my bad

Nah it was clear, I saw what you were saying

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's cool, just read next time and keep that animosity away. There will be none of that

The only animosity that I remember is you getting butthurt when I said Lonzo would be an average NBA player. I ‘member.

9 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

The only animosity that I remember is you getting butthurt when I said Lonzo would be an average NBA player. I ‘member.

Nah you confuse disagreeing with animosity. But I was talking about your post in this thread. And you didn't say average I'm pretty sure you said he wouldn't be good and would be a liability on defense etc....

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nah you confuse disagreeing with animosity. But I was talking about your post in this thread. And you didn't say average I'm pretty sure you said he wouldn't be good and would be a liability on defense etc....

I did say he would be a defensive liability at times and he wasn’t so I was wrong there. I underestimated his craftiness. He wasn’t physically imposing either though. He was good defensively, not great.  What I said about him was:

Lonzo will be a "star" in the sense that he's the PG of the Lakers but he won't be a superstar. His offense needs work and his defense is atrocious. He very well could be Jason Kidd-like but hell, RW just averaged a triple double for the whole regular season and RW is nowhere near a winner. 

Regardless, welcome back. Hang around the NBA tread during the season too. 

Ok, I thought I remembered it. I feel like he was very good on D, especially to be a rookie. But I expected that, he was much more athletic than people thought coming out of the draft. Shooting was bad but that was expected. I was disappointed with the free throw shooting though. But imo great first season. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2018 at 2:03 PM, Tiger said:

I think you're underselling Akingbola. He's a much more refined and dominant rim defender than Horace was comng out of HS. He also can step back and hit a three or two, which Horace couldn't do until (hopefully) this season. He's gonna be AU's Clint Capella. 

15 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I think you're underselling Akingbola. He's a much more refined and dominant rim defender than Horace was comng out of HS. He also can step back and hit a three or two, which Horace couldn't do until (hopefully) this season. He's gonna be AU's Clint Capella. 

Thanks for the insight. That sounds very exciting! I know nothing about his game outside of a few minutes of youtube highlights but I am pumped about the talent we are stacking up.

How has Horace's outside shot been progressing? I had read he's been working on it.

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Thanks for the insight. That sounds very exciting! I know nothing about his game outside of a few minutes of youtube highlights but I am pumped about the talent we are stacking up.

How has Horace's outside shot been progressing? I had read he's been working on it.

No real insight other than some people close to the program that have seen a few practices, but it sounds like Horace has embraced the challenge to develop a lot more skills this year. Bc if he didn’t, then he’d get almost zero playing time. I think you’ll see him pick and pop and hit some open threes like Mac did last season. Other than that and his put backs, I don’t expect too much offense from him just bc this squad is loaded offensively 

2 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

No real insight other than some people close to the program that have seen a few practices, but it sounds like Horace has embraced the challenge to develop a lot more skills this year. Bc if he didn’t, then he’d get almost zero playing time. I think you’ll see him pick and pop and hit some open threes like Mac did last season. Other than that and his put backs, I don’t expect too much offense from him just bc this squad is loaded offensively 

Thanks.

I saw that the players asked Bruce to define their roles earlier in the season this year. I wonder how that will affect things

recruiting analyst for 247 ranks young mr okoro in his top ten for the 2019 class

his shot looks a little janky at the moment but he's gotta be one of the best defenders in the class for sure.

Archived