2020 4* QB Jacolby Criswell (UNC commit)

Sizzle

Just now, Sizzle said:

He doesn’t look like a dual threat to me. Looks like a pocket passer

247 has a very lenient definition of Dual threat & seeing it on one of their profiles should be seen with a huge grain of salt.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm not going to argue with you Mikey because the topic & your trolling for arguments' sake is not worth it. I will say this though your loyalty to Gus is admirable & is as stubborn as he is. It does blind you to some realities when it comes to Gus though & this is one of them.

How many times have we seen "We are only taking X numbers at such and such a position, only to have that change when some great prospect becomes available or commits elsewhere? Many times. The annual "needs and wants" threads are in a constant state of flux until signing is over. 25 is just as flexible.

41 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It is with Gus limiting us to 25 in the class for now. And the rest of us know he's stubborn enough to not adjust on that.

Sad but true.  This is the year I hope Gus realizes how important it is to fill all of our needs. 

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

247 has a very lenient definition of Dual threat & seeing it on one of their profiles should be seen with a huge grain of salt.

I wish they would use the old NCAA video game descriptions of Pocket Passer, Balance , and Scrambler. PP is obvious. Balanced would be guys that most would consider PP but they are very athletic they just fall more towards the PP side of the coin, and then the Scrambler...the true Nick Marshall Michael Vicks of the world. Would clear a lot of this up. 

A lot of Arkansas fans wanted Chad to go after Criswell harder but he got his son Chandler committed and didn't pursue anyone else, so naturally Chad will probably be fired and we'll miss out on both 😂

He's a good player, always hard to tell how he'll translate in the small Arkansas classifications since the competition isn't great but he's got a lot of tools. Cousin of former Arkansas/current 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

25 is nothing but an arbitrary, self imposed limit for ideal circumstances. Example: Get 25 on board and and Simpson wants to flip back to AU and it'll be 26 in a heartbeat. After that, let that 5* TE from Atlanta want to flip to AU from LSU and it'll be 27 and we all, Gus included, will be laughing all the way to the bank. I've never seen arbitrary limits at total numbers or positions that weren't flexible in adjusting to some unexpected situation.

Dang Mike. Ellitor hiimself is not setting the number at 25. He is only repeating what Malzahn has said about the number. Don't rake him over the coals for what Malzahn has put out there.

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

Dang Mike. Ellitor hiimself is not setting the number at 25. He is only repeating what Malzahn has said about the number. Don't rake him over the coals for what Malzahn has put out there.

@SumterAubie I appreciate it. When I said I was done with Mikey on this topic I meant it. He could reply or go at me a million times on this topic & I still ain't gonna read it. Unless someone else wants to debate him then all he's doing is wasting his internet breathe at this point.

As for particulars I'm not repeating what Gus has said. Gus wouldn't commit on class numbers before a class is signed because they'd rather not let that info get out. I am repeating what all AU recruiting reporters have said which is they have been told from their sources is the hard ceiling for this class is 25. If that's true then somewhere in the previous class 2 more have counted I don't know about or the other logical conclusion is that Gus has set that number for now & decided to hold 2 spots later for transfers. My point was is Gus is so damn stubborn that it's very possible given his past decisions he could stick with it & in reality not be flexible.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

My point was is Gus is so damn stubborn that it's very possible given his past decisions he could stick with it & in reality not be flexible.

I know a lot of teachers like this and it's a bad way to be. Sometimes you're wrong or the situation changes. They usually won't change because they think it makes them seem weak. Truth is it makes you seem illogical.

On 11/8/2019 at 1:02 PM, SumterAubie said:

Please re-read my post. I wasn't in any sense raking anyone over the coals. I was pointing out that in recruiting, flexibility is an unavoidable fact. "We want so many at such and such a position", or "we want to sign so many in this class" changes as frequently as the summer breezes. Who we can get and NCAA limits drive the numbers, not vice-versa.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Is this guy an early or late signee...and have we backed off?

Late & no. He's just not interested. Another one I should have moved a week or 2 ago.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:24 AM, ellitor said:

Agree...we should know by now to be cautious about that designation.....which is based on running against HS talent... and often does not translate well against SEC defenders.  Looks like he fits Mack Brown's style...

Archived